I'm going to lease a 2007 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan 6MT tomorrow

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by HardTech, May 16, 2007.

1. HardTech

HardTech hungry

$2,374 due at signing
    $279/month + tax (comes out to $302.xx)
    $15,677 buy-out
    36 months, 12k miles per year

that's the lease special going on right now. Is it possible to negotiate better terms? That price is for MSRP, and the dude offered the car at invoice if I were to buy it.

Thoughts? This is the first car that I'm going to buy

2. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

nice

Just keep an eye on the odometer.

:noes:

3. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I'm moving to about 10 miles from work, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

4. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I always hear bad things about leases... when you go to return the car you can't have any dents or scratches. Then there is the you can only drive X miles/yr and to drive anymore miles costs a lot money. Also you MUST take it to get all the service checkups and everything must be done at an approved shop, no do it yourselfs.

But if you are going to buy it, shouldn't be any issues I guess :dunno:

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I leased a vehicle. They gave a nice presentation on how "normal" dings don't matter, and things like that. They are fucking BITCHES when you're done. I ended up buying it and selling it to the lot.

6. HardTech

HardTech hungry

well, the total price of the lease would come out to $28,621.62 if I ended up buying it.

with a 5% loan and a $10,000 down payment, I'd end up paying $27,379.80.

lease payments will be $300, loan payments will be $456.33. I guess the payments won't kill me, and I'll save over $1000 over 3 years. The only caveat would be that my girlfriend would have to loan me $5000 so I can add that to the amount I can put down for the car.

7. Drifter87

The way leases were explained to me...

If you want to drive a new car every 3-5 years get a lease. If you like to drive a car until the repair costs become > new car payments, or until the car falls apart, buy it.

8. vertGST

vertGST New Member

Like previously said. Watch the odometer. My wifes car is 30k over so I think it would be better for us to buy instead of turning it in.

9. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

doesnt it come out to being like .25 or somthing cents a km/mile after the yearly allowance?

10. Keiphus

Keiphus my dog eats bears

You could find a similar one slightly used Honda certified etc for much less than that... peeps in wallst. section would not approve of this hardtech :nono: :mamoru:

11. nvusgt

nvusgt New Member

its an accord. keep your money

12. vertGST

vertGST New Member

It all depends on the lease agreement. It varies from dealer to dealer. I think most places here are .10 a mile typically.

13. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I think your math here is a little screwy, but I'm not sure what your parameters are.

Anyway, if I were you I would put the $5k down, get a 60-month loan, and buy the car instead of leasing. Especially since you can get it for invoice, that's a couple thousand bucks right there. With a lease you run the risk of having to put more miles on the car than you're "allowed" if your situation changes, and you get screwed when it's time to turn the thing in. And if you don't put more than 12k a year on it, then you can get your money back on the resale whenever you want, and not be bound by a contract. (Check out the loan/amortization calculator at www.bankrate.com and what payoff amounts would be after 12, 24, and 36 months of payments.)

cliffs: Leases suck. Just decide what you can afford, and buy it.

14. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

yea idk about a nu car leases i hear they suck its pretty to negotiate better terms ur kinda stuck with what u got u can ask i guess most ppl say no tho i guess ask and then to hell with it w/e happens happens as long as ur happy with the car dont compromise

15. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

You should be able to get it for well below invoice. The dealers are clearing out the 07's to make room for the 08

16. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I was going to BUY a 2007 Accord V6, but the dealerships in my area didn't have the color/option combination I wanted.

So I bought a 2004 TL instead. Some guy hit all the depreciation and left me with a better vehicle for cheaper.

peeps in wall st. would approve :wavey:

17. Drifter87

:cool:

18. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

pics please :naughty::x:

19. HardTech

HardTech hungry

it's nothing special.. just a plain 2004 TL with 6MT and navigation. The only "mod" that is done to it is a 35% tint on the rear windshield and two back doors.

I'm not going to mod it either. It's plenty fast for me, and I'd like to maintain a "professional" demeanor. There are numerous Porsches and Benz's in my parking lot... I don't want an Acura with a fart can.

20. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

those TLs with the 6MTs are sexy. Nice find.

21. HardTech

HardTech hungry

yeah, the car is pretty fast for what it is. Torque steer is crazy, but when I'm not pushing it it's a great car.

I actually like the Accord shift knob better, though. Perforated leather with red lettering. I might change it out when I order the short shifter.

disclaimer: I know I said I wasn't going to mod the car. What I mean by that is adding ricer stuff like body kit, lowering it to .05" from the ground, coffee can exhaust, etc.

22. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

I leased my car. Don't do it, it sucks. I planned on keeping it, but couldn't get a big enough loan at the time, so lease was the only way I could get it. I planned on saving the money up and paying it off at the end of the lease, but things happened, and I didn't have the money, so I had to take out a loan to cover the buy-out (couldn't go car-less, wasn't going to sign another lease). So right now, I'm driving a 7 year old car that I'm still making payments on. Buy, don't lease, unless you want a new car every 3-5 years, and are willing to be the sucker who takes the depreciation hit for the next owner.

23. HardTech

HardTech hungry

:eek3:

good advice. Thanks