SRS Im freaking out man...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DOBERMAN, Nov 5, 2007.

1. DOBERMAN

DOBERMAN New Member

Long story short:

Had unprotected sex with a couple of chicks a couple of years back, but I didnt take the actual STD test until about a year later (came back negative :bowdown:). I think that during that year I fucked my head up real bad thinking that something might be wrong with me so that now everytime I sneeze, I think Im going to die :ugh::ugh::ugh:

I seriously dont know how to get over this crap but I really need to figure something out because its destroying my nerves :wtc:

2. kiri

kiri New Member

if the test came back negative... what are you worrying about? :dunno:

3. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

jeez. were you raised in a christian school or something? the ones that can kill you usually have symptoms you would notice, and only a handful of the ones you would ever get are actually incurable (HIV), and almost all of them are treatable.

HPV, herpes, you would be likely to notice symptoms. They are not fatal to you.

Clam, get tested. It's curable. HIV, get tested. It's treatable. Hep B., fool you probably have the vaccine already.

Syphilis, if you somehow in some crazy insane turn of very rare, very bad luck contracted it, is also curable if you contract it.

Just go get tested once in a while when you want to make sure you're clear, and also so that if you're NOT clear you can take action to make sure it doesn't affect your life.

You know what's ridiculous - 50% of people have herpes 2, and MOST people have herpes 1, and yet everyone is freaking about it. Herpes might as well be part of the gene pool at this point. I probably have herpes 1. I don't have herpes 2 but if I did... :dunno: Would I FREAK OUT because I found out I had a permanent resistance to one strain of the flu? These things are made SCARY by shitty sex ed programs in order to stop you from ahving sex, but IMO, FEAR does not help anyone deal with any of this in a practical way.

4. DOBERMAN

DOBERMAN New Member

I know I shouldn't be worried, but I am :o

5. DOBERMAN

DOBERMAN New Member

I completely agree with you and I have the same mentality towards a lot of other things in life and even had the same attitude towards this matter in the past.

I need to see a psych or something :noes:

6. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny I Doubt It

I went through this man and all I can say is do something to take your mind off it and give it some time. I went through six months of examining my dick every time I pissed in fear of finding some open sore or something. I just eventually realized I really was clean and needed to stop worrying about it.

Goodluck :hs:

7. 2500

2500 Guest

thats how my anxiety and hypochondria started. started with a cyst in my eye, and, it freaked me out. from that point on, every little thing i feel, i make into the worst imaginable disease. i went into a great deal of debt from dozens of tests, etc. trust me, don't let it get the best of you, because once you sensitize your mind to freak about little things, its really hard turning back. just get tested, and understand everyone sneezes.

8. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

It's probably what you should be doing, for real. A lot of the people who keep going again and again should see a psychologist. I know it sucks, but it's better than being irritated by this.