SRS I'm in a tough spot in life v.feel like a failure

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Nev, May 11, 2008.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I don't really know what to go, where to do, etc etc. right now. I'm confused with where I want to take my life, and right now I am unhappy and feel like a failure.

To start things off, i'm 23, will be 24 in a few months. I graduated from Penn State last December with a degree in Accounting. The problems pretty much start there. I hated my major and didnt realize it until i was just about done and now I have no desire to work in the field, although I am not against trying it. I have no money, I don't have a car, and I'm just living with my mom right now in a shit hole dead end town. Most of this is my fault, as I didnt try to get an internship/job while in school.

For the past 7 months or so I have been in a long distance relationship. As most of them do, there are ups and downs, but its been very very hard. We both would really like to try to make it work, but the only way for that to really happen is for me to move out near her in New Jersey, where I'm not so sure that I could afford to live. I have looked for jobs over there, applied online, done lots of stuff as far as taht goes, and I havent been able to find anything. I'm really just starting to feel like everything is falling apart before I even get a chance.

I am unhappy here at home. I have a good group of guys who I have been friends with since I was like 10, but it's all becoming too routine and to be honest a waste of time to sit around and drink/hang out constantly. I wouldnt call it a depression, but I feel like Im in a huge slump right now with so many decisions that I need to make.

If I had a little bit of money and a car, I would probably certainly pack up the few belongings I have and head over near the girl and try to see how that situation played out. If things do work out there, great, if they dont though, she is the only person I know over there and I would become incredibly lonely.

This list goes on and on but I honestly feel like a complete failure and am going nowhere right now. Anyone been in a similar situation?? :hs:

2. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

For your situation, I think thats exactly why people move out of small towns and into bigger cities. After a quarter century in the same small place, you have seen and done it all, its time for a change.

I just got done with college too. I guess its supposed to be a big milestone but I don't feel any different, except maybe a bit depressed. Its nearly been nearly 2 decades since I started preschool and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I hate the passage of time.

I'm already starting to feel the boredom setting in. The last six months have been very busy and I always had something on my mind. I don't have a job yet either, and I kinda don't wanna start looking yet, but at the same time I don't wanna sit home doing nothing. That might be fun for a week or two but anything past that I imagine myself getting pretty crazy, especially since most of my friends have jobs already.

Honestly I'd like to start a fambly, but thats not gonna happen anytime soon since I'm single atm and with lots of lingering emotional problems. I kinda wanna get a pup (havent had a dog since mine passed away 5 years ago). Its the perfect time cause I would actually have time to spend with him while he's young. Once I get a job it will be out of the question.

Anyway I'm blabbering on in your thread so cliffs: I'm on pretty much teh same boat. I do kinda like the field I have my degree in though and I'm in a big city. What about a little travel? Take a trip somewhere you've always wanted to go. It would give you a little perspective. And you have a college degree, which is something most people in this world never manage to get. It opens doors for you that aren't even visible for other people.

3. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

On weekends I have nothing to do, I just want to kill myself because of the boredom.

4. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

It has gotten to the point that every day is just a complete drag and I feel myself falling into a depression. I might even be there already. The girl situation is incredibly hard for me as I don't want to just throw it away. I really want to try to move out there and make it work, but that is such a risk, emotionally and financially.

I need to somehow get a reliable car. Right now I cannot afford to just buy one, I don't have a job yet since i graduated college, so I won't be able to finance one. I need to get out of here soon, at least for a bit. I hate feeling so stuck and helpless.

5. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

I'm in a completely opposite situation from you. You have a girl though. That changes things right?

I am 22. Have a car, a great job and I am planning to move out of my parent's place into the city.

But looking for a apartment depresses me in a way. I've always been single and never had a girl, so I'm thinking. Why am I doing this. I will be coming home every day after work sad and depressed, and every day will be the same.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this...