I'm looking for a very car-savvy MP3 player...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lord Ridley, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Lord Ridley

Lord Ridley Guest

I know NOTHING about MP3 players, so I'm putting complete trust in this forum's knowledge. Basically -- the best MP3 available for cars (hookable to a tape deck as well as other) around $150, but I'll go up to $200 though I'd prefer not to. Upgradable would be nice. Any suggestions?

I know, it's pretty vague but eh... I'm a putz.

2. jeck

jeck New Member

lyra with an expansion slot is good. get the one with the fm tuner and youll never go without music. its 129 retail. it uses sd cards and theres no limit as to how big the sd card can be. theres no need for drivers transfers are by usb. it comes with some earmuffs and an armband. it even comes with a battery! so yea thats a good one. its as good as that 200 dollar rio and the sound quality is great. other than that id say the iRiver is good too. but yea.. go ahead check the reviews on the lyra. its 128mb. theres a nice 1.5 gig one too.. its like 200 bucks tho i think. it has an iPod style menu interface. that one is nice too. ok im tired of typing.

3. Toogy

Toogy New Member

Get a JVC KD-SX980 or 990

Pretty cheap and I have had absolutely no problems with mine since I installed it last December.

4. Lord Ridley

Lord Ridley Guest

Hey Toogy, which do you have, the 980 or 990? I've been reading a lot of good things about the 980, but can't pull up much info on the 990, and it's less expensive. Which is better?

5. Toogy

Toogy New Member

I have the 980, but I think it is discontinued, all I see around is the 990 now. I think it is basically the same though, looks exactly the same. :dunno:

6. cam34

cam34 New Member

Get a CD player with MP3 playability and you will be set. Cd's with 200 Songs on them. Cooltastic!

7. w3fl3x

w3fl3x ...yummy...

I had the pioneer mp3/wma deck in my crx until i sold it (deh4600 if i remember correctly).
    Just burn the cd with mp3 and you're set. My mp3 cds had atleast 150 songs. Plus that deck was xm ready also.