"I'm not looking for a boyfriend"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mugwump, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

"I'm not looking for a boyfriend."

"I don't have time for a boyfriend."

"Guys just get in the way."

Yes, the writing is on the wall and it's obvious that they don't want to date (me).

But I have to ask, what prompts this for you ladies? What has been some of your experiences in the past with men that made you believe in the present that dating would only hinder your other goals and aspirations? What have we done? Are we too needy/clingy/possessive? Is dinner, a movie and a kiss (and a full body massage if you play your cards right) really gonna hold you back from becoming a professional nutritionist?

Please and thank you.

2. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

No matter how busy I get, there's always time for girls :o

I would also like to know why this doesn't work in the opposite direction :squint:

EDIT: Maybe they don't count seeing someone only a couple of times a week enough to be more serious?

3. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

"A couple times a week?! STOP SMOTHERING ME! :run: "

4. She wants nothing to do with you, take a hint buddy.

5. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Ah...I wouldn't necessarily say that always means she doesn't want anything to do with you but it can be a gentle way to say "I'm not interested in you that way." Without wanting to hurt your feelings if she does like you. If she doesn't know you well it means "leave me alone"

and I agree...

If you like someone, there is always time.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Probably because you act like a shallow asshole with little respect towards women.

7. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

True that. Or maybe she just wants to bang everything in sight and its giving him a fair warning.

8. I do have little respect towards women, in this day and age the majority of them are only out there for themselves and have no morals or decency, fuck em, fuck em all.

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

And men are any different from that?

10. Actually the majority of men that I know are loyal, honest and look for the same in a woman. I don't hang out with the wannabe players, ballers that lots of guys think or pretend to be, so to answer your question, no I don't think that most men are anywere close to as bad as women.

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

And the majority of women that I know are the same. Good honest decent women.
    Can you really judge the majority based on who you know though?

12. Actually I can, i live on the west coast and not the midwest. I lived in Omaha for 14 years and the women there were all very nice with morals, its a whole nother ballgame out here brotha.

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:rolleyes: I'm not your 'brotha' (nor am I a brotha).
    So you can judge every single female because you live on the west coast?

14. easy there billy badass, were i live its a whole nother story.

15. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Wow... lots of hasty generalizations going on in here. The fact is a vast majority of men AND women are not high quality people; but there are those few and far between out there.

16. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

besides you silly.

I think you missed the point. He made a gross generalization of women. I was only trying to put it into a different perspective.
    I do not think that all men are that way ;)

17. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

Wow, that's odd. I got the same exact thing earlier this week-- "I don't have any time to date you, just too busy ... but I still want to be your friend!"

I just wrote her an e-mail telling her if she really wasn't into me in the first place, she should have just told me, rather than giving me the LAMEST excuse in the book.

18. lauren

lauren Active Member

committed relationships take much more work than simply going on dates with someone...and there is typically more drama. i dont care to have that. in an open dating relationship, i dont have to answer to anyone. if the guy has a prob with what im doing (or not doing) then he doesnt have to go out with me again.

right now, dont want the obligation of putting someone before myself.

19. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

It may mean she doesn't want to date YOU but not necessarily. Not all chicks are the type that have to have bfs all the time. Some of us prefer actually being able to have time alone without a guy up our ass all the time. Yes, most guys I have dated have been too clingy/needy. They always want to talk every single day and spend all their free time with me and it gets annoying. It's hard to try to take care of your own goals when you have a guy around all the time wanting attention. A date can hold you back from becoming something you want to be if it leads to more dates and then a relationship. Once you start going on dates then you end up falling for someone and end up back in a relationship even though a part of you doesn't want to be. It's easier to just not bother going on dates at all if you really have no interest in being in a relationship. The good thing about being single is that you don't have someone around to make you feel guilty if you don't talk to them or see them for a few days in a row. You can make plans with anyone at anytime without worrying about hurting someone's feelings or being given the guilt trip for not seeing them. If you find your dream job across the country you can move there in a heartbeat because you don't have a guy either wanting to come with you or wanting to stop you from going. I'm not trying to say that relationships are always a bad thing but sometimes it's great to just be free for awhile and not be held back from anything.

20. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Funny this thread showed up, I got this same anwser about a week ago.

But it's different cause the girl had already told me straight that she liked me and had thought about it happening. She said she wasn't ready to have a bf for about another month.. but she still calls ever night which is messed up but oh well ya know.

I dunno I think sometimes it means try a little less or let me get to know you more.

Keep in mind too, does she still talk to you or can you still call her without any akwardness? If you can't then it's definatly the "Im not interested".

21. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Next time, if you want to keep your dignity, try to stay away from telling someone off through email. Speaking is stronger than text.

...And I don't think she's going to talk to you much anymore.

22. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I have no problem with open relationships, but I don't exactly bring that up with ladies because it would sound like I'm looking for a fuck buddy (which I am, of course, but at least I'm making direct eye contact with their face now, which is my New Years Resolution).

I can't even get these ladies on a first date though. I think it's my age bracket: I'm 27 and aiming for 23-25 year olds. A lot of them are fresh out of college and have either been in a longterm, committed relationship and want to be free and whore it out or have been casually dating for so long that their biological clock is ticking, they want to get married and are saving themselves for a millionaire.

23. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

That's hot!

But I have to ask -- and sorry for being blunt -- what about sex? Don't you miss it? What do you do when you need a booty call with a guy? Or is it B.O.B. that is servicing that area?

24. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

This is a reoccurring thing that I'm experiencing with a lot of women.

Maybe it's my looks. Or do I have bad breath? Be honest, do my clothes suck?

25. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

It means she doesn't want to commit to one guy and wants to play the feild