SRS I'm getting really sick of this shit, I really am!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Apr 9, 2006.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

There are two issue that family keeps constantly bringing up at events, dinners, parties, get togethers, etc.

My family knows I have been single for god knows many years now. I am 25 and havent brought home any girl for them to meet, for..well....ever. I have had girlfriends, but just not serious enough to bring them home to mom and dad.

Last night, we were attending a function for my bro in laws graduation in getting his pilot license, and what do you know, sitting at the table with everyone (pppsssst everyone is married but me :hs:). The issue comes up once again, "so wheres your lady?" "Why are you still single?" "When are you going to find someone?" :rolleyes::hsugh: "Have you met any girls yet?" What am I to say to this? It's the same ol' shit every fuckin time we're out. I know it's getting depressing and reductant, every event we go to, whether its Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, weddings, whatever....Im always "the" one there alone, without a significant other. What am I to do? JESUS CHRIST :o Its not like Im not trying, but when they keep constantly reminding me about it, how do you think that makes me feel? :hs: Do they not think that times like Christmas, are tough for me for this very reason? :hsugh:

Also, the 2nd issue that seems to always arise every fuckin time is my body weight. I am 6'2, 175lbs. I know, yes I am skinny/very lean and could use another 20-25lbs. My family, always fuckin brings it up and do they honestly not think that I want to gain this weight? WTF...why the fuck do you think im working out for? On top of that taking supplements - whey proteins, etc (no roids). But it's my high metabolism that makes it near impossible, as I cant gain any weight by eating more. Trust me, I already eat a ton for such a lean guy. People just in general (not just family) always ask me, how I stay say thin when I eat so much. I suppose though, that could be seen as a compliment, am I right?

And then when my sister sees dumbells and workout equip. in my basement, she goes "you're working out? :hsugh: One of my sisters last night goes "are you trying to gain weight or something?" with this "uhh why" :hsugh:type look on her face, and I said "no why." Had I said yes, then they most likely would have just criticized me. I know Im fuckin skinny and it makes me very self cautious, why remind me every fuckin time? Because maybe Im the only unproportioned figure in the family? I fuckin know that Im a stick already! If it wasnt for my super high metab. I would have a much easier time gaining weight. I just dont get why they have to bring it up every fuckin time - gain weight, gain weight, gain weight...and everything with be alright.

Like last night, one of my sisters go "How much do you weigh again?" ...So I say it 175...then next thing you know, one of my bro in law goes "if you can get up to 200lbs by next year, it will be good." Uhhh, much easier said than done, how about lets start with 5lb increments first.:hsugh: Then next thing you know, another person at the table starts joining in the conversation "You're height is fine now you just have to start growing the other way." Next thing you know, my body weight becomes the major topic of discussion, and I'm just like OH MY GOD, have this stop please!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  2. the slowness

the slowness OT Supporter

man that blows but atleast you do have to lose any weight:hs::o

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Jakob, the problem is this. Your problems are 'rarities' , not so much the not having a gf, but being skinny in overweight land is like the saying ' in the land of the blind , one eye is king' , and because you are 25 and single everyone will start having questions about your 'sexual' preference.

My advice, make a HUGE BIG joke out of it all. Turn your disadvantage into an advantage, when people ask you why you are so skinny tell them you want to look like Jesus Christ, and at the question why you never had a gf, that you have discovered celibicy and are strictly married to the ways of the lord. The more rediculous reasons you can think of , the funnier it will be for you and your family, or outsiders that ask these kind of stingy questions.

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

i hear ya bro....i get that shit all the time. Why am i single/skinny? It's actually funny how we're bothered by the same problem. When this happens to me, i tend to get angry becuase I don't need to listen to their shit about this when I know it's happening. For the love of god, it's MY life/MY problem, and I'LL deal with it. Don't these people have their own problems to tend to? They really don't do any help when they embarrass me, and I guess they are all too stupid to realize that. And it really makes me want to reach across the table and smack the person who brings it up.

