MIL I'm picking up a noob

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by scottiemac, Apr 5, 2006.

1. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

So tomorrow night I have to go pick up an Airman Basic fresh out of basic and tech school. This is his first assignment. Anyone have any jokes I can play on him? The only thing I'm going to make him do is buy me dinner :) since I'm driving my own car; airport is about 50 minutes away on one lonely stretch of highway(RT 62).

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

surprise sex?

3. kidhero

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I am suprised, that I am suprised by the amount of homo-ness in this thread.

5. kidhero

[​IMG]

6. kidhero

:buk:

7. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

its part of being a sponsor for a noobie. you pick them up and help them get started on inprocessing and feeling that warm gooey warmth of welcome to their new assignment.

8. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

I tried getting a car from Vehicle Ops but they said no. Because it's considered competition for a local business here, VIP Transportation(taxi type place). It's bullshit. And no surprise sex. Sorry guys.

9. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

thats part of the warm welcome :naughty:

10. radhaz

radhaz New Member

I can't speak for any branch other than the USN but I do believe its against gov't regulation to use a POV in any official capacity. The biggest issue is if you get in a wreck your insurance can technically deny you coverage because you most likely are not paying for "commercial vehicle insurance".

Now as for jokes why not explain to him while you are going to the base that your base is on heightened alert of some sort for an exercise and you are not allowed to bring a lot of things on base that could comprimise security (cameras, phone's etc).

Segway the conversation from there into how much of a pain in the ass it is to have to park so far from base and walk in (since he's going to have to leave his unauthorized gear in your car).

Tell him you will drop him off as close to base as possible and point him in the direction to the gate and then drive back to the nearest public parking lot and come back for him.

Leave him on the roadside and go get a coke, call your friends, and get a good laugh out of the whole situation and debate going back for him.

Ponder whether or not he will report you and get you an NJP within the week.

11. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

You have to be put on orders to drive a POV in an official capacity.

12. evan2

evan2 Guest

thats bs.. tell them to give you a letter of non avaliability then so you can get money back for it

or just file a travel voucher...

or have the kid take a taxi

13. evan2

evan2 Guest

define offical capacity..........our dental clinic is 40 miles away at another small gsu here
    if i went and got a letter of non avaliability i could claim the miles
    if not i cant... not a hard process but for 40 bucks id rather not do paper work
    when i should....

14. Ozner

Ozner Offical TSL OP Leghumper

Just pick the kid up holy crap. But he could take a taxi and get all that money back. Make sure to tell him that when he goes to get reimbursed for all his money that he tells them about taxi drives and shit to get to the airport. Some stupid ass kids over here lost a shit load of money cause they were freakin stupid. I made out w/ 200 bucks more in pocket than i spent and i didn't even lie.

15. insomnia

insomnia New Member

what the gay

16. evan2

evan2 Guest

Thats how it should be......both my pcs's have been shitty
    well not shitty becuase honestly i can handle my shit
    my first sponsor was on leave when i came in and i kinda lost the dudes number he gave me but he also wasnt very helpful plus i had no govt email at the time

so it was all on the phone and shit

i got to eglin with no one at the airport luckily you land on eglins runways and taxi to the airport so its a 10 dollar taxi ride

got to the hotel since i couldnt get into any dorm they had for me.. next morning i called the office like hey im here

they were like wtf

plus my baggage was lost

then to england i had a good guy but I got here after he was already gone... took a taxi
    base motel was closed luckily enough the cops here holds keys so i got into our room

i always take care of the kids i sponsor, about to sponsor some 21 year old chick that is coming here....

17. insomnia

insomnia New Member

:rofl: that sucks

This is my first base... I got off the plane and noone was here, never had a sponsor, didn't know what the hell was going on. Looked for people with military haircuts and finally found a guy who said there was a shuttle... few hours later we found it. I had no idea what was going on.

I PCS next month and haven't gotten a sponsor yet for my next base, but it's not that hard to figure everything out. I was there for a few weeks of hot training anyways :o

18. evan2

evan2 Guest

you should still get a sponsor, though i will say that sometimes the rip doesnt come down
    one day i got a call from the shirt asking me to come show a troop to the dorms
    now in CE for hte most part besides the IMers i have a more office job then a lot
    and I was in the drafting office so there was a 50/50 i was tehre

plus i was a trouble maker so the shirt loved me hahah.. in the wrong ways

im thinking its just some random person.. on the way out i ask her where do you work she said shes an EA.. i said wtf

then the next girl we didnt know about either the fucked up part was our new boss was a cross trainee TSgt already stationed here
    he knew the girl was coming here but didnt say nothing about it

luckily im a awesome airman and i hooked everyone up and took care of them all

since no one took care of me.. luckily after i got my dorm room i had a coool roomate and we were homies
    and my luggage came..

i had like 3 people in my dorm i knew already too, 2 trans and another ea from tech school

where are you going to next? and where do you work maybe i know someone

19. insomnia

insomnia New Member

Going to Luke, 56 AMXS... all I know so far. Crew chief, so I'll be back on the line somewhere I'm sure.

20. evan2

evan2 Guest

it is about 40-50 i heard.. its 41 miles one way
    i mean sure its not a bad deal but more work for comm to give me the letter and i have to get it signed then do paper work ugh

21. evan2

evan2 Guest

hmm dont know anyone up at luke.... id call them and see whats up
    i mean help is help regardless

22. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

If the AF said "You will get $40 for filling out this paperwork", I would fill it out.

23. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

If its an official checkup, you can get POV orders. If you're going b/c you're tooth hurts, I think you're on your own.

Don't quote me on this though.

24. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

over here our sq. only has one GOV, so we have to use our own cars to go out to job locations. we also have this sign you can stick in the windshield stating that your using this POV for official GOVT business.

25. evan2

evan2 Guest

yea I take my pov a lot though we have one GOV... like today i had to go install a network printer to a building and took my own car
    granted its on my own accord because id rather drive the s2k... ive done this many a time
    the af prob owes me a few gallons of gas

its no big deal.. 40 bucks is 40 bucks im lazy enough to not care
    its an offical dental appt, wife is coming too