I'm having problems watching DVDs full screen

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Playboy, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Playboy

Playboy Part time arrogant bastard

Oct 17, 2000
    This is actually a recent problem. I was watching Scrubs like no problem. Meanwhile I opted out of FS while on WMP to check out a thread on OT talking about removing the Recycle Bin from the desktop.

I did that, logged off/on again, and tried to continue watching Scrubs and my video disappears! The thing is, you can hear it, you can play wih the menus provided you remember where they sit, but you can't see it. On normal sizes you can watch the videos and all just fine, but on full it just goes black.

I tried Nero's SHowtime as well and it does the very same thing. I even changed the policy back for the Recycle Bin settings to see if that's where I messed up.

I tried playing around with both WMP and my video card's (9800pr0) hardware acceleration settings and nothing. I upgraded my drivers (Omega not the ATI ones) and still nothing. I did a System Restore but that didn't work since my PC just kept rebooting (perhaps it has to do with updating my drivers), so had to undo that.

I don't know what else to do. Help :(

Edit - I can watch mpgs/wmvs/avis just fine in FS.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007