SRS I'm Leaving OT, And Won't Be Returning

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by METALLlC BLUE, Jul 10, 2005.

1. I'm going to be leaving OT soon. I've been considering it for awhile. OT really can't be apart of the new life I'm moving towards because it's been so much apart of the old life that I'm leaving behind.

Most members of Asylum are aware of where I've been. You know a lot more about me than most people. I have goals and things I'd like to experience. I can't do them if I don't take small steps and sacrifice the security blankets I've clung to during the fallout. OT has been my substitute for living when living wasn't an option for me. I've been here at OT from the very beginning. From the moment OT existed, I was here. I was apart of the automotive community long before back in 1996,-- 1999 when I heard about the split. It's been a long time for me, and this is not a simple decision!

I now have an opportunity to really live, so I must get going. There is a lot of things and people waiting for me.

It has been a hard decision for me to make.

Thank you so much for inviting me into your lives, and for keeping me company through some pretty tough times. Thanks for listening to me, and for giving me insight, wisdom, laughs, and helping me understand that living really *is* simple, but it's not always easy.

I'll be gone by the time any of you read this, but I'll check my PM box if questions arise. While all of you have been wonderful, and gracious -- there are specific people who have helped me in making my current decision. Neither of you know how you've helped, but here goes: Peyomp, thank you for being you. I never appreciated you until I finally understood you. It is unfortunate we had differences at one point or another, but as you see it - I see it, it's water under the bridge, and now is all that counts, so thank, and Johan, thank you for being candid and honest with me when I'd ask questions, or talked about my life. Often I didn't like hearing what you had to say, but damnit you were right then, and you're still right now. These truths are self-evident, and I'm glad I could pass on some of what I learned from you both to others. Those of you who I haven't mentioned -- you're all there. Ryebread, Throwdown, Dave, Designer, -- tons of others. I remember all of your names, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Please, if anyone ever needs me -- don't be afraid to contact me on AIM: MB58SC.

2. johan

johan Active Member

Asylum was greater for your presence, and has become lesser from your absence. I will miss MB very much indeed.

While this is very saddening for all of us who still come here, let me remind everyone that MB is moving on because he is taking positive steps toward the life that he wants. So we should be very happy for him.

But damnit, I'm still going to miss his input and advice. I can't think of anyone who deserves more credit for making Asylum a safe, rewarding, useful and comforting place to visit.

I wish you the best, MB.

3. raded

raded New Member

4. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

:wtc: :wtc:

I was already in tears after reading the your last post in my thread...the selfish part of me wants to tell you that you can't do this to me. Not now. But I understand that you too have a life to live and things you would like to accomplish. So I am happy for you. I truly hope you will achieve everything you desire, and then some.
    Thank you so much for everything. Te amo mucho....:sadwavey:

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Don't do things in your life that will make you end up in the asylum again. And if you do, don't hesitate to come back. We'll be here for you, your always welcome. Much love :love: from Darketernal.

6. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

didn't relaly know you but peace :wtc:

:sadwavey:

7. Edge

Edge the artist formerly know as The Edge

good luck

8. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

9. Bleed

Bleed New Member

Good luck buddy :sadwavey:

10. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Damn dude. Wish you the best. :(

No more :mb: :(

11. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

We never talked, I have read a few of your posts. I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself.

12. Vay

Vay New Member

METALLlC BLUE vbmenu_register("postmenu_38706471", true); I have great respect for you. I have read your posts all the time, and I must say OT will not be the same without you :(.

13. Eris

Eris Yes please

Aw, I wish you well! Didn't really post with eachother much, but I did enjoy reading what you had to say!!!

...I am sure you will be greatly missed around these parts!

14. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

METALLlC BLUE , I wish you the best. Still, I hope at some point you'll reconsider and make your way back to the Asylum.

Peace
    Dave

15. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Good luck on your new life, from another user just like you at a different time and place. Where you are, it would take me years to experience what it's like to be in your shoes. Good luck again!

16. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:eek3: wow... i can't believe it. you're really leaving? :wtc:

johan said it best... :wtc: still i wish you all the best! :kiss:

17. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I've enjoyed reading your advice on here and your hilarity on the main forum. I wish you the best of luck :kiss: :mamoru:

18. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

man MB.. you'll be missed bigtime man.

take care.

19. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

You will be missed. I have truly appreciated your advice. But I do understand :wtc:

20. teo

teo . => ? => !

You'll be missed, but I think you've made the right choice. Best of luck! :wavey:

21. The Mighty Megatron

The Mighty Megatron Secondborn of the best drummer known to man

:wtc: You'll be missed, MB. May life carry you towards the purest of heart and the easiest existence. I'm gonna miss you, mang. :hug::love::wtc::wtc::wtc::sadwavey:

22. individual

individual New Member

MB, I'm still a noob but you were a great addition to OT, your adivce will go far :bowdown: to the people you have helped

23. J

J Active Member

i don't really know you too well, but i wish you the best in life! :wavey:

24. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

:bigthumb: Right on man! Best of luck to you. It's good that you recognized something that you've potentially clung to harmfully and found out for yourself what it would take to get to the next chapter in your life. Even your last message serves as an example to me. Thank you.

25. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

wow. he even had his account deleted