I'm looking to buy an Xbox 360 and a TV v.iknownothing

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BigBlind, Nov 24, 2008.

1. BigBlind

BigBlind There is only one way to become champion; never fu OT Supporter

I'd like to spend ~$800 on the lot. My friends were telling me that I need a 360 with a hard drive.

The 20GB 360 is $260 from what I see, so that leaves me with $540 for the TV, and I don't really care to have the best of the best, it'll be in a dorm room so it may get a little damage and I think I'd prefer size over great amazing quality. I'm not set on anything though, so if I need a different Xbox or there is a TV I should stay away from I'll take all input.

Thanks for any help I can get.

edit: I've done a bit of preliminary searching for TVs and it seems that in my price range I can either get a 26" premium brand or a 32" slightly less prestigious brand (or a 37" dynex).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. BigBlind

In the circuit city prices thread :)bowdown:)
    I found the following:
    XBOX 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle // WEB ID 882224770118 >>>> $199.99 20GB+CTRLR
    Samsung 32” 720p LCD HDTV
    WEB ID = LN32A300
    $499.99

I think it said the 20GB HD is refurbished, but that shouldn't be a big deal right?

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Don't be afraid to get a budget brand TV for your first HDTV. Yeah, it may have fewer features than a brand name one, but for them most part, you won't use them anyways.

Get the biggest TV you can afford that will fit in the space you have.

As for the 360, I'd recommend getting either the VGA cable or HDMI cable to connect it to your TV.

4. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I would disagree. Get something appropriate for the size of space the tv will be viewed from. If it's in a dorm there's no reason to get something huge. I think you're on the right track in the 32/37" range.

5. BigBlind

All right, I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Thanks guys.

6. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (bowrofl: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

panasonic th-42px80u

7. mws0019

mws0019 New Member

Definately do not do this...

I have bought a couple of HDTV's Samsung and Mitsubishi,

I had to have my Mitsu repaired twice and the guy said I was lucky to go with Mitsubishi because he makes most of his money off people who buy cheap tv's and then when they break a year later they arent covered like the name brands do. Yes the mitsu broke itself....but they gave me a free replacement loaner while it was being repaired both times.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008