SRS I'm in a awkward position! *please help*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JTp8ntball97, Nov 27, 2006.

1. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

So my girlfriend goes to college about 2 1/2 hours away and she wants me to go to this winter formal thing at her college this coming weekend. I told her I would think about it.

Here's some reasons why I should probably go:
    - I never went to her senior prom with her because I had money obligations. This would kinda make up for it.
    - If I don't go, she'll probably find another guy to go with, which would bother me.

Reasons why I don't want to go:
    -I hate dances. I don't really know how to dance, and I never really had an intrest to dance. Therefore, I don't want to look like an idiot.
    -2 1/2 hour drive alone is never fun.
    -The dance will last 5 hours! :eek3:
    - All the money involved: Gas getting there, parking passes for the weekend, food..etc (keep in mind I still need to go xmas shopping for her)
    -Having to go out and get nice dress clothes.

She said it was ok if I didn't go, but that still puts me in a awkward position.
    Trust me, I do a lot for this girl. We've been going out for almost 2 years. All this just seems to be bugging me.

Please help. Opinions needed!

2. tigerafro

tigerafro New Member

i'm pretty sure u should go. if u don't its gonnabe one of those things that u did that "let her down". plus its the least u can do. im pretty sure u can endure 5hrs for her.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

If you're tight on cash, tell your girl that this is a major investment for you, and that this will have to be her "big" xmas present from you. Then just get her something small and meaningful for xmas.

Actually, here's a thought: take a camera with you on the trip, and document things throughout your trip, the dance, your time together, etc. Then, when you get back home, have the pictures developed or print them out, and make a photo album/scrapbook for her to remember it by. Give her the album/scrapbook for xmas. Plus, if you're busy snapping photos, it'll mean she may not drag you onto the dance floor as much. :bigthumb:

The way I see it, it'd be a big deal for her if you went to be with her for this; especially since you never made it to her senior prom, doing this and then presenting her with something to remember the special evening by would probably really mean something to her. And that's exactly what you're after.

4. mrpeoplemonster

mrpeoplemonster New Member

Dude, if you like her (been dating for 2 years... im guessing you do) then you gatta go. 2 1/2 hours really isnt that long of a drive. bring a couple CDs, and you will be there before you know it. It will mean the world to her, and it will score you some browny points.

but if you dont go, chances are she will go with someone else. do you want that?

5. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

I like the way you think. I think I will go, but the little thing that's bothering me is the dancing. I really don't know how to dance. She kinda showed me how people dance at clubs and dances and I guess it's just not my thing.:rolleyes:

6. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

No, I wouldn't want that. I talked to her last night and she told me "If you don't want to go, you don't have to. It's okay, seriously. I won't go with someone else. I just won't go."

I think I will go though, because this will somewhat make up for the senior prom, and score a highlight in our relationship, and she would really like that.

7. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

Thanks for the advice, viper. If I get any pics from the winter formal, I'll come back an post em in here. :)

8. Create

Create :free at last:

Awesome idea.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

if you like/love her you will put beside the petty shit like money and drive length time man. Jesus.

10. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

Do it. So you waste a day, if you like her it shouldn't be a problem.

If you don't she will go with someone else, and hold this against you. Looks like a pretty open and shut case. If you like her, you go. If you want to break up, you don't.

11. 7960

7960 New Member

The dance is not for you and it's not about you. It's for her and it's about her.

If you care for her you'll do this. If you don't want to do this for the reasons you listed above then you should reconsider how you feel for her.

12. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

It has nothing do with how I feel about her. I love this girl with all my heart. I do a lot for her already. And this is the same girl who can't give me an answer to if she wants to be with me the rest of her life. If she asked me to be her husband I would say yes. I ask her if she wants to be my wife, she says, "I don't know what the future holds." She kinda leaves me hanging with wanting to know.

13. Create

Create :free at last:

She's in school. Give it time. She's definitely not sticking around with someone who diddn't care to show up for events she values.

If you really care for her you'd go, even if it's miserable, and act like you're happy to be there. Pure charity. That's love.

14. 7960

7960 New Member

I know it seems trite to ask but how old are you two? She's still in college. I had a girlfriend in college...we'd been together for 5 years by the time I went (17 to 22...I went to college late). If anyone had asked me if we'd get married I would have said something like "I don't know what the future holds."

She's young, you're (hopefully :ugh: ) young, too. "I don't know" is a perfectly valid answer. I'll tell you what, though. Acting like this you're helping her make her decision.

15. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

We're both 19.

16. Crush

Go to the dance, profit. Choose not to go to the dance, look for a new girlfriend. Drastic, but inevitable.

/thread

17. 7960

7960 New Member

exactly what makes you so sure "she's the one" to marry at 19?

18. Crush

On the same topic, is she the first person you've had sex with?

19. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

Yes, and so am I.

20. 7960

7960 New Member

"yes" meaning you were each others' firsts?

You do realize the improbability of this relationship making it, right? You're both already showing signs that you're going separate ways. You think you give up too much for her already, she's asking you to do something you don't want...............

Let us know what you end up deciding.

21. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Do you know how much pressure that places on her if you ask that?

You guys are only 19...don't worry about it that much.

22. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

Yes, we were each other's firsts. I already told you I was going to go. But I'm just dying to tell you guys something that would probably change your outlook on things.

Back in sept, her first week of college, she went to a party and drank a little too much. She ended up kissing another guy on the cheek. She admitted this to me when I went to visit her the second week. She was crying when she told me this and she said she was never to do it again. I was a little dissapointed, but I got over it seeing it was one stupid kiss on the cheek. Well when I went home that sunday. I went on too her facebook and found a message to one of her friends saying that she kissed the guy more than once. I was pretty heart broken.

When I confronted her about it she broke down crying for 2 hours saying how sorry she was and that she would never do that again. She just didn't want to tell me how much worse than it was because she still loved me and didn't want to lose me.

Now please, don't tell me I should've broke up with her for what she did. I have a heart and wanted to give her a second chance. I know this girl did wrong, but I trust that she would never do it again. It's almost Decemeber and so far she has settled down in college.

I've never hurt this girl, ever!
    She's hurt me once. Now I already said I was going to go to the dance, but now that you know this stuff, I can question why I should go or not.

23. JTp8ntball97

JTp8ntball97 New Member

What do you mean by that?

24. Crush

She uses you because she has you under her thumb.

25. 7960

7960 New Member

I wouldn't tell you to break up with her. I would tell you that she's free (2.5 hrs away in college), meeting new people, experimenting with other relationships............ I hate to say it, but I've seen this before.

I was an RA at college and saw this a few weeks into every semester. Rumors, angry boyfriend coming to visit, yelling from the room, roomie kicked out for a night of make-up sex, few months later........... it was over. I don't want to bear bad news, but you should prepare yourself for a serious conversation and/or a request for some "time apart."