I'm moving to Lebanon for the summer and i'm weepy/girly about leaving BF for so long

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by demosnat, Jun 16, 2008.

1. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Its not long enough to cross over into "LDR" territory, but i'm still sad about it. Have any of you people ever been away from your SO that long (non breakup scenario) how did it go?

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

my only fear is that your boyfriend decides to change his name to the same one as your dads while you are away and you are forced to dump him.

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

That would fucking suck.

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I wonder what it would be like, being Pakistani with a French name, that might actually be interesting.

5. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

NOOOOOO..... now we can't has coffee :wtc:

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Aren't you coming in August? I'll be home then :)

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Don't call it "moving." You're ony going for the summer. Think about it as if it's a long vacation :dunno:

I was sad when I went to Europe for just 2 weeks without my bf, but we got through it with no problems whatsoever.

8. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

never been away from him that long, but he travels often, and we were LD in the beginning of the relationship

best way to deal is to keep yourself busy, and set up a plan for communication with him. everyone needs and wants different types and amounts so figure out what works for you guys

when my SO travels, we decided we would text each other in the evening when we each leave work to say hi and then would speak before bed each night. time differences throw wrenches in the mix, but we work around them on a case by case basis. its important to me to hear his voice and hear how his day is so i would rather miss sleep than miss the chance to talk to him.

just figure out what is workable for you guys. its going to be hard to be away, but hopefully this will make it a little easier for both of you

9. NCS

NCS Active Member

how long is it and how long have you been together?

i've been with my gf for only one month now and had a 3 week trip planned from before. i just told her she should come for whatever time seems reasonable, and she agreed.

10. demosnat

demosnat New Member

We've been together about a year, i'll be gone two months. I can talk to him on webcam whenever i want, calling will cost an arm and a leg.

11. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

2 whole weeks? Wow that's, like, almost the same thing as the entire summer. How did you make it last?

:eek4:

12. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

If you have a webcam, why don't you look into Skype?

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

my bf and i were long distance for 10 months or so. :hsughno:

14. iwishyouwerebeer

:rolleyes: I didn't make a big deal out of it, just said it was 2 weeks that we got through easily. 2 months isn't bad either when you have a webcam and you know you're going home :dunno:

15. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

No seriously, 2 weeks...give yourself credit. That's impressive!

16. iwishyouwerebeer

demos, why're you going anyway?

17. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Intensive Arabic program at Lebanese American University.

18. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

wow...don't die

19. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

Make sure that you and your boyfriend both setup webcams, skype, and there's a site that allows you to make international calls for free too:
    http://www.jaxtr.com

I've only been able to see my boyfriend for weeks at a time every 2-3 months. Being able to at least see and hear him daily makes it a little bit easier. The first few days after I've left or he leaves is always the hardest for me... I'm sure that you two will manage :hs:

20. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

I went to France for 10 days during winter break 1.5 years back when dating my ex. She cried for the entire first day, then a few days later went out to dinner with a guy that she knew I hated, then a day after that went out with a guy that she considered sleeping with that night because she felt sorry for him since he was supposedly so miserable from being single :rofl:

But she was a whore (obviously). That being said, for people with normal relationships (such as, I assume, yours) this will probably be like any other thing where it seems like it will be forever. You'll arrive, be sad, think it's going to be forever, then the time will zip by leaving you wondering where it went, and when you get back in each others arms you'll say to each other, "that wasn't so bad" and then have ridiculously awesome sex because you haven't seen each other in so long.

21. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I remember a time when you were having trouble feeling anything with your SO......progress?

22. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Huge amounts. I still gets, um, blanks? every now and then but I push through.

23. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Its on my list of don'ts :hs:

24. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

Weird... I was just about to make a thread on the same topic.

My boyfriend is trying to find a job here (town where we go to college together), but he's having a really hard time with the economy the way it is. Back home (3 hrs away) he has a gaurenteed job paying double what he would make here and his parents have given him another 1.5 weeks to find a job or he has to go home for the next 2 months.

I'm having a really hard time dealing with him being away for so long. Even though it's not out of country, I still won't be able to come visit him at all (school during the week, work on the weekends, gas prices, etc.) and his car is giving him a lot of trouble lately :(

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Bus over on friday after school, bus back sunday night