SRS I'm generally happy but I still have a problem

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Timdog, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Timdog

Timdog New Member

I seem to get completely absorbed and obsessed with the things that I do. I guess you could say I have an addictive personality. But if I start out a new hobby, soon it turns into an obsession. And I'm embarrased to admit this, but it also turns into me having impossible dreams like becoming the best in the world at a sport, becoming a great director, etc. I don't know where this comes from, but it's happened for most of my life. Anyone care to help?

Like I said, I am happy in general, have friends, do the things I want, etc. but this is just bothering me. Sometimes I feel like I should just go for one of those dreams with everything I've got, but I usually realize that it's completely impossible.

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

maybe you should be a venture capitalist.

if you see the grand scheme of things all the time when you look at a hobby, then maybe you can apply that ability to see potential in others.

3. Timdog

Timdog New Member

I had no idea what a venture capitalist was, but I googled it and it does seem interesting. Looks like it takes quite a bit before you can actually become one though (need some money to start off).

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

The only thing wrong with you is you're using the word "impossible". It's one thing to be an unbridled idealist who thinks all things are possible, it's another be a realist who has his eyes closed.

5. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Sounds like you're a pretty normal person to me.

6. Timdog

Timdog New Member

I guess that's my main problem, I find it hard to find a good balance between the two. Oh well, guess I'll just keep trying.