GUN I'm getting a bow on Tuesday!!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrbill, Mar 11, 2004.

1. mrbill

mrbill New Member

:wiggle:

I went to a shop on Friday just to ask a few questions on how much it would cost to get started. I expected to spend maybe 15 minutes there. I left over 90min later and only cuz I had somewhere to be. Everyone there, the owner, and customers all were very helpful and cool. We talked about all kinds of stuff. From bows to scopes to guns to reloading to gun safes to the first guns we ever owned/shot. It was the kind of place you walk into and you just feel like you belong and everyone there has known you for years. While I was there, a guy said he had a setup he'd sell me for $200. Pretty much everything I'd need(except a release). I called in a favor to a bud of mine and he's gonna loan me the money. Talked to the seller tonight and I get it on Tuesday. He's gonna meet me at the shop and spend the time to get it properly adjusted for me. He's selling it only for what he has put into it and is doing as a favor to me to help me get into archery. Oh and in case you're wondering, he is a competitive target shooter with two state titles.

2. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Matthews > Bows

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i need to get my bow out and practice. it's been a long time since it's been used. nearly two years, i recon.

4. mrbill

mrbill New Member

you can do eeeeeet!

5. mrbill

mrbill New Member

only two days away now. i'm starting to get excited. i keep day dreaming about using/hunting/just having it. i will most certainly post pics for all of my arsenal brethren. wooohooo, i'm gettin a bow :wiggle:

6. YourAdHere

YourAdHere Guest

:werd:

7. mrbill

mrbill New Member

well folks, here it is! yay!!

[​IMG]

8. Furner

Furner New Member

wow, very nice mrbill, and you cant beat the price either!

9. mrbill

mrbill New Member

i know. i was just going in to find out how much i'd need to save up. when the guy offered me the deal, i knew i'd find the money somehow. it was just too good to pass up. he said he wasn't trying to sell it, just that he'd do it to help me. he was really cool. we spent another 90 min today. after he got it adjusted for me, he gave me some tips on shooting and even made some adjustments to the sight for me. it's still off, but it's gonna take time to get it completely dialed in.

10. mrbill

mrbill New Member

:wtc: only furner cares:wtc:

11. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Looks like you got a great deal :bigthumb: I need to get a new bow this year, haven't gotten to bow hunt in years

12. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

If you think people at bow shops are cool wait till you go to a range. Around here in Socal there are a few and the people are all really cool. I too need to break out the old bow and get back in the habit, its been far too long. Shit, I even forgot about the Oneida thats sitting in the garage waiting to be set up.