SRS Im in a bind OT.. what do i do?? v.gf,wrecks,cats etc.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deuceforty, Feb 17, 2008.

1. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

my gf totalled her car on wed night, so we spent our entire valentines day/anniversary pretty weird.. she has been saying she wanted a pet, and she really liked her cats at her parents, so on monday i told her i wanted to get her a kitten for vday/anniversary, she SEEMED to love the idea, went out to petsmart and walmart and bought all the necessary supplies, surfed the net to find the perfect kitten etc. wed. night she gets hit and her car is totalled (not her fault) the next morning my radio is stolen, and i spend most of vday talking to police and the likes.
    her roomate said she hated cats, but my gf told me that she told him that a long time ago because she said dogs were cooler, but we dont have time or space for a dog in our apt.
    i picked the cat up today, she is still REAL banged up from the wreck but ever since i brought the cat home my gf has acted like she is really mad at me. every cat question i asked she got really frustrated and basically told me "whatever"
    i cant really talk to her about ANYTHING anymore because it hurts her when she laughs, so i cant joke with her, she told me she doesnt want my input on her wreck and aftermath after we fought all vday about me wanting her to talk to a lawyer and her not wanting to. she told me she doesnt want me talking about her new car, so i basically have nothing at all to talk about..
    anyway, i asked her "should i feed him?" and she said "do whatever you want,im going to let you do whatever you want im not going to intrude" in that tone of voice thats like "im fucking pissed i want nothing to do with you"
    i said "whats wrong? i thought you wanted to get a kitten we can always take him back we have a few days trial-persay" she said "look, i dont care what you do with the cat, you only got him to keep at my place because your landlord wont let you keep a pet at your place, do whatever you want with him its not my deal"

then she went to sleep at 8, so ive been trying to figure out what to do with this little guy.. he has become REALLY attached to me, and i really dont know how to handle this situation... help?

2. deuceforty

3. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Man, I have no idea what advise to offer, but that really really sucks :hug: I'm glad your girlfriend is okay, but I'm really sorry she's giving you and the kitten such a hard time. Hang in there and give her a few days :hs: Go from there.

4. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

. sorry to hear all that happened :sadwavey:

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

What do you mean you have a few days and you can bring him back? Bring him back where?

Honestly, if you like the cat I would just keep him at your place. That's kinda crazy that a landlord would flip out over 1 cat.

But if you need to get rid of him I'd say maybe put an ad in the paper or ask around your friends and family. I would avoid the pound at all costs.

It also sounds like your gf needs more space during this ordeal. Back off a little bit and then re-evaluate from there.

6. deuceforty

i adopted him through a shelter,and they said that 3 days within taking him home if they dont work out to bring the animal back and they would refund the adoption fee.

should i just leave and take the kitten? its 10:20 and she went to bed at 8

7. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

That's really unfortunate. I hope she's ok.

Sounds like a nice gift to me.

Man, both of you are having difficulties!

That's a problem when a roommate starts saying they don't like a particular pet right off the bat.

It sounds to me like she's recovering from the accident and probably taking it out on you.

It's best to let her deal with it on her own. You can be supportive, but it's probably best if you fade into the background until she wants to let you back in.

It's best if you give her space and don't put yourself into anymore situations where confrontation may occur.

I would recommend telling her that you won't tolerate disrespect, that if she's upset about what happened to her, that you empathize and are willing to be supportive but you will not accept being mistreated.

Side Note: Women like when men do what I'm telling you to do.

You need to most certainly take my advice. Express how you feel calmly, that you won't accept being treated this way, and then leave. Let her sit on that for as long as it takes.

It's her cat, you gave it to her as a gift. Leave it with her, if she doesn't want it she can take it back.

8. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

What happened with this situation?

9. deuceforty

we talked about it a little bit...

she wanted to make sure the cat was actually hers, not just mine living at her place

a good friend of mine GAVE me 200 for a new stereo, i love that guy

she talked to me about her insurance options, and what to do

she is going in to the doctor again tommorow because her leg reallyhurts, and she feels like she is having irregular heartbeats and that her chest isnt normal

the cat has a cut eye and is pooping blood, and we only have a few more days to take him back and get a refund..he seems really sick he doesnt really play or is curious like most kittens he just sits and sleeps.. we dont know if we should take him back or pay the vet bills to get him healthy :(

10. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Take him back, it's their job to make sure he's well. Tell them, get him well -- we didn't pay for a sick animal. But then tell them you still want him.

If I'm not mistaken laws require people to do this for a period of time.

11. Anudist

Anudist Turnin' Jesus on, one lightswitch at a time.

I believe you are correct, most shelters are resposible for the first 30 days I believe for the animals health, after that, you're on your own.

12. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Right. OP, if you want to make sure of this, search for your local state laws online, or simply call your local shelter and ask them what the laws are on purchasing a pet from the shelter, or a store, or personal private sales. They know the laws, especially the city or town shelters.