SRS Im so fuckin pissed off!!! My Christmas is now ruined! ARGH!!! *RANT*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Dec 15, 2007.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

I know some may say I should blog this, but I just need to vent. :wtc: Im so upset right now, thanks to mom my Christmas is going to suck ass this year! And my sister feels the same way (probably not as upset as me though).

I dont like saying this but I hate my mother right now for what shes doing. Ok, I just found out today from my sister that she just had a mis-carriage as of last night according to her doctor. So basically being the extremely superstitous person that my mother is, there is this stupid lame fuckin bullshit superstitution that she follows that doesnt let the mother of the mis-carriage particapate in any family gatherings for the next month.

THat means my sister cant come over to my parents house for a month, she cant go to her dads birthday party next week, she cant even come over on Xmas day to celebrate fuckin Christmas wit the rest of the family! OH FUCK THIS SHIT!!! This includes my sister, her hubby and my 3yr old niece (who I absolutely love to death) and is a huge part of my life. I absolutely loooooooooove kids, and everytime I get to see her, babysit her it makes me happy. This is fuckin christmas, I was so looking forward to seeing her 3 times next week and spending lots of time with her with all this time off.

So now my dads birthday is next week, and my dad doesnt even get to see his granddaughter as much as everyone else because of the hours he works and now on his own fuckin birthday he cant even see his old fuckin granddaughter :rolleyes: Just wait till he hears this, he wont be fuckin pleased.

So now my sis is changing her plans for the 25th and going to a friends instead. So glad to hear she was able to find alternative plans because no one, NO ONE deserves to spend CHristmas alone.

The only good thing I get out of all this is that I will still be able to spend some time with my sis and my niece this holidays (though very limited now) thanks to mom :rolleyes: I'll only get to see them on the 24th now as we are goin to my other sisters and her hubbys place...and looks like Ill have to bring all my nieces gifts there to see her open them.

Just fuckin great, fuckin pissed as hell. Now, on Christmas day I will be spending another fuckin Christmas with snobby relatives from my mothers side of the family that I dont really give a shit about or get along with. :greddy: Gonna be a shitty Xmas for me now and aside from the 24th at my sisters Im not excited or looking forward to anything now.:wtc:

Cant my mother think of others for a change and not just about herself all the time? Jesus christ grr

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Ibsorry about all of that.

For me, it's more of a cultural thing that when the mother gives birth they cannot go over to the Grandmother's (on the mother's side of the family) house for a month. Again, just a cultural thing--especially if you're following the cultural ways and religion.

I'm sorry you won't be getting the Christmas you wanted but you should empathize maybe a little with your mom. She just had a miscarriage :hug:

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice or help on this :(

3. JakobwithaK

I know where youre coming from, so youre mom follows the same belief? Well I know I should empathize with my mother a little more, but the thing is, this is fuckin Christmas, it comes once a year. My dads birthday is once a year, and she cant even make an exception. I mean if anything she should be empathizing with her daughter more in letting this lame Bullshit belief go....at least this one time.

I just went and picked up the tree yesterday, picked out a real nice one for my niece...and setup the house with lights and stuff (put up more than last year) and went through quite a bit of effort to make it look real nice, just because I know my niece absolutely loves Xmas lights. I was looking forward to her coming over and smiling when she sees all the lights I put up for her. And now that she cant even come over for a month and wont see any of it just pisses me right off.

I dont even wanna decorate the fuckin tree anymore. So I basically went through all this effort to do what exactly mom? Impress her side of the family come the 25th????? FUCK THIS!!!

I mean now my dad not only will NOT see his granddaughter on his own birthday but also Xmas!!! How fuckin sad is that?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

wow, i've never heard of this "superstition"/belief.

odd

5. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

6. JakobwithaK

:(

7. xduRRx

xduRRx 0_o

wow that is so grrr :mad:
    cant you just spend more time at your sis on the 25th instead of home with the relatives you dont even care for? unless your sister has other plans of course... or just go hang out at someone elses house in general. lulz boycott!

8. JakobwithaK

Well my mother throws such a big part on xmas I like to be home to help her out with cooking and cleanup, prep and stuff. My sis is going to her friends place now, and I would have nowhere to go anyways :rofl:

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

What?!, i've heard of not stepping underneath a ladder, but this is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard, i've never heard of this kind of superstition either. Just let your sister come, inspite of your moms objections.

10. JakobwithaK

Ya i know its complete bullshit, but whatever. Shes not even gonna waste her time convincing mom, shes so stuck up on her bullshit superstitions. Whatever - so theyre already set going to her friends on xmas day. :(

Thanks ma for ruining my xmas, im still pissed at her! I still havent decorated the tree and have no motivations in doing so anymore. I even took down some of the lights on the outside of the house today im so upset.

