I'm ready to order some stuff, how does this list sound?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Seros, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Seros

Seros I have e-tourettes.

- ClearKote ClayBar
    - Meguiars Swirl Free Polish #82
    - Clearkote's Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze
    - Poorboy's EX-P Sealant
    - ClearKote Moose Wax
    - Eagle's 20/20 Glass cleaner
    - Lexol (already have)

And here's what it'll be applied to:

[​IMG]

Would you change anything on this list?

2. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

Hello my day trading friend.

Is there a reason to use a claybar? - i.e. does your paint feel rough like sandpaper? Overspray? Rail Dust? Your paint looks decent from what I can tell. Don't use a claybar unless you don't need to or else your wasting time and money.

I think the Poorboy's sealent is a overkill step. Your paint looks decent. Use the SFP to get rid of any towel, swirl marks - then the glaze for deep color - then the Moose wax or some S100 (What I would choose).

EDIT: Use some meguiars yellow pads to apply (Less scratching than terrycloth types) - an be found at wally world.

and use microfiber to buff off.

3. Seros

Seros I have e-tourettes.

Thanks Don -- do you know if S100 can be bought online, or is it in-Harley-store only? ;)

4. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Make sure you get the Carnauba Moose Wax and not the regular Moose Wax. Not that Moose Wax is a bad product, but it works best as a one step product. The Carnauba Moose Wax is on the order page only. Poorboy's EX-P looks amazing on black, you may not even feel the need to top it. Do get the clay bar though, even if you don't need it right at this time, you will down the road. Might as well only pay once for shipping.

Go with either Carnauba Moose or EX-P first and see how you like the look. Switch the next time and see if it is any better.

6. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

I notice you're starting to like this poorboy stuff scott- I'll have to check it out