SRS Im so freaking bored these days..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SoySauciAl, Oct 1, 2006.

1. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

All i do is wake up, go to work, come home, watch tv or go on the net, then go to bed.. im usually too tired to go out fridays, then when saturday rolls around.. i usually do laundry and run errands all day then go out and drink way too much.. sunday, i wake up around 2pm and just chill at home. I only hang out with 2 friends and one is starting to hang out less due to a new girlfriend and school. And the other one.. i like him like a brother but he's really starting to get on my nerves. depressed fella.. always talking and making jokes that doesnt make sense.. his favorite line is "you know what they say.. bla bla bla bla" then i go :confused:. whenever we go out to a bar or something, he just sits there with a sad face.. i got ask whats wrong with your friend a few times, mainly bartenders. hanging around him makes me all depressed.

it wasnt always like this.. before it was wild parties, phone blowing up on weekends, meeting new people, etc. making new friends is hard right now. any ideas? im alone at work and the people i do associate with is a lot older. im planning to go back to community college next semester and see how that works out.. hopefully see some old or new faces. not really happy right now but eh.. it could be worst.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2006
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

This is what we call a vicious circle and most people who are usually referred to as 'the grey mass' come in this wake up work goto bed rinse repeat stadium. Its actually normal because people like order in their lives.

Choices change realities. So if you make a choice and act to do something different then your reality of boredom changes into something different. My advice , go cliffdiving its dangerous so you are warned but its definitly going to unbore you. Maby you've seen Orange County on discovery channel where these guys have to build bikes every day. Every now and then these people go blow their steam, they go skiing, snowboarding, watch a show, that's the thing if you are too tired to do any activities then you keep on stuck in your old habits. You know people are like water they want to do those things what is easiests. So you really need to make time for yourself, and fight against the lazyness to organise activities that make you jump out of the vicious circle that you are stuck in. So i would focus on outdoor activities.

3. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

im not really worried about the vicious cycle, im more worried about what i said on the bottom half. my work is very flexible and i could take any days i want off with 2 days notice and go and leave whatever time i want on most days.

4. Darketernal

Well what can i say this is a part of becoming an adult, putting your wild life aside and letting your life go into calmer waters. To bring some off it back in your life with volenteer work you are sure to meet new people, helping out in trade of meeting new people. So volenteer work for socializing and outdoor activities against boredom.

5. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

im 22.. party doesnt end till 25ish. what kind of volunteer work?

6. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

I kinda relate to what you're doing. I've tried to go out more but still its hard. I go to school in the mornings from monday through friday, then I work in the afternoon except for one day. That day I usually just do homework and relax at home. Come saturday afterwork a lot of times I'd just stay home or go to bed cause I was tired and wake back up at night and end up staying up all night on the computer. Then sunday I'd sleep in because I was tired from staying up all night. Wake up late sunday afternoon and just stay home. There were a lot of weeks where thats all I did.

I remember back when I first graduated back in 2001 things were good. But after 2002 things got more boring and more busy. I'm not so much completely busy but just seems that i'm too tired and not eager enough to do anything on that short amount of time that comes open. I think one reason I dont do as much is because so many of my friends and I have lost touch. People go there own ways. Some move away, some get jobs, steady girlfriends etc. I really only have a couple people who I hang out with on a weekly basis. It used to be where I had 4-5 people that I could usually always get up with. I guess thats growing up though. I kind of try and go out once a week though. I realized that I'm only going to be in my 20's once in my life and i should enjoy it as much as I can. Once I get old and have a career my career will have to come first in most cases. I

7. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

i think our state of minds have gotta find inner peace on its own while our life is becoming of it.. im also in school on the weekdays and workin 4 days a week and usually when i get home late late night after a long exhausting day all i want to do is lay there on my couch and watch tv.. not to mention i live alone which makes my world seems even more isolated. but then after a while i kinda got used to it and actually started enjoying it. the mindset then gradually shifted away from craving any social activities.. i could care less about attending parties/social events or even hanging out with the friends. it got tiring and old now i think about it. the most i would do is prolly just sit around at coffeeshop or pace up with my paintings if i got sick of staying home for too long. i don't know.. i could probably use some spice in my life but nowadays i really don't mind not having them at all.

8. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

i dont want that at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2006
  9. Darketernal

Look, if i where you id get a get up n go attitude, visit rave party's, buy a playstation or x-box, download anime, hang out with friends, while staying out of trouble of course you can have a great time doing all that, goto the city, visit movies. Only thing needed is to kick your own ass and do it.

10. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

but tha's prolly somethin u have to learn to live with (and enjoy it while u can) at the current moment right..

11. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

i think what im trying to say is i gotta find new friends and i dont know how.. all my friends are from high school or college.