i'm no electronics whiz..i have to hook up the comp to the vcr to the tv...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by .·°· 5318008 ·°·., Nov 7, 2002.

1. i wanna play a divx movie on my comp and disconnect the monitor so that the movie shows on my tv screen.. my uncle did it before but he's not here anymore and i want someone to help confirm what i have to do. my tv is a basic one so i need cords to go out from the back of my computer into the vcr and then out to the tv (via cable?). problem is at the very start - the back of my comp is squeezed near the wall and i can only see a bit of what holes are back there (if i use a flashlight and mirror to reflect the holes so i can read them - i'm such a ghetto dork)...so first off, can anyone please shoot a pic of the back of their tower so that i can see what's back there and help teach me how to hook all this shit up?

so far what i know is this:

-- for audio: need a cord with one head (thin head, likea headphone cord on one end) that splits into left and right rca heads that come OUT from audio in comp and IN vcr audio left & right

-- for video: need regular one headed rca cord that goes OUT from computer video and IN to vcr video

-- for cable: a cable goes OUT from vcr and IN to back of tv, and (this is optional) another cable to go out from tv and into vcr (to view tv while using vcr)

-- once all this shit is done...what do i do? i think i'm supposed to unplug the monitor and put vcr on L1, then reboot my computer and then everything will show on my tv screen..

IS ALL THIS CORRECT? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? I CAN'T SEE THE BACK OF MY COMPUTER AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING GOES AND IF I HAVE THE RIGHT CORDS. PLEASE. PLEASE OH PLEASE. TEACH ME. :)

2. i donno what the freakin' outlets are in the back of my computer..grrrr.......why don't they label this shit so i know what goes where....some are labeled but i don't know what they mean......is somebody helping me?????? :wtc:

3. d0rkus

d0rkus I has a booger. OT Supporter

-the audio cord you are referring to is a Y adapter cord...i think...but yea thats for the audio...so if u get this, plug it into your sound card, and the two rca color jack into the red and white cable jack thingy into your vcr or tv

-the video, your video card must be able/capable of the s-video or tv out option/output on your card...which you should be able to check if u look back their...

check this in the back of ur vid card
    [​IMG] it should have something like that, or one that looks like a rca jack...just plug and play pretty much