MIL Im going to join the army after we get a regime change at home

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 2FWNC, Sep 13, 2005.

1. 2FWNC

2FWNC I'm a little bit special

And more money thrown into the units instead of machines and bombs. When they start investing money in our people's gear with more upgrades to armor and weapons im all in, but won't happen untill we get you know who out of office. He is keeping me from joining the force. I would be glady willing to die for my country, but not this current president. Plus I want to go in when there is no doubt the commander and chief isn't going to start, and also will do anything in his power to prevent WWIII. So if I don't get drafted before the next election, im joining after it... This isn't a political post, just a promise. I admire people that join now becuase they are confident of themselves more so than the system, which definatly makes you a real man. Plus I need to train more physically, which is actually the main reason, but this other political reason is just an added bonus. Eh. How many of you are training to go in even before a regime change at home?

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Sounds like you will never be in the military. The next President will be a pacifist which is just as likely to start WWIII as a war mongering President.

3. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

Sounds like you're going to make a great soldier...you're loyal only when people you like are in charge of you :ugh2:

If you acting like you're gonna wait til a democrat is elected...you know there is age limit to joining the army? :fawk:

4. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

fucking idiot get out of this forum now, hell get out of this country

5. mike b.

mike b. New Member

Please DO NOT join my Army. I've taken a little time off after my deployments to Iraq, and Afghanistan, and I'm getting ready to reup, and I'd hate to see the likes of a worthless soldier like you sound like you'd be. There is a lot of money going into the restructure of the U.S. Army right now. As a matter of fact it's the largest restructure since WWII. Not to mention the G.I. Bill just got more money added to it for the troops. Another raise in effect coming up. Sounds to me like you don't even know enough about to military to say that you are going to join. You sir are not worth to money or time to even attemp to train.

6. C5Load

C5Load OT Resident UCLA fanatic

:rofl:

7. DaRkPhAnToM

plus we just got our life insurance raised tremendously too

8. Accord

Accord New Member

Go back to The Closet you fuckin pussy.

9. 2FWNC

2FWNC I'm a little bit special

Dude everyone chill, im talking about saving my ass for the real battle, even if we get a republican next president im still joining i am just training on my own time so I can train harder and more efficient. So when the time comes, and im a new recruit I can surpass any other new recruit, im just giving a general timelines, a new president is not a must, it just so happens thats how long I need to prepare. Have a cold one and go shoot an m4a1 at some Terrorists pls...

10. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

i've noticed one trend with all the people that complain about bush and yet still wanting to join the military: they're all fat and self-indulgent pricks that thinks they're too good for anyone around them.

i'm not in anyway hoping to deter you from joining the military. i just hope you join and then die in combat. and i'm also hoping that no one gives a shit about you dying rather than making your death into a matyr for undermining any military operation.

i don't even know what the point of your post is, are you rambling about how great you are? if so you're just a dick that's going to cry the hardest during boot. are you complaining about how bad the military has it? you're not even the military how do you even know how much money is spent on machines and bombs instead of units. why the fuck does that even matter to you? who the fuck do you think you are? you respect the rank and not the man.

11. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

I just do what im told.

12. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Part of the blowup over your initial post might be due to the fact that joining the military is (and should be) a decision that has zero basis in politics. As a member of the military, you are sworn to support and defend the constitution (even though you don't enjoy the same rights as civilians). You are also sworn to obey the orders of the President and officers appointed over you, as long as those orders don't conflict with the UCMJ. You don't get to pick and choose which president you serve under, or which of his policies or orders you will carry out.

I was fortunate enough to serve under President Reagan. But that only came after enduring the humiliation of serving under President Carter (a man I have a great deal of admiration for, but who was not a very good Commander In Chief). Some presidents will use the military like a finely honed sword (Reagon and Bush senior come quickly to mind). Others will see the military as a budget just waiting to be plundered, or as their playground for social experimentation.

But no matter what, your lot in life (once you swear the oath) is to follow your orders to the best of your ability. Your initial post in this thread reflected none of this reality that members of the military take as a given - as much as they expect to breath air while they sleep. So please forgive us for our kneejerk reaction, and try to understand where it comes from.

13. Accord

Accord New Member

fixed :bigthumb:.

14. evan2

evan2 Guest

lol WARS bring more money into the unit, depending on where you are im on a tiny base ofr 200 people and during the war they got all kinds of money

the reason I have such new equipment in my office is because of OIF funds..

shows what you know

15. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

During Clinton's presidency there were constant deployments... I had to deal with Haiti, Bosnia and Macedonia.

16. DaRkPhAnToM

:eek3:

Holy fucking shit its Captain Obvious

:ugh2:

17. Capitals

Capitals Guest

Jesus christ, I leave the main forum pissed off about someone posting that he just slept with some woman who has a fiance in Iraq, coming here to find somthing decent to read and get slapped in the face with this bullshit.

If you're not a fatass you can join. Being a "super recruit" isn't going to get you anywhere. You can hit the gym every single day, be capable of beating my ass twice over and I still wouldn't want you in my unit due to your additude.

The goal of boot isn't to "surpass any other new recruit", all that's going to do is get you killed by your DIs even more. Teamwork is and has always been the backbone of the Military.

18. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

Nothing gets by you sherlock

19. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

20. weweresoldiers

weweresoldiers New Member

Alright, ignoring the idiot who posted first on this forum, what should somebody do to prepare for military life?

21. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

you are in for a wake up call... :mamoru:

yeah, if you really think you wanna help for the "real battle" then join tomorow so you have as much training as possible