Im lame

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mogul, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Mogul

Mogul New Member

Went to a sorority party tonight but just couldnt get into it...Its not my thing really. Still, anxiety isnt an issue... I can talk to people fine I just dont know what to say. I have no idea how to meet women and its making me a very angry person which I am not normally.... any advice welcome... also flame on if you have to.

Edit: By the way I found out about this party on facebook which was one of the ways people suggested in my last thread so thanks.

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

dude your in the right spot. If your looking for a hookup then thats why the chicks join it because they want to meet guys and flash their shit. You just have to bring them down a level and make them think they aren't as amazing as they think and so begins the chase of them trying to convice you their worth your time.

But hey man the first step is walking in that door. Which you did. Next work on just keeping people interested. Wether it's a girl or a boy or a tall guy or a skinny girl they all want to be entertained. If your the one that can do it then your the one that will be listened to. Then they get jealous that everyones listening or is around you.

3. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

read every one of my (jkidd5's) posts in the sticky in the archive

4. Mogul

Mogul New Member

I will, but most of the stuff I have read here is about anxiety which I don't have. Still I will give the stickies a look.

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Going to the parties by your self?

6. Mogul

Mogul New Member

Yea... although Ive never been a big partier. I worked as a bouncer for about 4 months and didnt even party there:dunno:.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

The plus for me of having a wing is that it reduces anxiety.

If he doesn't have anxiety ...

8. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

This is your issue then, not getting out there and meeting people. It can be rough to talk to women when some have an engrained "Reject!" reaction when approached by men. Try a couple different approaches and see which one gets you the most favorable outcomes (which can be NOT a rejection, not necessarily an acceptance). Sometimes I feel like guys who come up to me and ask me questions are irritating, so find a balance of questions and conversation. Also, if you want to ask her a question, I have had some hilarious conversations with guys (I assume trying to pick me up) by asking me about some horribly drunk chick, or some dude who's about to puke, etc... Things in the room, but still relevant.

Best I can do off the top of my head. Everyone has different approaches, my best friend gets all his moves from that show on MTV, someone help me here (?). Once he gets his foot in the door (i.e. not blown off, actual interest) he can be himself and just chat her up.

This is his latest game, someone correct me if I get part of it wrong:)

Go up to a girl you are interested in, say "I have a game where if you win, I will buy you a drink, and if you lose, you buy me a drink. You wanna play?"

Assuming she says yes:

"The rules are, you have to answer all the questions wrong, and if you get them all wrong, you win. If you get one right, I win. Are you ready?"

Assuming she says yes:

1. "What city are we in?"
    2. "What is the name of this bar?"
    3. "What time is it?"
    4. "Question 3, wait, what number am I on?"

He says usually she answers "4" and then he has her, but in case she doesn't, he then asks "Oh wow, you are really good at this game, are you sure you haven't played this before?" And they usually respond to the flattery question.

Okay, this post got really long... you get my point! If you can't think of normal conversation, go with something you're good at. And if you really aren't good at conversation, maybe sorority parties aren't going to be your forte?

Good luck!

DA

9. JohnJohnJohnson

:eek3:

What's up da

10. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

What?

It works for my best friend, he gets chicks all the time, total baller. Don't try it if you don't think it will work:)

Definitely works for him though, jesus, I call him a man whore all the time:rofl: He's dated a Dallas cheerleader, two Maxim girls, and some chick who was a centerfold for Playboy. There are a ton of them, yes, but they have to be pretty hot to be a centerfold, so he must have a good approach:dunno:

DA

11. JohnJohnJohnson

I'm just saying I'm impressed that a (straight?) girl provided such good advice on pick-up. Awesome :bigthumb:

Unless you are gay? In which case... not impressive but still awesome input

12. Mogul

Mogul New Member

Thats not a problem for me really. I don't care if I get rejected... I can't explain why but it just dosn't bother me.

Dosn't the idea of a game strike anyone else as disingenuous?

Look I'll just be honest here, and I am NOT saying this to stroke my ego. I have an IQ of ~150 and am getting a Ph.D. As a day job I tutor math. I wonder if this has something to do with it? Technical people are bad when it comes to people skills I guess

The thing is though that I am very, very muscular. About 6ft 2in and 275lbs with bodyfat in low 20%. For those that don't know, thats very big but in a good way. I draw stares in the gym like crazy from both men and women. Also I am told frequently that I am very handsome. Not like its done me any good, but I wonder why these things dont work in my favor.

Anyway like I said its just not an anxiety problem... if it was the solution would be straightforward. I dont have anxiety talking to people alone or in groups. I just dont understand anything about women... I guess...

