GUN I'm so depressed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, Oct 5, 2008.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I always wanted a HK mp5 I was recently looking at prices of these fine firearms and became depressed as I realized I am never going to own one. Do people really pay 18000 dollars for these things?

I could maybe, possibly, see myself spending 6000 on a piece of history that I am a huge fan of, but 18 grand are you fucking kidding me?

I hate the 86 ban even more now. It looks like if I ever want a FA firearm im going to be stuck with a mac 11 or cobray ...

2. James Hook

James Hook Never trust a government that doesn't trust its ow

Newsflash! :coolugh:

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

there is always a clone, get a CA89 pistol(you can slap HK internals into it) SBR it and add a stock. Its not really a piece of history though. Your other option is you can get a HK94/MP5 parts kit off of gunbroker or other sites and dig up a flat for a MP5 (there are some clones out there and I think there have been at least a few on the market at times that were made under HK contract) and then there are some gunsmiths that will throw it all together for you. it will still be a semi-auto though.

4. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

a piece of history? the fuck?

5. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

They're barely worth the MSRP, nevermind retail value of transferable pieces.

They're nice enough, but not even $6k nice, nevermind $18k nice.

Ride it out with an Uzi or a semi-HK clone until NFA is overturned or just keep cursing Reagan for fucking with the 2A.

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

+1

Mac's are cheap, they are fun little buzz guns. Supposedly there's suppose to be some reliable .22LR kits coming out soon for them. 3k to get into the full auto game is pretty cheap. Chances are if you ever decide to upgrade you won't lose much money selling your Mac.

7. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

i wasn't implying the mp5 is a historical firearm. I was implying that I would pay 6 grand for something that was a historical firearm.

8. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

lol, owned

9. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Price is all in perspective.

People like me are willing to pay the price for some of these guns. Others are willing to lose it in gambling, spending it on electronics, drugs, boats, vehicles, atvs, etc etc.

10. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

and the fact that MP5's are "tacticool awesome" probably has a lot to do with the stupid prices for them

i'd be interested on seeing the numbers out there compared to things like uzi's and mac's

11. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

"Coolness" factor definately commands a price. There's no reason for M16s to be in the prices they're at. There's plenty of them for sale any given day. But an M16 has a want factor to it, so people ask the 14k or whatever amount they want and generally get it.