SRS im not sure what to do....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tfr, Dec 17, 2003.

1. tfr

tfr New Member

ok, here's the deal....i have a friend who recently started experimenting with coke...and it's starting to worry me....cause i know how he is....he's got an addictive personality...he's a habitual bud smoker....he pops bars whenever he can get his hands on em....but those things never worried me much cause his pot smoking doesnt really do much....and he doesnt have too much access to bars....but coke is around him (and me) all the time...and i guess curiosity got the best of him....he swears it's not a problem....but i know of 3 separate occations of him doin it (and that's all within a week)...and i havent been around that much (so im pretty sure it's happened more than that).....my problem is that i dont know how to approach him about it...without having him feel like im overstepping my bound....but dont get me wrong...we're good friends....and have been for many many years....but when it comes to drug related shit...i really dont have too much pull with him because i dont do anything really but drink......oh yea also, we always chill at our other friends house....and that friend (who owns the place) has shady friends who pull my friend (the one im worried about) aside to talk about shit....and they dont know him that well to be asking him about anything except if he wants to do/buy coke....i really dont know what to do about this shit.....

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

That's sorta what happens when people start doing coke. He'll probably continue to be shady around you. What are bars?

Lead by example... quit drinking or something and see what he does. You can approach him and say "dude i don't think doing coke is cool at all, i want you to stop".

You and I both know his reaction. Thus... accept that you're helpless over his choices.

3. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

Don't worry about overstepping your bounds, if you two are friends, you're doing what you know and feel is right, even if it does seem akward.

regardless of how much "pull" you have because of your differing use, you can still do what your job as a friend requires you to do, tell him what you feel and that you're unsure what to do as far as how to help and how to get him away from it. Y'all will work it out on the long run, and if it takes you not hanging around while he's using or not drinking around him or whatever, so be it. Be the friend you know you can be and at the minimum address the concerns with him and see how it goes... even if he's just experimenting, experimenting leads to other things, and you should let him know that you're afraid of it going even further than it has.

4. tfr

tfr New Member

yea man...the hardest thing is that he hangs out at our other friend's house every day...i used to also...but our friend just recently started slangin cause his girl lost her job...and because of that...people are bumpin at his place all the time....i've been around that kinda shit before, so it doesnt phase me....but i dont know that even if i get him to agree to stop doin it, he'll stay away from it...cause all it takes is for him to be a little too drunk and bam...he'll get some his way

oh yea and "bars" are xanax