SRS im socially retarded sometimes.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by paranoidandroid, Oct 9, 2008.

1. paranoidandroid

paranoidandroid New Member

i have a lot of problems talking to girls. i am very confident about it and seriously do not even get nervous when talking to them. my problem is i can just never think of anything to say to them.

today i saw a girl and i asked her her name and asked her where she lived. after that i just kind of walked away because i could not think of a single thing to say. it was like i was afraid of the silence and had to leave. has anyone experienced this? Can you give me some tips of what to talk about or how to keep the convo going???? Thanks a lot!

2. amourdoux

amourdoux New Member

Maybe try to talk about current issues going on? Like the presidential debates, sports, or even the weather.

3. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I have the same problem. I agree with amourdoux -- talk light politics, school sports, music.

4. pharcyde92

pharcyde92 New Member

Just be goofy. It really helps to break the ice. once thats done, say whatever you want.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Whenever a convo dies: Ask questions. Anything will do.

6. BCIT

BCIT Guest

:rofl::rofl:

I hate meeting new people too :wtc:

7. TheOnly1WithKFC

TheOnly1WithKFC OT Supporter

whenever talking to people you want to get to know, not just girls, try to get their full opinions on something; as opposed to a one worded answer. if all you get is one worded answers then ask the person why he/she thinks that. then you've got to show some rapport and other stuff will just fall into place, imo.

i dont know if it's legal to say this in this sub forum, but, maybe you should look into pick up. juggler method in particular.

and this in particular:
    http://www.pickuppodcast.com/player/index.html
    ^start from the first 5 or so episodes

not too sure if it'll necessarily "help", but it helped me for sure

8. css1323

css1323 New Member

I have the same problem, but it's around everybody.

If you're creative and have a sense of humor, you'll do fine. I know I don't have much to say because I'm not very enlightened on a lot of topics.

However, there are times when you can say virtually anything and you'll get positive feedback. I've found just talking about anything works well. Whatever is currently going on is a good conversation starter. You just gotta use your head.

9. kiri

kiri New Member

:rofl::rofl:

i would stay away from politics, just because you never know when you're gonna get some super adamant political buff (unless of course YOU are a super adamant political buff). plus it's kind of taboo.

when i can't think of anything to say, i rely on the fact that people love to talk about themselves. ask them anything about their lives and they'll probably ramble on about it, even if it's as simple as "wow cool shirt, where did you get it?" hopefully whatever they say will spark something for you to say, etc.

10. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

i kinda agree with this bit of advice. i tend to be quite silly at times, so i'll make a silly comment and then go from there. worse-case scenario is that she thinks i'm some doofus and is constantly reminded of that whenever she sees me and tells everyone she knows to avoid me. i can live with that, haha.

be observant too, i make a lot of situation-based comments because i just pay attention to what's going on around me. an easy example is being in an elevator. everyone is always so quiet, stares straight ahead and always try to not make physical contact with other people. i just comment on that behavior and everyone's defenses go down. it's actually pretty entertaining seeing people come alive just because the tension has been broken.

in your case, you could've just asked what she was doing there. asking questions is great when you don't know what to say, just don't be creepy or too interviewy about it.

11. Dissent

Dissent OT Supporter

:naughty: Elevator move...it happens.

12. Jake!

Jake! Guest

I hate talking about myself :hsd:

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: I'm not comfortable opening up about myself until I get to know someone better :hs:

14. Shayes

Shayes OT Supporter

get to know them. but honestly i have the same problems, except i dont even begin to talk to girls

15. Dissent

Dissent OT Supporter

starting off with a joke or some funny comment tend to get a conversation going.