I'm somewhat confused with Pur's sticky

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Zika, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

Plz delete/move this thread if it is inappropiate or too flamey.

Do I now have to do everything you say Pur, no questions asked?

If I go by the ideal of listening to people who have got results but have no scientific study based of what they do, i would still not listen to you.

You know why? You said a few months ago you've been working out heavily for 16 years. 16 years and your last competition you posted about in here (you may of done more since) was a STATE national..and you placed 5th (or was it 6th) :hsugh:

On the flip side, jay cutler has been working out for 16 years aswell, according to his website. He placed 2nd in the olympia...so you know Pur, it sounds like through all your arrogance I may do the exact opposite of anything you recommend, in the hopes I may do a little better than you.

I only speak for myself here, of course I'm still a complete n00b who knows jack shit, but I know enough to choose who I take my advice from when it is not scientific study's (I use PubMed for that). If I don't understand right then please tell me where I went wrong. You will have 99% of F & N supporting you, I'm sure. But I just wanted to make my opinion public, if I am entitled to it.

CLIFFS:

My personal opinion is that PurEvl's arrogance is not justified because of how he places in competitions.

2. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

why you delete this? Its your opinion. Lets let it fly an see who agrees. Dont be a little faggot pussy over in the uk hiding ya pasty pudding faced 140lb fagtron

Although if you took the time to read...it wasnt from me, it was a qoute from dave tate and jim

Also for the record...post your pics so people can see who you are as well and how much progress you have made an how you will be doing better then me. Please if ANYONE thinks they can do better then me lets put some money on it and compete. PUT UP or shut up. Pretty simple.

Eddscat I dont dislike anyone on this forum but you....honest to god you are one of the whinest pussies on here and i rode you and you are just butt hurt as always.

The sticky is you...100% ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU...you look like you have NEVER lifted in your life. My chihauhau has bigger legs then you.

Dont fucking open bash me then delete it like a bitch.

IF anyone else agrees with him, let it be known but you better be able to back it up and not a zit faced douchebag like him

We will sticky it for good measure

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  3. Zika

I deleted this like 5 minutes after I posted it, maybe less, because it was'nt really relevant to F & N it's totally person, I just don't like you, I think you are are really cocky, but you can't like everyone. Also, how can you say I look like I've never lifted then go on to say You've never seen my pics, real coherent argument there, pur...
    Although, I belive you have seen my pics before, you've even linked my myspace before when I've never even posted it :hsugh:

Yeah right nice that was'nt really a response to what I posted.

I just did'nt understand why you were pussy hurt, you obviously posted the thread as a counterarguement to the when people rather listen to study's than experiance. I'm not talking about extreme cases like pokesteve where he follows every fad diet, I mean little shit like how much protein can be digested in a meal, or a thread where you posted about how you gained alot more when you lowered protein intake. I'm just saying stuff like that needs some kind of study, not just one man who quite frankly has'nt really achieved that much over 16 years, but obviously thinks he knows everything.

I've been lifting like a year and a half so I'm still learning shit and I'm not saying i know more than you, i said that in the first post, it's just there are threads which really apply to my lifting and you post like you word is law.

4. PurEvl

you HAVE ZERO INPUT ON ANYTHING. You dont even lift you douche. Dont like me? I fucking hate you kid...you get to hide an you know it. Your a little pussy. I NEVER linked your myspace...someone else did. I just died when i saw who the shit talking asshole was. If you can do better in a NPC national qualifier then man the fuck up and get into the heavyweights an get it done. You cant even bench 225, you have a 12" arm and you're commenting on me? WHo the fuck are you? Damn right im cocky to people like you. I could stop lifting for the next 4 years and still be MR olympia compared to you.

Once again...WHO ARE YOU AN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. TEll us

Post your stats/lifts/timeframe it took....show everyone whatever science an advice got you.

YA my low protein is 200-250 usually so i can see how an idiot like yourself would take it wrong :rolleyes: Instead of 400-500 which added too many cals an hindered gains due to stomach issues...ya your a genius. You need a study to see how that works? Go study why your mother didnt swallow you

5. trancezj

trancezj New Member

HA! this is great. I'd decided to take some time off from OT, but I can't resist this thread. So you're going to compare one phreakishly genetic gifted professional to another fairly gifted not quite pro? After a year and half of training you should look like you've lifted. You don't. You look like a 10 year old girl with lower test levels than even a girl at that age should have. The fact that you made this comparison just shows further that you have ZERO clue what you're doing. You're a keyboard jocky. No more no less. Personally I don't see eye to eye with Christophers and the like, but I do have some respect for them and possibly haven't shown it like I should in the past, but you sir don't deserve the respect of that fat guy with bitch tits who comes in and burns 100 calories on the exercise bike followed by a smoke and gallon of icecream. You don't now, and I'm guessing will NEVER understand. It doesn't make you a bad person, but it sure as fuck doesn't make you qualified to make judgements on someone who has more muscle in one arm than you have in your entire body. If you're happy with your 18 months of training progress, good for you. Some people just like to see results and not just go through the motions.

