SRS im so nervous scared sad, horrible 3 months

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Helmet, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Helmet

Helmet New Member

hi everyone, seems like im always here when i have a problem. im currently going to the toughest time in my 22 years. i know many here have had worst buy its new tome. well on oct 4 i was fired. i have been unemployed since. i have applied at other places and i never hear back. about 3 weeks into my unemployment i ran out of money. ive been pretty much living off of credit and bearly being able to pay the minimum payment and my bank accout has been overdrawn a few times. this is just horrible. i owe about $2k and rises every month. my gf that ive been with for 10 months has been amazing paying for everything and she is now fed up. ive been un intentionally treating her bad since i got fired. and we had argued alot. tonight she told me she want to break up. i still live with my parents thank god. but they will be going out of the country from dec 8- jan 3. chances are that im going to be alone, unemployed, in debt, and just depressed. ive cried alot, have had alot of headaches, and now im just feeling hopeless. i cant sleep at night, cant go out at night because it costs $$, ive gained 30lbs, need new glasses cant see well, most my clothes dont fit. i just dont know what to do. im not religious but have thought about just going to church to pray but i have to save gas. my gf has sacraficed and is ready to leave me. i know that i might hear that the only way to go now is up. but when will that start. i just dont know, im soo sad and i just dont know. i post this because i just dont have anyone to talk to about this stuff. it was my gf but she has had enough. i dont have many friends. really just have 3, only talk to one regularly but we dont talk about this stuff. i find myself pretty alone. without my gf and will only have no one. im just alone in this hole i dug for myself.

thank you for listening.
    i know its alot but thats what im going through.

2. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

Well, I'm sorry to tell you this but you seem to have brought this upon yourself a bit. You're unemploed but you didnt have gain 30lbs nor treat your gf bad because of it. It'll cost you no money to run around your neighborhood to do some exercise. Start eating healthy. Find something to concentrate on other than the miserable things you're going through. Until you fix Your life you won't be able to fix your relationship. Now we all now very rarely do places call you back for an interview, I've always been taught that if you don't hear from the place 2-3 days YOU call. You have to make the effort, the company can care less about you, there are plenty of people that need employment, and you are nothing special to them. So, the only thing I can really suggest here is fill out some more applications, start calling all these places to see if they have reviewed your application and if they'll give you an interview (always dress accordingly when applying AND apply in person). And start jogging or at least walking around your neighborhood and eating healthy. As for your gf, if you still think you have a chance with her then continue talking to her, show her that you're making changes in your life, that you're going to work harder and get a job, that you're going to lose those extra lbs. Show her that you still care about her. If she can't stay with you anymore, that's her decision to make. I wish you the best of luck.

3. Bleed

Bleed New Member

Well here's the thing about depression. It seems like its out of control because you have everything piling up. If you want to get out of it, you need to figure out where rock bottom is for you. This will vary depending on the person but rock bottom for me would have been living off credit cards.

1. Exercise. While it is very superficial and unethical, a person that is better looking has a higher percentage of getting a job, being perceived as intelligent, etc. It's just how the world works, so start living healthier and get in shape. You can walk/run for free.

2. Cut your credit cards up right now. That shit is going to be an impossible battle. You miss 1 payment and you're interest rate is up to 20%+ If you don't have money, I'd start looking for work asap.

3. There are plenty of places hiring, you're not looking hard enough. If you're unemployed, your 9-5 job should be looking for work. WOrst case scenario, work at a restaurant for a few months while you line up another job. Get money coming in and then worry about making more of it instead of trying to find the dream job right now.

4. Asherman

Asherman New Member

You've given us a pretty exhaustive list of all the negatives in your life. Now, how about giving us the positives? Here's a starting point to build on:

1. 22 years old, with boundless horizons.
    2. Got three meals and a flop guaranteed for the foreseeable future.
    3. Have plenty of time to pursue interests, and any opportunity that might present itself.
    4. Your indebtedness is a matter of concern, but you don't really owe more than could easily be repaid once you have a steady paycheck.
    5. How much income do you really need in the short term? Not much, right? So take any job you can get to pay off your credit debt and demonstrate to you parents that you are really trying to get you life in order. Digging ditches is just a start toward something better, and anything is better than nothing... right?

