I'm not getting this thread about people cheating on each other

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BATMANs, Nov 20, 2006.

1. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

Perhaps the problem is in ur mate selection.

Seems that people are picky up their mate based on tangible attraction and not diving a little deeper into the prospects head.

Of course the other explaination is each person's interpretation of their relationship. Are they FWB or seriously going out as BF and GF.

2. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Cheating happens when you are hanging on to someone who doesn't want you anymore, and for whatever reason (money, convenience, pity) she can't bring herself to dump you. You're still together, but she's moved on.

It also requires a dishonest character, but you'd have picked up on that too if you were paying attention.

The lesson is that cheating may be inevitable in some cases, but not if you dump them first.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

People are essentially weak-willed; self control takes too much effort and is no longer valued by society as a whole. It is regarded as almost laughable by many -- which is sad.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

By self-control I assume you mean the ability to give up an immediate happiness for a greater long term happiness

5. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

That's how I read it. Not giving in to temptation so that your long term happiness stays intact.

Most of my mates are good in that they don't cheat, though there is one who will never be able to be faithful to anyone, he just can't help himself and doesn't really care. The chicks I am friends with are actually worse than the guys in the cheating aspect :dunno:

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

:werd: Exactly.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

The thing is that a lot of the time cheating isn't even done in some kind of lustful way which is to some people considered forgiveable the first time it happens. More often than not I hear about some guy who cheated on his confident, caring, 8/10 girlfriend with some low self esteem 5/10 chick who he wasn't particularly into at all. Sometimes it's not about self-control, it's about something else, something weird, some kind of self-destructive streak that doesn't make much sense to people who lack that streak.

8. foad

foad New Member

Ask current GF for 3 some.

In = Profit

Out = Ohh well, you're a cheatin' sumofabitch

9. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Certainly doesn't make sense to me. I can't think of one logical reason to do that, beyond very short term happiness. Self-destructive is right though.

10. BlazinBlazer Guy

Agreed; and by the same token, I'd assert that giving in to such a "self-destructive streak" is still intrinsically linked to a lack of self-control -- if you don't have enough control over yourself to avoid being self-destructive, you lack self-control.

I would also say that while perhaps the motives aren't logical behind cheating with someone you're not really into, you'd be lying if you said it still wasn't in part for the purpose of just getting your rocks off.