And dude, the worst part is that you just have to deal with it. Other than plain avoiding the situation, there is nothing you can do to put it off. If you try to change the subject at the dinner table, the assholes your with will realize what your trying to do and they will prevent the subject from being changed, and then they will see how uncomfortable the subject makes you, and then they will push the subject in your face even more. AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FAMILY? There is no way out, except meeting a girl and bringing here over....and even then the assholes at the dinner table will bombard you both with questions, thus making it both embarrasing and uncomfortable to the point where you realize you hate everyone. Sorry I can't help, but i'm in the same boat with you so any advice given to you will help me as well.

I'm 6', 150lbs.

5. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

That's odd. I have the same weight issue.. high metabolism.. my best guesstimate would be im about 5'10" and about 145-150. I have never come across any criticism for it, I like being skinny :big grin: I tried the whole working out thing before, to try to gain weight.. it worked.. I gained about 15-20lbs after about 6 months of training pretty regularly. But I came to the conclusion that it was way too much work for me. So I stopped. :big grin: You see like 80% of the population complaining about being overweight, why work hard to get there?

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I completely agree with the huge joke part. It usually embarrasses the heck out of whoever asked the question, and they tend to not ask again or for a long time (if you can come up with some really good answers). I've done it many times when people ask me why I haven't had any more children. The more ridiculous the answer, the better.

7. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

Bust out with "I date a stripper...and she's black."

And then bust out with "the skinnier I am, the bigger my dick looks."

8. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

There's always something. Always. I get people asking me, because I have 2 daughters, if I am going to "try again for a boy" like I am defective or something if I can't give birth to a son. LOL I get tired of saying " NOOOO, I am perfectly happy with my 2 little girls." 5 zillion times, but, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that huge a deal.
    Sometimes I mix it up and say something like "No, Boys scare the shit out of me." or something....but anyway, yeah, making light of it isn't a bad idea.
    OR, maybe at Thanksgiving you could jump up on the dinner table and SCREAM " FUCK OFF!!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!" and then casually go back to stuffing your face. That'd probably work too.

9. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

I would definitely go with the Thanksgiving suggestion :big grin:

10. JakobwithaK

Its near impossible to do, since this issue makes me very self cuatious to start with. Everywhere I go, every day Im out, this is always on my mind. Maybe if I wasnt so self cautious and didnt care so much about how I looked, then it would come easier. For instance, I have friends who are much skinner than me and yet they go up to girls and go about everyday life with nothing to hide. They will show their ribs and scrowny bones to anyone, they dont care. On the other hand I wont...but then again Im not super scrowny either.

11. JakobwithaK

God tell me about it. Every time I see outer family, first thing they bring up is to see how I look and ask if I had gained any weight. If its my aunts, they will ask their sister (my mom) if I gained any weight. And im not stupid, I can tell...why not just say it to my face?

They keep saying "gain 20lbs...you need 20lbs" and you will look better.:hsugh:

As far as bringing girls home...well thats another story. Frankly, Im a bit embarassed to be 25 and still living with the rents. I dont even ever tell that to the girls I meet. I want to move out very soon, but its not easy (a whole other story), parents over protective, etc etc. But like I have my dad here, where he has no manners at the table. He farts whenever and wherever he wants and as he pleases. Besides, hes always checking out young girls when we are out...so I dont need dad hitting on any of the girls I bring home.:o:ugh:

12. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

sorry to go all f & n here, but how many calories are you eating per day?

13. JakobwithaK

not sure, but I eat like a horse. Not much fat, lots of protein.

14. McFly

McFly New Member

6'2 and 175lbs is not skinny man. That's exactly what I am and I have never got the skinny thing from my friends and family. If you look at the BMI charts you are right in the normal section. It would probably take a ton of work to gain 5-10 pounds of muscle, that's just your body type, don't worry about it. Just tell them I feel good how I look and am happy with it. If they ask you why don't you work out, just say "why"?