6. Zika

Right I'm gunno delete this again, that got a little too personal :ugh:. Plus 99% of F & N will disagree with me, I know this, it will cause flaming on me which I don't want.

I agree that i've been trolling recently and have'nt really contributed in like 5-6 months, except for stupid passerby shit. But like you said I'm a total fucking n00b, I've never claimed in this thread that I'm better than you, you are obviously trying to attack me as a form of defence. I even tried in my posts to never say I'm better than you, and act as more of a form of commentary about what you posted. I know I'm a n00b, that's the problem. YOU are being elitiest and allowing me no thought or opinion about what you do because of the fact you are bigger, this is what I mean about your arrogance.

Btw, you obviously don't know what thread I'm talking about with lowered protein, it's an old thread anyways.

7. Zika

fucks sake you're not gunno let me delete it are you :hs:

8. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

i don't see the point in this thread. Pur, obviously, has more experience than any of us. Are you mad at him for not being Cutlers size? are you seroius?

9. PurEvl

DO NOT DELETE IT EDD...me an you will stop here...let the rest of the forum speak on it...if some feel your way then it needs to be said. I wont post anymore to you in this. I want to know is others have the same opinion. Cause if they do then why the fuck keep me here an blow smoke up my ass.

So let it stand.

10. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

jay cutler and he have both lifted for 16 years, cutler has done better for himself. I wonder if anyone on this board has played football for 10 years and done less well than say AJ Hawk, naw i doubt there's any genetic issues going on in either case.

Here's the thing, it's not that Pur is Mr. Olympia, cuz he's not. It's just that he's put his time in at the gym and paid his dues, along with guys like jim wendler and dave tate (albeit with different goals). Yes, various studies and things are interesting, and sure you should take a look at them, but in the end reading studies and shit isn't going to get you anywhere, even if you somehow magically came up with the most effecient way to train, diet, whatever, you still will have to put in the hard work and you'll probably find some things outside of studies that work for you personally. We all have different bodies and anyone who's ever worked out with a training partner for any period of time knows that. Heck, you can tell it in probably 3 months with one partner just by which of your guy's exercises go up in strength faster than the other ones, or which of your muscle groups respond quicker. In the case of Pur not placing very well in his show after training for 16 years? Go see if you can even qualify to enter a show, not to mention the fact that during the 16 years he's had a lot of other stuff going on in his life, it isn't all about lifting. He's got a wife and a kid IIRC, a camaro (among other cars), a pretty decent job and he's an overall pretty decent guy. Yeah, he can be arrogant on the board and stuff, but when he's talking to people who haven't accomplished anything, sometimes it's the only way he feels he can get his point across, get in the gym and lift some fucking weight, go home and eat some fucking food, rinse and repeat.

:eek3: i just posted in a rant/flame/pussyhurt thread.

11. Zika

Grrraa this is what I did'nt want. I wanted to comment one what Pur said without highlighting the fact I'm a n00b, that's why what i said has nothing to do with me. I never said LOL I'm better than you.

12. Zika

but your point can be swaded into my argument aswell. If how you gain is influenced by genes, how can Pur tell us to listen to people who are bigger than me, when I may have like for example a completey different enzyme produced by the stomach for digesting carbs so I need alot less than they needed?

13. Zika

If that's the case and you're even gunno sticky it can you put back up that post i deleted in this thread (the one between your first and second post):dunno:

14. PurEvl

thanks, you get it.. Also I have competed 4 times...twice in 1999/2000 and then 2004/2005. Hardly a career. I didnt do shit with it from 15-20 and it wasnt BB'ing serious until 21-22. Sure i did alot of work but nothing like competeing. So I competed 22-24 then got married...took 5 years off...had a kid, bought a few homes ,cars, few jobs. I have had my wifes sisters kids since I was 16...they were 3 and are now 17...so I was raising kids when i was a kid myself and I lived with my wife at 16...I was doing very well in highschool an out of it right from the get go career wise. BB'ing is an always will be a hobby to me. I guess some think it was my dream. :rofl: BB'ing is a nightmare not a dream, and if you have never competed on the NPC level you will ever understand that comment. Jay went another route...Jay lives, sleeps, eats BB'ing...and always has. To even be mentioned in the same sentance as him is absurd..Comparing me to him is like comparing edd to me. *ego alert*

15. Zika

Well if you have'nt got as much as experiance as you do, then why do you claim you have it? Man, you post some confusing shit, like "you look like shit, but I've never seen your pics"

16. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

he didn't say he'd never seen your pics, he told you to post them, as in new ones showing that you don't look like a pussy. Also, did he say somewhere that he's got 16 years experience as a pro bodybuilder, or 16 years lifting experience?

