LGBT I'm having trouble picking out a suit to wear for a wedding.:hs:

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by contactone, Feb 22, 2005.

1. contactone

contactone OT Supporter

Ci haven't picked up a suit ina few years. Can you guys help me out?

Just a little background info: I'm 6' 198lbs, medium built, brown hair/eyes and mexican(sounds like a persoanal ad). I don't 'look' mexican though, I get confused for italian or just 'some white guy'. The wedding is going to be at a hotel/banquet hall in Mexico City.

Does that info matter? Not a fan of two button suits so I've been trying on 3 and 4 button suits for the last couple weeks. The suiuts that looked best on me were either solid black or dark gray with stripes(the best one being a 4 button/black).

I don't know what to go with...:(

2. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

It's not so much the color of the suit that matters so much as the cut. For the most part, the trend that seems to be in style right now is a slimmer cut. Not as much padding in the shoulders, and in general a cleaner look. Black is always safe, so are dark grey and navy. Some guys can rock pinstripes really well, so you may wanna check into that too.

You might wanna post a pic or something to give us an idea of what might look best on you. What really matters though, is how comfortable you are in the suit. That should come first.

3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

OMG, I took my dad with me to my tailor, and he refused to believe it when both the suit maker and I said no to his request for a double breasted suit. He should have known by now that I'll never steer him wrong. I may occasionally take fashion risks with myself, but I'm CoCo... People expect me to wild out every now and then.

:wiggle:

4. contactone

contactone OT Supporter

I like the slim cuts. I need them cause I'm a few pounds heavier than I should be. I tried on some pinstripe suits and they were hit or miss. The spacing off the stripes really made a difference.

:werd:
    I'm not a fan of the double breasted suits.