Im in the middle of detailing and im stuck on with the meguiars DACP

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Renegade, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Damn man just got the meguiars DACP and swirl free polish. I just finished washing and drying the car. Then I go to my trunk lid with some swirl marks, I apply about a dime size worth of DACP onto a clean applicator pad, brand new. I then go <-----> as hard as I can with tons of pressure working it into the paint for about 30 seconds, then taking a nice clean terry cloth and wipe it hard to get it off. Result was it looks the same with the swirl marks, and i dont want to tell myself i spent $40 for nothing what happened!

2. Renegade

Renegade New Member

now that im looking at it,

it actually made more swirls! wtf man, i shook the bottle well, i applied some on a clean applicator pad, i applied good pressure worked it into the paint for like 30 seconds, then used microfiber to take it off, and it looks worse!

3. Renegade

Renegade New Member

man this is a disaster, i may have to get it professionally done, if i get an orbital buffer can i mess up my paint?

4. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Gonna let this slide to Scott, but I think you need to work it longer than that (and probably less pressure?), DACP breaks down as you go, so you are not letting it break down to polish, you are only getting the stronger effects of the product.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you are not working it until it is nearly clear and dry, it won't break down the abrasives into a finer polish. Do not use an applicator pad, use a folded terry cloth towel like I suggest in the sticky. If you are having to rub hard to get the excess off, you didn't work it long enough.

If you have an orbital buffer, use that, and again, you need to work it until nearly clear and dry or the product won't work right.

6. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

how big of a section would you use scott? just the size of your hand after its folded?

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

When I fold my terry cloth towels into 1/8ths size, I'd guesstimate the size as about 4" x 8" or so, similar to the size of my hand.