I'm on P90X for 3 weeks, can I workout my arms/shoulders every other day?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SocialBrokerz, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SocialBrokerz

SocialBrokerz New Member

I've been doing the P90x for 3 weeks now and I feel great. I was wondering if I can still work out my chest/arms/shoulders every other day on top of doing the P90X? Or will it mess up the so-called "muscle confusion"

My chest area is kind of lacking, and I want to lift more to gain some muscle. Is this possible, or should I just stick with the P90X program by itself.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  2. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

I would follow the P90x program as it is layed out simply for the fact that it would be the least confusing thing for you to do. Also you need time for your body to recover between workouts.

3. .::Rotten Apple::.

.::Rotten Apple::. OT Supporter

Just push yourself harder during the P90X workouts. If you start lifting and doing P90X at the same time you'll either mess up the program or, more likely, injure yourself.

Muscles only grow at rest so if you keep tearing the shit out of them you won't see much in terms of growth

4. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

the whole point of these programs is to follow them exactly, if you are doing what you feel like you may aswell just write your own routine

5. .::Rotten Apple::.

.::Rotten Apple::. OT Supporter

Yes it is. It's just also a fat burning program as well. If you do the program correctly it would be damn near impossilble to not see some muscle growth. Granted it's only three months so the muscle growth you'll see isn't all that huge. Still, if you were to keep repeating the program, then you're on track for larger muscle growth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.