SRS I'm feeling so homesick right now

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kirk Hinrich, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

6 weeks into college, havent been home yet, and all of the sudden this homesick feeling hit me like a fucking ton of bricks.

I've met some really good friends here, having a great time, schools going well, but for some reason tonight I'm really missing home. It's bothering me so much I cant concentrate enogh to write the paper I stayed in to work on. This sucks. :wtc:

2. krista

krista New Member

The same thing happened to me my freshman year (junior now). Moving away from home is a huge change..it might take you more than 6 weeks to adjust. Keeping really busy helped me..it sounds like you're doing that already. The longer you have with your new friends helps also, they became a second family to me. The good thing about moving away (for me anyway) is that it makes holidays and other time at home that much more special. Keep your head up..things will get better.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

4. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

Yeah all my buds came home last night from the party, I felt a hell of a lot better once they were there, they are like my brothers now. I shouldve jsut gone out with em because I got no work done.

5. dubbinbudd

dubbinbudd New Member

Sack it up.