This is the kind of thinking that will get you absolutely nowhere. If you worry about genetics before you're even on a competing level, then you might as well give up. You can achieve a lot, irregardless of genetics, but to be the #1 person in the world (or #2 since you picked cutler) at something, in addition to ridiculously hard work, you will need a little better genetics. That doesn't mean you can't get great results though. It's just like my football comparison earlier, Terrell Owens is a monster athlete and nobody on this board no matter how hard they tried would probably have ever been the wide receiver he is, but that said if he didn't work hard and play football for years, neither would he. He would just be a tall skinny black guy sittin at home.

17. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

what the fuck is going on in here

18. PurEvl

whoa what? I dont even know what to say to this?

19. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

stop hurting my feelings!! i want to lift and be patted on the back for it!!!

:mamoru:

20. Zika

That's fair enough and I agree.

But Pur is saying I need to "Respect my elders/people who are bigger" fair enough. But I can't listen to Pur. I can listen to John Berardi, every single thing he posts has a bibliography of refrence study's, he's also come first place in a Mr.Universe.
    I'm not talking Pur in every single post, he's even helped me with my pull-up technique before and complemented on me about my numbers with pull-ups, it's just that in the sticky thread I get the air that I have to unconditionally take on board every thing he sais. I can't do that all the time.

Remeber, I'm not saying I know more, I'm saying that I'm not gunno take on board everything Pur tells me. Especially when it's really controversial topics about F & N, and he posts things really straight forward and with no study's so it's sort of "I'm right, I will not tell you why, you will have to prove me wrong" When someone proves him wrong (which i try to do alot, i admit, which is why he does'nt like me) he throws out points like the one in the sticky as a counter-arguement about how he is bigger than me so he must know what he's talking about :dunno:

21. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

bro is there some reason you dont just get your ass to the gym and lift?
    why do you need studies to move weights?
    do you bring your pc to the gym so you can chat b/t sets?
    his point is, JUST FUCKING DO IT already. stop whining, stop reading, stop researching. its not homework, its fitness.

22. PurEvl

that post has nothing to do with me, its a message to you wannabes who look like shit an dont gain anything. Your studys are doing nothing for you.

Heres the post in a nutshell FROM DAVE TATE AN JIM Wendler NOT ME, I happen to agree thats all.

THINK FOR YOUR FUCKING SELF

EAT
    TRAIN
    Repeat

If you need science or someones else titty to suck cause you cant figure it yourself then quit now cause you will never get it. Thats what they are saying. Did you even read it for fucks sake? Sure read, learn but use it for yourself an adapt it as you need. Not follow them like an idiot an go nowhere. THERE IS NO SCIENCE IN THIS, its theory at best. If you dont understand that, just leave the hobby. If you do a lift this gurus way, then I do it the same way, you think it will net the same results? How is that science. Your listening because someone is out in the public eye an more popular then me. Well Im twice the size of 99% of these gurus and coaches...so I would listen to the guy who looks the part as long as he speaks it with some knowledge as well. If dave tate came up to me to give advice on a bench...and then you(lets say for this moment your a guru with degreee after degree) but look like you do...who the fuck would i honestly take serious? The guy benching 800 or the guy who has some data an theory on how to do it but just struggled with 135? Honestly you're daft if you read that post an didnt get it.

23. Zika

I lift and eat, have been doing for a year and a half...I post my routine/diet a few times :dunno: It's pretty standard, just straight compound exercises & maximum weight

24. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

25. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

first of all, john berardi won mr. universe? When the fuck did that happen?

Second of all, i think you missed the entire point of the post, which was to listen to some of what everyone has to say. I don't think Pur would tell you that everything he says will work for you, but i think he might say most of what he says will work for most people. I doubt he'd tell you to not listen to anything berardi says, but i think you'd also be foolish to listen to everything berardi says. That was part of the point of the post, was that no one person knows all there is to know, and not everything will be the same for all people. Past that, the other point was, guys like dave and jim are strong as hell, guys like pur are big as hell and have competed, so they must know something. Just because they don't have a study to back up everything they say/do, the fact that they've themselves done it and had results, means they know probably way the hell more than someone who hasn't done shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.