WEB I'm launching a new site!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Robb, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Robb

Robb Guest

My first newbie endeavor went pretty well, so I thought id do it again. Basically my first site was a forum for local isssues, as there was no local forum for a city of 50,000+. Its gone over real well. Well, I don't really have a section for sports on there. So I'm launching a new site w/ sports only related stuff, including a sports discussion forum. This area has a huge sports following and I know this should be successful as well. Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  2. LOLZILLA

LOLZILLA New Member

Yes, steal the users from the local sports forum that is already alive and kicking strong. :o

3. auveeb

auveeb DATS CUTE

This has never been done before.

4. Robb

Robb Guest

well there is one site tied into the local newspaper, its a freeboard :mamoru:

it does have 9,000 users, but I'm sure thats mostly b/c they have to sign up to see the discussion board, which then turns out to be entirely sports related.

5. Robb

Robb Guest

awesome :ugh:

6. LOLZILLA

LOLZILLA New Member

Is it going to be just a forum?

7. LOLZILLA

LOLZILLA New Member

I might have some cool ideas to help you out which are based on some of the countries more successful sports forums/stores.

8. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Are you going to make it locoal sports only? I have a sports forum that is being fixed and could use some help if you are interested ;).

9. Robb

Robb Guest

interested

10. Robb

Robb Guest

basically an intro page w/ local sports ish and some ads, then a forum is going to be a main section of it

11. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

definitely do articles and writeups.. people want to read about stuff, not only discuss it

have the blog lead to topics/discussions

12. Robb

Robb Guest

im going to have an rss feed from a local news site...not alot of blogs around about sports, maybe 1 or 2, but I will include them

13. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

oh okay that works, i just meant moreso updated news like scores, injury and scouting reports, etc but if the rss feed suffices then that works