A&P I'm looking for a digital camera.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Accido, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Accido

Accido New Member

Price range is about $360. I need some input on the different model types, for reasons such as this: A Toshiba 5300 has 5.0 megapixels and comes with a rechargeable ion battery plus ac adaptor for $319. I could get this with a 128 meg card and that seems fine, but why does a Fuj Finepix s5000 cost $356 with only 3.2 megapixles?

2. Accido

Accido New Member

What's wrong with Toshiba?

3. mojito

mojito New Member

Nothing. Try out the Panasonic Lumix and the Olympus Stylus. Go to a store and try them out, don't base it on MP or anything like that. If you can't easily use the camera or like how it feels, that your shit out of luck

4. mojito

mojito New Member

one of my favorite cameras is the panasonic lumix fz1 at just 2 MP, and costs $450. Have an image stablilized Leica lens, 12x optical and 3x digital zoom, 4 frames per second, and still prints perfect 8"x10" prints. But everyone is scared by the only 2 MP, and end up paying more for an inferior camera.

5. Accido

Accido New Member

Thanks guys. the panasonic models and features look nice. But it's so hard finding one with an AC adapter included. I've had bad experiences with ac adapters and digital cameras, more specifically my old fuji finepix 2800Z. It didn't come with an adapter and it was chewing through batteries so I bought a universal one and it wouldn't work. I've tried three different universal adapters now and nothing! I don't even like the camera anyway so that's why I'm buying a new one.

6. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

7. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

Have you friend Panasonic's store and a a model designed for the camera you were using?

8. mojito

mojito New Member

a lot of cameras come with litium ion rechargeable batteries now, last a lot longer that AA, just don't constantly use your lcd to review pics. And use a memory card reader to download

9. Kelvin96GSR

Kelvin96GSR OEM>YOU

I agree panasonic cameras are coming on the up and up!