SRS I'm Freaking Out Here

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Menso, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Menso

Menso New Member

So, I work @ FedEx now as a package handler and the opportunity to work @ Lockheed Martin has presented itself to me through my friends father who works there.

Problem is I have to make a resume and I have no idea how to make one, or even make it look decent considering I just graduated in June and have just been working at FedEx ever since. HOW THE FUCK DO I EVEN MAKE IT LOOK HALFWAY DECENT?

:wtc:

I'm a failure @ life and I need help on what to include.

HALP PLZ

2. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

there are typical formats depending what job field you're interested in, so search online for examples that match your position. personally I like to add a little bit of originality in the design of my resume just so it doesn't look so plain, but if you do be subtle. If you go overboard it could work against you. since you don't have much time or know much about it I'd recommend sticking to a standard format.

edit: i think you'd get more responses if this were posted in on-topic

3. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I work for fedex as a package handler, dude what are you doing go for it! I don't want to make it a career there, but this shit is not something you're going to want to do for even a few years. I am going to jump at any opportunity that is decent while I work here, even if FedEX is a great company.

4. Menso

Menso New Member

I hear you man, this is not something I want to even be doing for the next few months. The hours are really shitty and I don't get enough, the main reasons why I want to leave.

But what the fuck, I only have my current employer and to say I have my high school diploma on my resume.

I'm so fucked.

5. walkingongreen

walkingongreen New Member

wow what a great opportunity for you. I am also stuck in the situation of sucking at building my resume. But i do think that careerbuilder.com has an resume builder application. There are different kinds of layouts and designs to choose from. Now u can really personalize your resume and they have the tools to do so. But keep it simple and short. My dad use to work for Lockheed Martin and he loved it. So good luck to u and u will do fine.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

ah just go for it, losing a menial job @ fedex isn't bad. Saying your Working for Lockheed martin makes everyone's ears go up :coold:

7. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

8. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

im pretty sure Microsoft Word has a few different resume templates, just pick one.

9. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Sounds like you need a psychiatrist more than anything :hsugh: Stop whining and acting like a baby over this, you are making way to big of a deal over it. You're just a kid, they don't expect you to have some huge resume. A few minutes on google will bring up plenty of different resume formats for kids who just graduated. You could have saved yourself a lot of stress if you just looked this up in the first place instead of crying over it and saying you're fucked. You aren't the only kid in the world who has had to make a resume with little experience.

10. .Blackbird

.Blackbird New Member

What job would you be going for at LM?
    Knowing someone that works there is a definate plus...

I have a HS diploma and a bit of work exp... I recently started working at LM a few months ago.

11. Menso

Menso New Member

What do you do there?

Totally forgot I made this, lul.

I actually managed to get through this resume business as best I could, had a few people look at it to tell me what they thought of it then submitted it. My friends father works there and submitted my resume for me and recommended me, I guess. But, I got hired and I'm resetting passwords for people's accounts apparently :rofl:

But with full benefits and them paying for my schooling, it sure beats the graveshift @ FedEx Ground, for sure.

12. limsoup

limsoup OT Supporter

nice dude!

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Do you have microsoft word? There are resume templates on there that'll do fine.

14. Redneck Shinobi

Awsome dude congrats. I want to get out of it too. I enjoy the people, but the work is tiring.

15. Menso

Menso New Member

Thanks for the congrats, guys.

And I know what you mean. The people I work with are cool, but $220 a week doesn't cut it, and it doesn't help that sometimes I barely scrape by with almost less than 25 hours a week for hustling and busting my ass more than we should have to.

How many trucks do they have you loading there?

16. Redneck Shinobi

I work the AM so I don't really load trucks. If you mean the demi's and such then we do a lot. I'm not sure how many it is, but our 3 man team usually does about 5-6 on average and that's only international, with usually 3 for domestic. and thats with like 20 something people lol... It's tough work, that's for sure. Then Post sort I am usually doing an area where I have to build skids for the Island lol. Next week I think I'm clearing catwalk which is easy lol. I had to work a few PM shifts this week to pay for my gf's purchase in China, and had to offload lol, it wasn't to bad though.

I hope you get to move up that company though, I bet it's easier work, I'm trying to get another job out here too lol.