SRS I'm so damn depressed all the time

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CT Cubs Fan, Apr 13, 2006.

1. CT Cubs Fan

CT Cubs Fan New Member

I am just so lonely all the time. Even when I'm with my friends. I can't get into anything, not even a game of Halo 2 with my roomie, I'll just stop playing in the middle of something. My first real gf and a few other failures since have left me feeling entirely emasculated (especially a rather embaressing event with the ex). I feel entirely useless as far as being a guy at this point, and pretty much as a person. I have shit grades and I'm stuck here for break as my family won't even pay for my ticket (which I can't afford) or drive the 3 hours to come get me. I feel so fucking useless I have no idea how this will ever change.

2. Airpoppoff

Airpoppoff Vodka > Racing F1

How long have you been like this? Or is this pretty much all the time?

3. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

Have you seen a doctor of any kind about your depression, or a therapist?

4. CT Cubs Fan

CT Cubs Fan New Member

Yea I have an apt tomorrow. Not too long but its frustratin.

5. Airpoppoff

Airpoppoff Vodka > Racing F1

Has anything happened recently? Work? Money? Women?

6. miniml

miniml New Member

i wouldnt say im depressed, nor would i say im happy

im indifferent about most things. i dont really care about anything right now.

7. CT Cubs Fan

CT Cubs Fan New Member

Everything. I'm about to miss class again although my teacher is thankfully a shrink herself and thus understanding of my situation. I have just had real bad luck with girls as of late and its totally killed my mood, I have nothing even close to a libido left at this point it seems. I am taking out around 40k in student loans for each year of my school. I am just simply so fucked.

8. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

Do you have a job? That might help pay some things and help take you mind off current situations. And girls come and go. And in my situation guys do. I feel like I messed up a few relationship myself. Nothing went right. Just look for a better tomorrow. Sometimes things go wrong, you just have to move on and let the past go. If not you'll continue being depressed. You have to cheer up, it will get better.

9. spiff56747

spiff56747 New Member

A lot of people take out similar amounts in student loans.. And everyone has problems with grades, girls, etc.. in school. It will all work itself out, just keep doing your thing. And seeing a professional will definetely help also.

10. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

I understand you dude. I understand. I felt like that for a while. What seems to fix things for me is time and setting myself small goals. For example, I set myself as a goal to find a very nice girl and that looks would not be important to me. I found a great girl that is a bit of a nerd but has a lot in common with me, is not a slut nor a bitch and seems to love me. At first, I set myself as a goal to get a date. I did get a date with this girl and rewarded myself after and felt good about accomplishing this goal. THen I set myself as a goal to get a second date. I managed to do that. I appreciated the progress I did and rewarded myself again, this time with new headphones. Next I went on another date with her and managed to get the courage to kiss her. I was again proud of that and rewarded myself with a Kataklysm CD. I've been dating this girl for 2 months now and have only gone to second base but I'm proud of the progress I've made and most of all I have a great girlfriend.

Dude, life is a role playing game. If you approach the game and expect to be a level 130 mage right away when you start and kick ass, you're gonna be sorely disappointed. instead, you should break up your goals into smaller "levels" and take them one at a time, much like a role playing game.

If you want a girl, just start by going to see girls and talking to them without even having any intentions of dating them. When you're comfortable with that, move on to asking them on a date and not expect anything beyond that. and continue like that until you've reached your desired level.:)

11. scaryice

scaryice New Member

This should be posted on every video game message board. :bigthumb:

Or to put it another way, you have to get to 8-4 without warping.