I'm looking for 2 12's for a decent price.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by stevensmith2000, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Hello
    I'm looking for 2 12's for SPL competition for a reasonable price, I had two Audiobahn aw1206q subs, but due to a couple bolts coming loose holdin wires in place inside the box so i couldn't see, they blew. Now I am looking for spending no more then $200 for right now. I'll upgrade later, but I am just wanting something that really bumps. I live in a small town in Southeast Kansas, and I had two 12" volfenhag's at one time and those two were louder than any system in this town. So I don't really know what to buy cuz everyone around here sticks to namebrand cheapos. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
    Steve

2. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

if you're looking to get a good bang for your buck, try looking at the Adire Shivas or some IDQ's

3. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

look for some used shockers for spl, they go for cheap used.

4. Mitts WaQ

Mitts WaQ New Member

I have an adire shiva, and it is great. It gets loud, but not mind blowing. Instead of getting 2 12s what about 1 15? if you get an Adire Tempest in the right box you can get to 150db. They are only $150 a piece too I believe. I wish I had gone this route because teh SQ is suppose to be jstu as good as the shiva.

5. 04

04 Guest

The guy that got a 150dB with his Tempest did that in outlaw, which is basically sticking the microphone in the port...

The average user is NOT going to get 150dB with one 15" Tempest....

6. Mitts WaQ

Mitts WaQ New Member

with an enormous ported box many people have done it. im not sure on exact sizes but 3+cuft. either way it will be loud as hell.

7. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

no lots of people have not done it.. and it still sounds like complete utter shit

8. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

check out audio advisers at 3225 s. oliver in wichita, they might be able to help. if not PM me, and i'll see what i can get done.

9. 04

04 Guest

Ok, but doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose??? I dont think he wants a one note wonder if he wants to bump around town...

10. Mitts WaQ

Mitts WaQ New Member

He can tune it however he wants for what he listens to. All im saying is that the tempest will get incredibly loud while still keeping a ton of sound quality. on eca ive seen many people who said theyve hit 150 or very near. many people use them over there

11. caraudioguy

caraudioguy Guest

i just want to say that i keep reading about people putting subs in these monsteruos boxes and thats stupid for spl or not the sub will loose control and blow everytime it has to have the required pressure or it will just flop around.

12. Mitts WaQ

Mitts WaQ New Member

these big boxes are well within the factory box specs. adire is a home audio company so their subs, which are designed for home use, require much larger boxes.

13. 04

04 Guest

A larger box means more efficiency...

At tuning, cone movement should be very small...

You do the math, if a competitor plays a single sine wave at the box tuning, the mechanical power handling will be VERY high at the tuning frequency. At other frequencies, however, it will suffer.

14. caraudioguy

caraudioguy Guest

id like somone to show me an spl vehicle with huge boxes also the subs i was talking about were car

15. 04

04 Guest

Notice that the green line is higher than the yellow one at 40hz, and lets assume an SPL competitor wants to win. If you were the competitor, which box would you choose?

[​IMG]

If you still dont believe me (maybe i forged those graphs or something), visit termpro and ask anyone there how they do with their small ported boxes in the lanes....

16. idontgiveashit

does this caraudioguy work at bestbuy or something? So far hes made an ass of himself in 2 out of 2 threads ive read with him in it.

17. caraudioguy

caraudioguy Guest

theres no possible way anyone from iowa can know anything about stereos

18. caraudioguy

caraudioguy Guest

i tell you what i can take a 15 in a ported box and tune it to the resonant frequncy(fs) and it will be know where near 8cuft

19. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

:rofl: you are so clueless, nice attemp at trolling btw.

20. Danno

Danno Bronx Poodle OT Supporter

Are you set on getting 2 12's? If not you'll have a broader range of choices. I know Stereo Integrity WAS having a sale on their Magnum D2's, not sure if they are still on sale or not, but a 12" would be 200 bucks and they sound damn good.

21. 04

04 Guest

:ugh: Wow, I thought to pass the MECP test, you had to actually know more than this...

You are a troll...

22. idontgiveashit

someone should practice not talking. How old are you, like 12?