SRS I'm so freakin confused...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spiritus, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I came to a realization tonight. I have a lot of time to burn, and so far I am not happy with the ways I'm spending it.

Here's the breakdown. My girlfriend who I love very much is gone on a long vacation and won't be back until sometime in Augest. I moved from a small town where my friends are right now, since they go back there during the summer. However they are here in the city during the year.

Any friends I've made here were in my last year of highschool. They were really just stoner buddies and I chose to cut them off after highschool because I'm better off without them.

So this leaves me pretty much lonley for a while. It doesn't help that I've applied for 30+ jobs and have been turned down. I haven't and won't settle for McDonald's and have been trying for call centers and shit but nothing has worked out.

I am thinking of turning to christ. I would like to meet a cool group of people who are around the late teens like myself. Why these people? Chances are they won't be bad people. I also would like to discuss my faith and dig deeper. - And most importantly I would to make some friends.

I just need to be around people and have conversations like anyone. I have a great family but you know, it's just not the same.

So guys I am asking a couple of specific questions here... first, how would I go about finding a group like this? I am sure they exist but can you really just phone up a church or do I have to go to church and talk to people?

While I'm a christian I'm not completely obsessed either, and I would love to meet other people. I don't want to get into sports and I work out alone (not gonna sign up for gym).

I'm really clueless where to look for new and interesting people. I am used to hanging around certain clicks and certain people, when they go I am left :wtf: and don't even know where to begin :hsd:

2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Go to church.

Inevitably they'll have some kind of Christian event around a campfire... and you're golden.

3. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

welp... i know the group. they're usually christian churches that are pretty intense, tho i've met some cool people. :dunno: my old hair stylist back home tried to recruit me and another girl (home state) went to the same church. it was interesting, and everyone was nice. it just wasn't my cup of tea. it'd be nice to meet people that weren't so....well, i hate to say it... straight and narrow. :hs: i refuse to become a different person around different groups. (sure conversations sway but my personality as a whole is the same regardless.)

anyways... start going to church! if you want to turn to christ, i don't see what the problem is. join the young adult bible study (above church had this) and you'd find people there between the ages of 18-25+. if you want me to suggest something, go to church on wednesday....almost everyone and their mom has bible study on wednesday's, as far as i know.

4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Toasty you are right. I am just afraid if they breakout the fucking guitar and start singing christian songs. I'd hate to be the odd man out in that one :hsugh:

Chica I am not easily warped :) I know I am gonna meet weirdos. That's expectable. Some people just dive too deep into things. I mean you can indulge in christ all you want and be golden but some people can be wierd about it.

I have nothing against strait edge people. I've hung around stoners and druggies my entire life, so this is like a change for me. My girlfriend being so strait edge is an eyeopener. You actually have to watch what you say or people get offended. This is strange and new to me :rofl:

Anyways what I'll do is attend one bible study meeting and see how it goes. If the people there are cool, then I will stay and see how it goes. If they are wack, then I will move from church to church until I find a possy that is cool with I.

I'm really just looking for a girl as a friend. I already have the whole girlfriend thing going, but I don't have the girl friend thing going. Since they are christians they probally won't want premarital sex, meaning I can't be tempted by any hotties.

It's sounding pretty good so far.

5. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

UUUH...no. People who were brought up in a repressed situation tend to be the wildest ones. Human curiousity overrides all.

6. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Hmmm I'm not sure about that one :) Some are probally getting the itchin to go out and have sex though.

7. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

heh heh, heya mate!! :bigthumb:

the christian songs are the bomb!!

I went to one of those gatherings and they were singing songs!! you aren't always the only man out!!

(most of the people there were the odd ones out!! :p )

anyways, they don't always do that!!

btw, have you looked into other groups / programs that are available to young smart arses such as yourself??

I am currently involved with a couple in Australia, but you are in the US aren't you?? maybe they have some around ...

I will do a search for you!! :bigthumb:

just give me the word!! :squint:

8. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Nightshade you are always there for me buddy :) I'm up here in Canada and so far the other youth programs aren't looking so good. It's either air cadets or youth centers in shitty places I'd rather not go to.

I am sure there are clubs that aren't listed, but since they aren't in the yellow pages then I can't find them.

Search or suggest anything, everything! I could use all the help I can get.

In other news, I phoned up the nearest church and some lady is supposed to phone me back. That's good stuff right there.

9. cali poptart

cali poptart fuck it, it's such a blur

hmmm i was thinking the same thing. im having a lot of the same problems (lack of friends and boredom) and thought joining a church thing might help. i mean i believe in God but im not really a fan of going to church. but i know that its a great place to meet people and it will give me something to do with my life so that im not always on ot or myspace wasting my life away. i just cant seem to go to any church and be like "umm hi, is this where i can meet some great people and help with my depression" idk that just seems so weird.

10. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

here are a couple:

http://www.yci.org/index.html?program_overview.html||/dev_progs/

http://www.yci.org/index.html?program_overview.html||/youth_progs/

http://www.ylcc.com/datesandprices.html

http://www.campscanada.com/index.php

these are just a couple pulled from 2 google searches:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=camps+canada

and

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=youth+leadership+canada&meta=

hope this helps, mate!!

I know for a fact that there is more than just church groups out there!!

(and other groups have more for you to do also!! :big grin: )