Do something, anything, but do it well and take pride in whatever you do.

5. Helmet

Helmet New Member

well every where ive applied i have called countless times but never got anything out of it. i can cut the credit cards but then wont have any money for gas or a necessity.

6. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I have been in this situation before.

I would recommend lowering your standards a smidgen. Like the OP said, take a job at a restaraunt, a construction company.. landscaping..

Some type of labor job or something, just to get your mind back in the right place and make you feel a little better.

7. Bleed

Bleed New Member

Dude, work at olive garden or something temporarily. Just find a place that will hire anyone so you can line up the next job.

Cut the cards. The worst thing that can happen is that you put yourself in a hole. $2k is easy to pay off, but when that gets to $10k on 20% interest. You get fucked.

8. teo

teo . => ? => !

Lots of retail places are hiring for the Christmas rush. With your parents out of the country, you should be able to pick up some good pay right around the Christmas holiday when no one else wants to work, and that's not even including possible overtime.

9. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

you ran out of money because your a dumbass and you probably blow your money on stupid shit. You got fired on Oct 3rd? Ok, then keep applying at places, work a part time job, stop spending, cancel car payment, cell phone, whatever. I live at home and I know for sure that there is no way that you can have it that bad if you don't have a mortgage to pay. \

Your post is funny because you gained 30 lbs and now your clothes don't fit. You must have burned through all that cash buying food and now your fucked. Ha ha get your head out of your ass and get a job.

10. Exiled

Exiled New Member

..... why would you be like that?

11. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Aren't we in the Asylum?

Yes, the OP may have not been too wise with his actions. He could have gotten a part time job at McDonald's, a grocery store, etc. He didn't need to gain 30lbs or fight with his gf. But he has, and has come here for advice. Do you really need to act like a douche? Everyone fucks up at some point in life, whether it be money, relationship, jobs, whatever.

12. BMH

BMH New Member

have u offered ur services to ur neighbors?i.e mowing lawns,babysitting,walking dogs,Etc.they sound childish but they give you some money.You could also sell some stuff thats collecting dust in your garage or room.

13. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

yes, there are plenty of ways to make some extra cash. This guy's problem could of EASILY been avoided. All he had to do was go into a type of "survival mode" when his income stopped. But instead he is complaining that he can't go out anymore because it costs money and he is floating on credit. Mostly his fault, and I get angry and people stupidity.

14. scholar

scholar New Member

Well the good news is you have minimal expenses because you're living with your parents. Like people have already said, there ARE jobs out there, you might just need to be prepared to do something which involves more manual labour than you're used to.

15. johan

johan Active Member

I'm sure you don't want to hear this but things aren't SO bad that you can't dig out again.

You just need to hunker down and focus a bit. This little bit of trouble you're going through is GOOD.

YES ITS FUCKING GOOD FOR YOU.

WHY? Because.... think of it like boot camp for Life.

It's teaching you to hunker down. Focus on what's important. & Get Results.

Do that, and you'll soon realize that there really isn't any problem too big for you to handle.

Apply yourself, work it, and concentrate your energies and you'll find that pretty much anything that comes at you in life can be smashed down and triumphed over.

Start with setting up a schedule for yourself, waking up on time, and looking for a job.
    Once you get that job, collect your money and decide what areas of your life need improvement.
    Got debt? Smash that. Don't be a chump, pay it off.

Can't afford your car? Switch to a cheaper car.

Guys who try to pretend to baller status but don't have the real income only end up hurting bad later.

So who's the real baller?

The guy who pretended early, lives in a crappy apartment, racked up bad cred and 40K in debt and needs 5+ years to climb out?

Or the guy who drove a shitty car for a few years, got a degree, got a good job, got a career, lots of disposable $$$, and now drives whatever he wants, loan-free.

Unless you have model looks, I guarantee chicks go for Guy #2 EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Figure out what's important, what's real, in life. Now's the time to grow up and go for it.

16. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Things will start going up when you get rid of whatever reasoning is keeping you from getting a job. You can get a basic job ANYWHERE, and doing ANYTHING and making ANY money will make you feel better and ease your troubles -- not to mention it will show your girlfriend that you're not a worthless sap who gives up the first time something bad happens.