I'm joining a "kickboxer fitness" class

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mel, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

:coold: I'm very excited. 2 girl friends of mine and I will be starting a kickboxing class 2 nights a week. I haven't been "super" physically active for quite some time, but I know having 2 friends doing it with me will keep me motivated. I can't wait.

2. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

tai bo?

3. Abomb

Abomb New Member

ASIT before this thread proceeds

4. Mel

Similar. It's a real kickboxing place. They just offer a fitness class as well.

5. xela

xela So say we all!

It's an awesome workout. I know a few people who take muay thai and kickboxing classes and their bodies are insane! Let us know if you like it!

6. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

i took one in college, for college credit, they are fun but they dont teach you much if you have ever been in, and won a fight before

7. :|

:| Guest

my girl friend's fingers are all fucked up because she broke them all when her partner kicked her in the hand wrong

8. :|

oh

9. NUDES

NUDES New Member

theyre good.. my chick does them sometimes and so do her friends. ive watched it, everybody gets their ass kicked and is pouring sweat.. which is good for you. too many women think that 5lb dumbell curls and 20 mins at a abysmally slow pace on an elliptical will get them leaner.

10. bear

bear frankly rover i dont give a "woof

before and afters

11. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

wat

12. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

lol, there's no right way to get kicked in the hand.

13. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

ass shot in a thong

14. damM3

damM3 Active Member

:roflw:

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

it's a great way to get in shape. we have "turbo kickboxing" at my 24 which is the only class i'm comfortable going to :)

16. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I work out at an MMA and Muay Thai gym, and the 1 hour "X-fit kickboxing" or conditioning / cardio kickboxing class they offer twice a week is usually my hardest workout. It will do wonders, my wife has been coming with me (to "X-fit") for about 6 months and loves it. You'll have fun and work really hard.

17. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Remember i was telling you about my gf and her friends...this is them.

I'm considering joining up with this gyms boxing class. I checked em out for a few minutes today. Its touch to find a straight kickboxing gym. He says they dont have much demand so they do a boxing/kickboxing night.

18. Mel

I'm not taking a fitness kickboxing class to learn self defense. I would take a course dedicated for that. And as of right now, I"m not looking to compete in kickboxing either. I'm looking for a really good workout. Something that will kick my butt, but will be fun, and isn't just running on the treadmill or elliptical machine.

19. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

best bet, just goto the gym and run.

but if you think you have to take a class to get motivated.. thats not too bad of an idea. but imho most of those classes are not strenuous enough to make you get a good workout. obviously you will get out of it what you put into it.

20. :|

have you taken one? :o

21. Mel

I love to run, but it gets boring, especially when it's too cold to get outside and run.

The class, and working out with two good friends will keep me motivated. And I've not heard from ANYONE that it's not a strenuous workout. I've heard nothing but good things. And this isn't a kickboxing class at some fancy gym. It's a good old fashioned boxing gym.

22. Mel

So I had my first class! It was a little "easier" this week since there are beginners in it. But holy CRAP was it a workout. The first 30 minutes was just non stop movement. The other half was calisthenics galore.

I was happy to be able to keep up for the most part, even though I haven't been as active in the past year as I used to be. Of course, it was a slightly toned down version and will only get harder. It was so much fun though, and I can definitely tell it's going to make a difference.

23. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

I just got done with my usual running, sprints, abs, misc workout.

All of the 1-1.5 hours of work was not even close to as hard as my 20 minute heavy bag workout afterwards.

Buy some mma gloves, get like 1 days of striking training from someone knowledgable, and go at it.

MMA/wrestling workouts that I just do on my own are the hardest workouts I've ever done, and have improved my cardio more than anything else.

100% support for this thread. Self-motivated workouts are better than classes, but if you need to teacher motivation, then thats fine.

24. Abomb

Abomb New Member

mods, i request you lock this thread. multiple requests for ass shot in thong have been made, and yet i see no pics.

25. Mel

It's not the teacher motivation, persay, it's the workout partner that keeps me motivated. It's having to go there with someone on those days I'd rather just stay home. I don't want to ditch my workout partner, so there's MORE reason not to be lazy and go. :) That and I think it's more fun to work out with someone.

I'm going to get some tape so I can measure myself, so that will keep me motivated as well!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.