11. Guerilla Grower

Guerilla Grower New Member

Thats one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, I would think that you would want to be extremely close/comforting when your daughter has a mis-carriage, especially during the holidays/birthdays.

Excuse me, but your mothers a straight asshole.

12. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

wow... what culture practices this? :dunno:

sorry dude :hug:

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Wow...I've never heard of this superstition....very strange indeed.

Sorry that your mom isn't seeing things properly and it's effecting your happiness. Perhaps you can join your sister at her friends house??

I would think your sister feels awful about losing the baby and really needs loving family around this time of year. Perhaps you can help your mom to see this and how that would effect your sister's emotions. I can't imagine a loving, caring parent pushing a daughter away that just lost a baby. That's so not my style nor my family's.

Anyways, for what it's worth, I'm sorry this is happening. Hopefully it wont be a total loss. Hang in there.

14. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

My thoughts EXACTLY.

umm wow. just wow. that is some serious bullshit.

I say you tell your sister to stay at her house
    (instead of going to her friend's house) and you guys leave your mom at her house and go stay with your sister for Christmas.

15. JakobwithaK

No clue, but im half flip, half spanish

16. JakobwithaK

Well first off I would love to spend Xmas elsewhere but I have nowhere to go since I live with mom :wtc:. Plus I just found out tonight that one of my loser cousins isnt coming:bigthumb:

17. up|dn

up|dn ಠ_ಠ

stick with your sister. Regardless of stupid superstitions, she probably needs you right now.

18. JakobwithaK

Hey no worries, well my sister is very strong and this is not effecting her at all. Why? Sure shes a bit down about having a miscarriage but she does know its common among woman and its just life. So they will have to go er another go after the new year. Shes very strong and I give her props for that :)

19. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

Wow, that's incredible. I would have told my mother flat out that if she's going to be so terrible to her own family, she can spend Christmas alone. What kind of bizarre culture preaches that a woman who has just gone through an incredibly traumatic experience cannot be with her mother/family during the time she probably needs them most? That's really fucked up.

20. JakobwithaK

Read my post prior to this one. My sister is doing fine, its not affecting her much, if at all. I know this may sound odd because Im not even the one who should be affected but I think this is making me more upset than her....actually I know it is.

21. JakobwithaK

Ya mom is incredibly stubborn when it comes to her make believe Superstitions, she claims it will bring bad luck if my sister is over at her house within the next month :hsugh:

22. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Nor I..

23. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

ditch your mom and go with your sister?

teach her a lesson about being crazy. this superstition is new to me too

usually miscarriages are very traumatic for the woman having it, she would need the support.

24. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Okay, this is ridiculous. The LAST thing your sister needs is to be alone on Christmas. It's just going to remind her of the baby she isn't going to have.

Tell your sister to come to those events, let your dad know you're doing it, and if your mom gets mad, get right in her face and tell her exactly what her role in the family is: to love and care for her children and to not be a bitch during family events. She has no business dictating what relationships your family is allowed to have, and if she doesn't like it she can go stay with her mother on Christmas, provided there isn't a superstition against it.

- - -

I know that probably sounds like too much to do to your mother, but I had a mother who had similar fucked-up behavior regarding family members (not superstitions, just your garden-variety dysfunction), and it wasn't until I slapped her in the face and yelled at her and caught her hand in mid-air when she tried to hit me back that she finally got the message. Our relationship is much better now, because she knows what is acceptable and what isn't. Doesn't mean she doesn't still want to act a certain way, but she keeps it inside where it belongs.

Eventually you have to stop being her little boy and start being her big strong son with a smart head on his shoulders. She taught you right from wrong, now you have to show her that you know what she taught you.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  25. JakobwithaK

Ok an update. I had a bit of a talk with my sis the other night and asked if she was still planning on dropping off my niece at my moms to babysit (like she normally does at least 1-2 a week). My mom has some more time off next week with xmas and all.

My sis said "nope"...shes trying to teach my mom a lesson here. If my mom is gonna be so stubborn about not letting her daughter over for a month (even for xmas) and completely overlookin the fact that she just had a mis-carriage, then why should my sister let her babysit? right? I totally see where she is coming from on this.

So basically my mom wont be able to see her granddaugter for a month (which im sure will kill her as she normally sees her 2x a week), hey she only has herself to blame for it. She put it all on herself. Good for my sister for doing this! If my sister cant come over for a month, then why should my mom get to babysit her granddaughter, right?

Not only did my mom screw herself but also my dad, since neither of them will get to see or spend any precious time this holidays with their granddaughter. Not for xmas eve, not for xmas day, not for my dads birthday, not even for new years! Instead they will go a month without seeing her.

Ya im sure my dad is pretty impressed with my mother:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007