i'm going to cool it with the pua shit

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Jul 12, 2007.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

not in real life obviously, just in this forum.

i wanted to see how it appealed to a more mainstream internet audience. i do see. i'm moving on

i'll still offer my perspective but i'll curb the debating. i don't think it's productive and a lot of people here find debate pointless (which makes it pointless).

it is a little frustrating when somebody comes into this forum with the most fundamentally ignorant question about women.. coming from a scarcity mindset i can barely even remember.. and then gets a lot of totally naive responses. especially when there is such a wealth of informed advice available.

the mainstream understanding of dating... it limits itself to basic questions like do-i-call, do-i-pay, and where-do-i-go. most commonly, we hear should-i-go-for-it. should i go for it is a question that hasn't occurred to me for six months. for that reason i'm honestly a little concerned to be back here because i don't want this chode mentality to infect me... not that concerned of course or i wouldn't be posting this.

that's mainstream questions. mainstream advice? it is limited to horribly vague suggestions like "be confident", "be yourself", and "just have fun." either that, or the responses are stuck within the frame of basic questions: "call twice and then text five times", "never buy her dinner," "don't ever approach a girl who's with a guy."

you also see men who are clinging to terrible relationships because they have this scarcity mindset and don't see enough pussy available to leave their current crapper of a situation.

when you have transcended all of that shit and are worrying about things like LMR and emotional pacing, it kind of makes you want to tear your hair out for all these poor guys who are stuck in tiny mainstream mental cages.

this frustration sparks a lot of the argument you see from me in the vag.

unfortunately, i like all the people who have left the vag. viper may have become the faux-king of lady advice, but other than that i like what everybody here is doing. lauren is concise and intelligent, falconer always makes sense, etc. seeing matt sign out of the vag was kind of sad. i don't want to add to the stuff that made good people leave. not to mention all the fucking women gone...! sheesh.

i've also been a little disingenuous. sometimes i've been arguing to hone the accuracy of my ideas, but often i wanted to see how obstinately the average frustrated guy was set in his world view. back when pick-up was just a crazy idea in my mind, other peoples' disbelief would have affected my understanding, but once u get a taste of the success you can find.. BY the BOOK, no less.. your doubts dissolve permanently. so my apologies for the inaccuracy... sometimes i WAS just arguing to convince the other person.

i'd like to see if we can recreate whatever it was that attracted people like matt to this place. so i won't be proselytizing anymore. <3

2. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Even though I mostly just lurk around in here, I do have to stick my head up and say that the debate makes for some interesting topics to read. But I also agree that it'd be good to get some more people back in the Vag.

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

pua?

school me please, what is that?

4. PUA - Pick up artist.

5. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

PUA - Private Under Area

6. sportsjunkie

thank you

7. Your welcome, would you like a definition too?

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Interesting that you portray questions as fundamental as in obvious and that noone else in the entire world, except another PUA, has anything valid to say.

Surely you see the arrogance in this.
    lol...chodness is a disease dude...you better run before you catch it or teh gheys or teh aids. :run:
    I experienced a lot of the frustration you describe when dealing with alcoholics after I had a lot of time working the program of AA. Something so obvious to me was so troubling to them I just thought they were trying to annoy me.

However, it happened enough that I realized they weren't making my life hell or trying to piss me off. They were actually helping me take my recovery to the next levels. I mean when you know advanced things, it's easy to stay in an advanced mindset....it's sooo much more difficult to reach back and help someone else understand it in a non-threatening, non-condescending way. However, this reaching back has helped me in more ways that I can name.

I'm not a PUA and never care to be one so perhaps that last paragraph doesn't apply. It's just my experience moving from introductory to very advanced ideas of recovery. Perhaps it's the same with PUA stuff.
    You know, in AA we say it's a program of attraction rather than promotion.

That's pretty hard to do on a forum but rather than promote a certain idea, you can simply respond in accordance with the same and hopefully people will pick up on those things and ask you for additional advice.

9. sportsjunkie

I'm ok I think. I googled it :mamoru: thanks

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:bigthumb:

11. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

you are wise cracking

12. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

i would

13. Pick up artists have many different ideas they adhere to. Some like doc love want to go for marriage and having the best possible woman. Where as mystery is big on pick up of one night and sleeping with them, more or less speed seduction.

14. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

i see i see. thanks

/thread hijack