But as far as the not having a girl thing at 25, I get that too, and I am 29. It is uncomfortable and can be embarrasing depending on who you are with when the topic is brought up. I just say I have not met the right girl worth my time yet. Plus you shouldn't have a serious relationship before 25 anyway so you are in perfect position. Just focus on your career and hobbies and interests, the girls will come to you...

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

You burn some number of calories a day. And no more than that.
    +
    You take in some number of calories a day. And no more than that.
    =
    If you take in more calories than you burn, you will gain weight.

Don't give me "I don't know how much I eat, but it's a lot." Go to fitday.com. Measure your food. You are eating a certain amount every day. Probably not even 3000 calories, which at 6"whatever, with working out, is just not enough.

I know you think you've done something good when you say this, but the last thing you should be doing, if you don't want to be skinny, is avoiding fat. Why? Fat is the fastest, easiest, tastiest and most efficient way to get calories. You get more cals from 1 gram of fat than from 1 gram of anything else. Certain kinds of fat are extremely good for your body, such as olive oil and other vegetable products.

In terms of diet: eat 1.5x your body weight in grams of protein, have your vitamins, and then fill up on fat and carbs until you are getting a meaningful number of calories every day. I gained 20 lbs by doing this over the course of five months, and I started out weighing 139. At 175, you can probably gain 30 lbs or more. I promise. I was like you before. I kept complaining about how my metabolism was too fast for me to gain mass. People told me I ate like a pig but never got big. Well, this is why.

16. darnit

darnit New Member

So YOU do have a problem!!!
    The real problem is you let it bother you. And as well you dont stand up for yourself.
    Ill give you a personal example. My mother HATES tattoo's. I have.. you guessed it.. quite a few Tat's. She got on my case about it, I just smiled about it. She kept on, I just kind of laughed. When I was younger, I would have let it bother me. But I even got sick of hearing her bitching, so I pulled her to the side and wispered"mother, I love you, I always will. But if you dont lay off of me and let me live my own life, you will never see me again. I like tattoo's , will get more, and thier is nothing your going to say or do to change the way I feel. So if you really want me to stick around, then lets not focus on the things you dont like in my life. Because I sure dont focus on the things I dont like in yours"

It was all cool after that.

If your happy the way you are, then be happy, tell them your happy, and remind them of how they are not perfect.
    But really, it starts within YOU.

17. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Not to say your wrong, because your not, but a tattoo is totally different than what is being discussed. This is about getting people to get off your case about your life, not your tattoo.

18. teo

teo . => ? => !

Get a shirt tastefully printed with the following information:

1. Yes, I'm still single. I haven't found the right girl yet. Thanks for asking.
    2. Yes, I'm still skinny. I like my body as it is. Thanks for asking.

When people ask why you got the shirt printed, tell them it's because they ask the same questions every time you see them and you thought you'd save the time for some more interesting conversation topics (hint, hint).

19. MudFlap

MudFlap Guest

Tell them that you are gay that will shut them up really quick.

20. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Jakob, love, support and believe in yourself. If you did those 3 things completely then you wouldn't care what other people think of you. You are your own judge,jury and executor. There are 6 billion people who all think different about you, you can't possibly satisfy them all, so why don't you give that up, and start defining yourself and who you want to be for a change, its your life, you take back the power into your own hands, and be in charge of your own life for a change.

21. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

there jelious.

most people have to worry about losing weight. Also my grandma use to visit us and say "do you have a girl friend" my bro once said (jokingly and in a gay voice) "no grandma i have a silly boy friend that dresses up as a police officer for fun"

22. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Buddy, I have the same issue as you, I'm 20, skinny, never worked out, but try to, parents pushing me into that direction too. Also parents keep reminding me, oh why dont you bring someone over, why didn't you have a GF...blablabla. STFU already!!!!

My mom is scared that I might be gay too, what bullshit..

23. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

ROFL!!! What did the grandma say?

24. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

she laughed.

25. JakobwithaK

To me it is, I want to be more evely proportioned at around 185-190. I should be at least that.