SRS I'm just in a funk....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by IntheWorks, Jun 21, 2005.

1. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I'm pretty unhappy with my life right now. My wife might be pregnant.. and while I'm extremely hopeful and happy about that, a large part of me wants her not to be... I'm scared that I am unable to be a good father. I'm 24 (25 in about a month) and feel like I've pissed most of my life away. I make good money, but have nothing to show for it... I live in an apartment we built above my in-laws garage.... I get these fits of depression, but in a snap, I'll be completely happy... I don't want to see anyone about it because I'm afraid of something being wrong... I don't want to be a medicated zombie...

no real point.. just a lot of rambling

:hs:

2. dazed

dazed New Member

If you make good money, your first priority should be to move out.

Second, no one thinks they are going to be the perfect father, the term perfect is very subjective. To me, all a father needs to do to be "perfect" is to be there everyday for your child and give them all of your love, unconditionally.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Stop demanding things of yourself that even your child will not demand from you. Being a father is learning process, supporting your wife during this period and just doing everything for her what she ask after the child has born ,usually the midwife will take off a lot of the burden that comes on the parents , so you can get on with your life. And don't forget to give the baby new toys :) Congrats soon to be Dad.

4. IntheWorks

not posative yet we're waiting to see if she gets her period this week.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

6. IntheWorks

No baby... :wtc: I'm a lot more upset about that than I thought I would be... and it's been especially hard for me because I didn't want to really show how I felt.... :wtc: we're going to try again though.....

7. hudson

hudson movement

Sounds to me like your pretty much normal.

First off if your making good money and have nothing to show for it then that sounds to me like your having some money issue. Check out this post i wrote, and look through some of the links i posted in it. http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1865305

if thats not the case then sit down with your wife, turn off the TV, and talk about it. Figure out what keeping you in your funk, and fight your way through it.

8. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

We all have those days....

Today I feel a bit BLAAAH myself. Cest la vie...