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

Being smart and being emotionally intelligent are completely different. Congratulations on the PhD by the way - respect.

Are you ever making a move? If so, talk about some rejections.

Not making a move because it feels too awkward is the same thing as being anxious. You're just not anxious because you're staying within your comfort zone.

If you're not anxious and you're not scared of rejection and you're not gay or asexual, then you should have no problem going up to girls you find attractive, saying, "Hi, you're sexy," and then pulling them in for a kiss (not forcing - guiding).

14. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

Way straight. I call it like I see it:)

:werd: I totally agree with this. In fact, that best friend I was talking about used to suck at talking to women like you do, Mogul, and he's really hot, top of his class in Law school. He really read up on emotional intelligence and psychology and turned his act around - it wasn't natural to him, but you can learn just about anything. If you are as smart as you say, you won't have trouble learning some new tricks.

Plus, if you are really attractive and smart, you might not be playing up these strengths with these women. It would have to be pretty bad conversation for me to pass up talking to a hot, intelligent guy, so you're not being straight with us, or maybe with yourself. Like I said, play up your strengths, even if that means not relying on conversation until you learn through experience how to talk to anyone.

(Also as a side, I'm a fairly slight woman and I get intimidated by really large guys hitting on me. I got thrown onto a couch as a joke one time by one of my friends who was about your size, and it was so easy it really scared me a little. Try sitting down, or leaning on bar stools or something to play down your size a little. I don't know if it's an issue for other women, but for me it's a little intimidating. Just my two cents.)

DA

15. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

sororities have reps. U may have to do some legwork to find out the sluts, but ask sorority girls. Often some are much sluttier than others. Some are total prisses. (I know, I know, not true for all members, but it is a culture that they promote within the sorority.)

16. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Interesting.

17. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Maybe having an high IQ is your problem. Maybe you feel like you have to have a logical reason to talk to people when you don't have much. Maybe you're looking for a meaning for doing this.
    Talking to people is only disingenuous if you think too much about it. If you're not, there's not hidden agenda or anything.

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

if parties arn't your thing then its not going to work for you. no matter how big and good looking you are, if you reek of awkwardness, unhappiness, etc its just not going to work with the ladies. Who wants to be around someone who clearly isnt having fun?
    that means you either have to learn to like parties, work on faking it, or find someplace else to pick up chicks.

one suggestion that should definitely work well at your size is the gym. I understand not wanting to make a mess where you eat, but if you live in a reasonably populated area im sure there are other gyms that have day passes. just say you might be switching gyms and just wanted to check out the competition.

You are a monster, play the part. Don't bullshit around. you think shes hot, you want to take her on a date, get the number, go back to your workout.

19. Mogul

Mogul New Member

It's funny, I was talking to my sister and she said something like this. Something about not wanting to date anyone who she couldn't take in a fight. It was a joke but it got me thinking that maybe being huge has a downside:wtc:.

20. Mogul

Mogul New Member

This one was called Kappa Alpha Theta. What kind of rep do they have?

21. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

all depends on the school you are @! LOL ask your facebook friends. or become friends with a member and ask her who the slutty ones are and go after those girls!

22. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

While i kind of understand the impression, it always seems weird that most girls think they would have any sort of fighting chance at all. i mean given a fight to the death, any man that would let any but maybe the strongest 5% of women have any sort of a fighting chance is no man at all.

23. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

Ha ha, I don't think it's a literal desire. Maybe for some women who train and workout with the reason of wanting to be equal to men... but I think that is very high-reaching. I don't like the idea of women in the infantry for that reason... there is no way my small-ass frame could ever lift and carry a normal sized dude, even if I worked out 24/7. Most ladies are not capable of reaching the same musculature as men, even if they weigh the same. We know this.

However, it's sort of common woman-to-woman advice to really check out large men before committing to a relationship to make sure there are no anger issues. I had one friend back in high school who pissed off her boyfriend and he smacked her with the back side of his hand. She deserved to be set down a notch for sure, but he could have tried walking out of the house or something... she is a quadraplegic now, he snapped her neck.

It's just... intimidating. Don't know how other ladies feel (musclebound can be really sexy), but I think men that outweigh me by 100 pounds are scary:( Sorry guys.

DA

24. Mogul

Mogul New Member

Sooo women need to be 176 pounds or up for me to be appealing... im in trouble :noes:.

25. Mogul

Mogul New Member

Today I was in the gym having a really great workout and some guy comes in with this fairly attractive girl. He was short, fat, and weak. Sorry, but its just true. He was doing bicep curls with a 50 pound barbell... I do that much weight with one hand.

It only served to confuse me more.