MIL I'm going in this morning

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TRN, Dec 13, 2008.

1. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

To make my platoon field day their barracks rooms on Saturday morning because they suck at cleaning.

They must have thought I was joking.... :hsugh::rofl:

Why is it so hard for people to take some pride in where they live?

2. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I'm about to open up some documents and start typing in a little bit. "Working Weekend"

3. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

I sure all the married guys will get a chuckle out of this

4. Julius

Julius Guest

hungover cleanup

5. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

it really got on my nerves in my last unit when i lived in the barracks to have some e6 down my throat for having trash in a trash can (? whats the point of a trash can that you have to take out every time theres a napkin in it?)

then you find yourself going to all these NCOs houses and they look like shit.

6. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

I'm all for keeping a clean room and all because thats the way I was raised...but the military...or the Marine Corps in particular takes that shit to a new level, thats just fucking RETARDED. And like the previous poster said...taking out the trash everyday is stupid. I was a E5 living alone and sometimes their would be nothing more than a napkin, or seomthing in there....yet not taking it out will get me chewed out...fuck al that nonsense.

7. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

i love how they would sit there and act completely disgusted like you were the nastiest person in the world if there was toothpaste in the sink.

Bitch you know there are urine stains under your toilet seat in your house, get off your fucking high horse. we're all grown ass men, here.

8. Texasboy

Texasboy OT Supporter

Yeah I hate the trash thing myself it could have 2 things in it but will still have to be taken out . I'm like the last person they check when it comes to inspections so normally by the time they get to my room they just wanna get it over and done with already

9. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

gonna be good to be in charge of my own shit again soon

10. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

i still remember the tme I had got off a 15 hour shift at ft. meade, went back to my barracks room, and got woken up by some jackoff MP e-7 who decided he was going to store a soldier in my room for the weekend.

"why is there trash in this trashcan, highspeed? I see you have a lot of beer in the fridge, get that shit outta here. why aren't you at work? blah blah hooah yadada yada highspeed, something soldier supertroop hooah shitbag"

took every ounce of willpower to keep from punching his ass. I started wedging a chair under my door when I was sleeping then because of the vast number of people who would root around in rooms while everyone was at work.

11. Julius

Julius Guest

i have a special hatred for these types of faggots - especially when it's during my weekend. i had some dumbfuck on CQ knock on my door at 0600 in the morning last saturday to inform me that we were going to have a GI party. that pretty much conjured up the response of "right, go get fucked faggot :greddy:"

12. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

The things I hit them on wasn't the usually 1 item of trash in the trash can or anything stupid.
    Some of these guys made no attempt to clean at all it looked like.

One Marine had two full bags of trash cleaned out of his room.

That and I made one of the LCpl's cry... :ugh:

I wasn't happy about having to be there on Sat. morning either, but I know for certain next week their shit will be locked on. :run:

13. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

That trash in the trashcan thing kept me from getting overnight liberty in A-school for 2 weeks after I was supposed to get it. Fucking shit was like 1/4 full. Just like everything else in the navy waste of fucking trashbags changing out a trashbag every morning before school even if there is only one thing in it.

14. Accord

Accord New Member

dude, you're back at Lejeune now? We got to meet up.

I was voluntold to buy a $10 toy and ride my 1098 to work on Friday and be in the Toys For Tots motorcycle ride :ugh:.

15. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

why even bother going in on saturday? you know that shits not going anywhere during the weekend, and even if they spend sunday cleaning then its straight for the workweek.

waste of YOUR time if you ask me. at some point you need to turn off.

16. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

The trash thing, just fucking empty it every week when you field day. What's so fucking hard about that? That way, it will be empty next morning for inspection. You don't have to empty it everyday.

17. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

that would make sense, wouldn't it?

my last units top and therefor, his senior NCOs had this pet peeve about trash though. he expected that shit to be empty all the time, which is the dumbest shit i've ever heard

18. Accord

Accord New Member

I love living off base so I don't have to deal with this crap. I still got a room in the barracks but I don't live there so I never field day it and my roommate is happy to pick up my slack and do it all because he gets the room to himself.

19. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

We had room inspections every day in school :(

20. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

hows it feeling to be partaking in a Marine Corps Reserve program :naughty:

21. Accord

Accord New Member

:hsd:

22. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Because in the past other Plt Sgt's have made the threat and never stood by their words so it was more or less a point that needed to be made.
    The Marines had gotten too slack and I had a laundry list of stuff to hit them on.

It worked though! Went through again on Friday with all the SNCO's in the company and all the rooms were locked on.

:bigthumb:

23. MadEmperor

MadEmperor meh OT Supporter

I was voluntold to do 8hrs of toys for tots at the mall yesterday... Weather was so shitty that I think we were the only ones there for a bit :hs: