I'm getting closer

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by busydoingnothing, Oct 28, 2007.

1. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Dig this...I actually talked to some girls at some bars this past week :wiggle: I went to this show Monday night and talked to the bartender for a bit about the Pixies, then to a couple other girls after the show during karaoke. I did karaoke again on Thursday and talked to another girl. I thought we really hit it off (we were shaking hands for about a minute then sat there talking while still holding hands). I even went to a goth club and...danced. Of all things in my entire life I said I would never do, dancing is one of them. This is very significant.

Anyhow, I got one of the girl's Myspace from Monday and sent her a message (telling her I'd like to take her out sometime) and got no reply. I called the girl from Thursday on Friday to see if she wanted to meet up...no answer, left voicemail, no reply.

So here's my question. What can I expect as a success rate after actually getting these girls' numbers? How soon after should I call them, and how many times should I call without getting a call back? Is it common for these girls to give out their numbers with no intension of answering your call?

2. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Congrats!

It's amazing when you start to have this paradigm shift about interactions and how easy they are to enter into.

You'll have great nights (better than these!) but you'll also have worse nights. You learn from them. They'll hurt at times, but it's a lot better than sitting at home on the computer.

Women flake a lot, especially when you're beginning to consistently get numbers. They have a very upbeat, energetic, happy emotional state when they're out at night.

When you call back they're back into midday mode. They're bored, have shit to do, and the last thing they want to do is make plans.

It's nothing against you personally. The timing, what to say during the callback, and how to gear the interaction the night you meet will all evolve with experience.

A lot of dudes get a dozen numbers a weekend and maybe one will agree to go out. That's just how it is if you're playing the numbers game.

But go out consistently and maybe you'll get half the girls to pick up or call back. Then 3 will want to go out.

Get better and half will go out. Once it becomes second nature and super natural to you most interactions you have can lead to a date if you want.

3. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

As for callbacks, I text the night of. If I get a text back, cool. Gets her comfortable with associating her phone to you -- and makes sure she has you # for when you call!

If you call the next day you'll 95% of the time get the machine -- that's good, that's what you want.

LEAVE A VOICEMAIL! Don't worry about what to say. Worry about that later. But it's annoying to see a missed call without a message.

If she doesn't call back, no big deal. Wait a couple days and call again. If she doesn't return the call, then forget about her.

It's such a small deal.

Everyone has their own view on the whole "phone game" shit. As long as you're doing something with the numbers you'll learn what works for you through experience.

4. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

I have never called a guy back that I have given my number to, if that answers your question. I chicken out and assume that they are only interested in sex, which I'm usually not interested in (one night stands, that is). I also convince myself that they had beer goggles on and wont risk meeting them in daylight and being rejected. Yadda yadda... bars are a good way to get laid THE NIGHT OF, it's much harder if you wait to close the deal the next day. Does that make sense? It's easier when we are tipsy and are less inhibited and not thinking like girls:)

I'm sure it will happen though, and you might have to keep trying, and if you want sex... close the deal when you're holding hands with them, yo!

;)

DA