I'm looking at getting a new phone...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Noparking, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Noparking

Noparking Platinum Member OT Supporter

2. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

SONY ERICSSON FTMFW. Seriously though they are the greatest phones in the world. Its obvious that you have a pretty high spending limit, its a shame that most of the high end phones don't support the 850 band (a must for Cingular and most NA GSM networks).

I would fully reccomend the phone. I havn't bought one yet, simply because I just don't have the money. However, I did buy a w810i a few weeks ago, which was a fantastic phone. I LOVE IT. However, I got it wet so its been out of commission, but it'll be back in a bit. Sony Ericsson phones are IMO better made and think of everything. Plus they're easy to use and work with Macs, Windows, Linux etc.

Very much worth it, and if you don't want to spend the extra money on the k790a, the w810i is pretty damn nice. Its got a slightly smaller screen, but honestly unless you're going to be taking a lot of night or indoor pictures then you won't really notice that big of a difference between the two cameras.

3. Noparking

what about going online with this phone? will i be able to view most sites?

4. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Yeah, I personally don't really like the built in browser but its alright. The screen will certainly be big enough. What I'd recomend is getting Opera Mini, which is a Mini version of the very popular comptuer browser, Opera. Its a free download, and you can get it right from your phone. What they do is condense everything so your phone can handle it, but without taking out all the pictures etc. Its a full browser, and any phone that supports Java Applications can use it (including all SE's)

5. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

stay away from Sony Ericsson flip phones...otherwise they're alright. I have a W810 right now and love this one but I'm getting a PDA phone. As for the browser, go download opera mini and you'll be set. The K790 already has an email client built in. I played with a K790 for awhile and my suggestion is if you own a W810 already, its not worth the jump but if you're getting a new phone, grab it, the UI is sweet. Not as fast as the W810 but definitely good. :)

6. Noparking

thank you both for your input