SRS I'm in a pretty bad rut right now

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bounty_hunter, Jun 25, 2005.

1. bounty_hunter

bounty_hunter New Member

For some reason I always feel numb, bored and disconnected from everyone else. I'm slowly losing intrests in everything and just becomming a shell of a human being. My one main outlet; writing, I don't even keep up with. It's just like "whats the point?". This has been going on for a while now.

I got to think really deeply today, When was the last time I actually felt something, happiness or even sadness? I honestly could not remember, I've been dumped, left out of the loop of friends, haven't really talked to anyone about myself in almost a year but then I came to the realization that I've become comfortable with this lifestyle.

For example; this past week a met a girl...she actually captured my intrest, which no girl hasn't really done in over a year. We get to talking and she drops the bombshell...she has a boyfriend. Now old me would have probably been depressed for at least a couple of days ,I really liked this girl, but would have moved on. But when she told me today I felt nothing, no sadness, even when I tried to get a little sad...nothing. Kind of scared me today. Maybe I didn't like her but the fact that there was something else to think about, to hope for, threw me off of the mundane thoughts I think, it was something diffrent.

It's not that I don't have any friends, I have a close knit of friends but for some reason I always feel insecure about putting myself out there (I'm usually the go to guy), I am an introverted person also so it just makes things much harder. I just feel like if I put myself out there to the wrong person I will pay for it. I cried once infront of everyone ( a friend died last year) but it was also the annivarsary of my dad dying...that was just too much but I felt like so weird. I guess I haven't found that person/people I feel comfortable talking to. Hell I don't think I've hugged anyone with feeling behind it.

Theres no real question in this post, maybe others have felt this way.

2. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

I've got no adivice to offer but I can say I've felt that way for a while now, also.

3. seven

seven New Member

My personality and your's are a lot a like. I don't feel much anymore either, but i'm not depressed. When i got the I have BF line, i just smiled and told her sorry for you time, went home and took a shower, i forgot about the metter until you posted. I am also content with my life right now, it's not good, but it's definatly not bad.

I get bored a lot, which will make me go crazy, so i get on OT, read a book, workout, and i'm fine.

I think you are doing okay man, you shouldnt have any worries.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Perfectly normal , i mean you are a guy and guys usually aren't as emotionally loaded as girls are, however i've heard more about this one time a guy here on Asylum complained that he was considered emotionless and cold. Well the cure for this is to have a loving and helping interaction with people , if you help other people out (volenteering) you can see and feel how gratefull they are, you get experience with talking to people, and although volenteering gets a lot of critics, you actually do something good for someone and become a better person as a result of it.

5. bounty_hunter

bounty_hunter New Member

Thats actually a very good idea, I know am I guy and suppose to not be more emotional then girls, but not feeling at all just seems inhuman to me.

I'm glad i'm maturing (maturity has hit me like a ton of bricks) to the point where I don't let things bother me.

The volenterring again is actually a great idea, thanks again. Oh I finally felt pure joy today, I almost forgot this feeling, went to a GWAR show and I don't know why but that has to be the best experience of my life, this happiness thing feels good :)