SRS I'm in love with my best friend?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Los, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Los

Los Active Member

:wtc:

Since the 7th grade, I've loved her.

Completely,
    absolutely.

But we can't be together. Our friendship means more. And she's the only girl I got friendzoned to. :eek3:

I dream about her, I can't wait to hear her voice, its like "Lips of an Angel" over again. I mean, yeah I love my gf, she makes me happy, but my best friend... sets my world on fire.

I just had to vent. I dreamt about her again last night.

2. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

kinda sux right? idk about you, but i dream about a girl like that a good 2-3x a week and i know it won't ever amount anything more...kinda sucks but what can you do i suppose...

3. daaarn

daaarn New Member

first you gotta ask yourself if it's really love or just infatuation. there's no real scale to measure it by, but i would think the older you get (and if you still feel that way after multiple real gfs), the more likely what you feel is really love (cuz by then you'd be able to get to know both the good and bad of your friend) and not just simple infatuation. and if it really is love, then damn the consequences and go for it. if the friendship is as strong as it should be, then you have nothing to worry about (for better or for worse).

4. Los

Los Active Member

Ah, its love. That undeniable feeling in your soul.

Whatever it is, its gonna wait since I'm moving to Korea next year.

5. Profet

Profet New Member

I feel for you man :ugh: Have been in the same position...and it kind of ruined our friendship.

but I hope it'll work out OK for you!

6. Los

Los Active Member

:dunno:

7. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

You should seriously think about going for it, take some risks in life or you'll always wonder what could've been

8. Sofa King

Sofa King Guest

I agree with this guy...you have to ask yourself if its worth losing everything you have with her for something that you can't beat.

Luckily, if you two are as close as you say, you won't lose her if she doesn't feel the same way, but by putting it in those terms you'll know if its worth it to you.

Situations like these (bestfriends, one has feelings for the other) are the only things that get to me and can make me teary-eyed, dunno why :hsd: Anyway, tell me how it works out!

9. armond

armond New Member

I took the risk and am currently with my bestfriend as more than that. We have been together for over a year and half now. I plan on coming home and proposing to her after my time in Kuwait is done. BTW, she still is my best friend and she is my S/O.

Go for it, if you do't, know will never know what coulda been.

10. vtec1994

vtec1994 It always rains at Le Mans

Im sort of in the same situation as you are, except she also has feelings somewhat for me. But she also knows how I feel. If you do have as strong a relationship as you two do, then tell her. See what she says.

11. Marmitha

Marmitha Milk ftw

i feel really bad for your gf

12. imraven52

imraven52 New Member

13. Los

Los Active Member

:hs:

My gf bought my daughter a baseball glove.

:wtc:

nothing will come of it. My best friend lives 1000 miles away.

14. mrj

mrj New Member

Guy's cant have female best friends who are attractive without "falling in love" with them.

15. Mercur1o

Mercur1o New Member

:werd:

I'm also in the same situation...dunno what to do....

16. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You need to break up with your gf. She deserves much better than a guy who is in love with someone else :squint: That's a terrible thing to do to someone who loves you.

17. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Don't go for it. It's not fair for your best friend!

These good looking friends of ours trust us with everything personal and private-- we know their secrets and their insecurities. What happens when suddenly we tell them we want to date? Imagine how crushed they are... how betrayed. Good looking girls are protected by their "friends" who have crushes on them.

Life isn't like the movies, man. You don't just go in for the kiss on your best friend. Why? The sudden escalation isn't comfortable. If you are not really touchy feely she'll feel betrayed by you and herself.

How do I know? I thought I LOVED my best friend. It was just a one-itis. I wanted her because I could never have her. I smothered her with friendship thinking it would escalate. It doesn't work that way.

Break up with your girlfriend and find a new girl, or revive your attraction for your girlfriend. EITHER WAY, I do not recommend "coming clean" to your best friend. It's different for guys that girls! We'd love our best friend to want to fuck. Girls... nope, if they were interested at all it would be pretty obvious by now.

Again, life isn't the movies.

18. daaarn

daaarn New Member

yep, that's the basic truth of it. if a guy finds a female friend any bit attractive (basically for any reason that would normally draw you to a potential girlfriend) it's only going to lead to complications. that being said, i think i should just reiterate my point that if you do fall for your friend, make sure it's for the right reasons. i've been there before. long story short, i was helping her thru a rough patch with her boyfriend, and ended up falling for her. but i eventually realized i wasnt actually attracted to her, so much as i liked the attention she was giving me. luckily i ended up not doing anything stupid (like confessing) and we're still friends

19. daaarn

daaarn New Member

word. hate to bring up ladder theory, but if she didnt try to get with you when y'all first got to know each other, you've been stuck on her friends ladder, and most likely forever.

20. The Saggin' Nutz

The Saggin' Nutz New Member

ive been there, it eats away at your soul

21. Kirby McSpic

Kirby McSpic New Member

I prefer a no to being tortured by the what ifs.

22. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

your love for your best friend is just an escape from reality to satisfy some form of cosmic loneliness. if you were to get with her you'd probably be dreaming about your ex or some other girl whom you'd choose to "perfectify" in your mind

23. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

I'm in the same situation... except I'm in love with my guy friends and they're straight (without alcohol :mamoru:)

24. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

I fell into this pit once. It's a scary one and I suggest you avoid it unless you like pain :)

25. Lantis745

Lantis745 Member

I've been best friends with this girl since 1rst grade and i love her but not in the "i want to be her bf way". Shes extremely attractive with a great personality but i think it would be weird to feel anything more than a sisterly love for her.