COMIC I'm done with marvel after Civil War

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by void, Aug 15, 2006.

1. void

void oh yeah?

Right now I've got about 10 marvel 616 books on my pull list. I like the little tie-ins, they've got me on that.

The x-men civil war arc sucks. I'm done with incredible hulk after planet hulk. I'm done with uncanny after the 12 issue brubaker Vulcan run. I'm not even buying anhilation run, since the mini-series so far has been downloadble at least. I'll stick around with amazing spider-man for a few arcs after civil war, just to see what they do with him unmasked. ms marvel's been a bore, but i like the civil war tie ins with wonder boy, julie carpenter, and arana. she hulk is the same, i love the greg horn covers...but the book started off awesome and has been a downhill drudge ever since. I guess daredevil's the exception, since they've done so much with the guy...it's been hard not to pick up on the entire run since the reset.

Cable and Deadpool is my favorite marvel book, and from what i've been hearing...they struggle from arc to arc ready to be cancelled. Outside of wolverine, new avengers, x-factor (until peter david leaves), punisher max, and maybe astonishing x-men; i do beleive i'm done with the marvel U.

Not so say i'm dropping out of comics, i'll hang with the ultimate universe with ultimate x-men and the ultimates. Vertigo still has me hooked on fables. I'm sticking around with Ex Machina until the end, and image has me on invincible, walking dead, and fear agent.

I guess the main thing is the money i'm spending isn't worth the arcs in the marvel U. :hs:

2. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

the end of an era. Please leave.

j/k, I barely read comics, I'm in it for the action figures :coolugh:

3. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

oh yea you bastard, did you get the comics?

4. void

void oh yeah?

i though people were also thinking on my wavelength :hs:

read the cival war thread :fawk:

5. void

void oh yeah?

you didn't even read all that :squint:

6. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

no, I agree, most of the Tie-ins suck.

I'm talking about the damn comics I mailed you.

7. void

void oh yeah?

read the civil war thread you :fawk: :eek5: non-post reading punkass :o

8. void

void oh yeah?

yes, i'm drunk....about to hit up the marvel pics thread :o

9. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

10. void

void oh yeah?

yes, no you must inform me if you find anything else...because i'll buy it :o

now hit up the pic thread :hs:

11. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

not me. It's marvel and image all the way. well, and a few other indies. Only dc I buy is 52, which is meh, but I'll ride it till the end.

12. void

void oh yeah?

well maybe i'll pick up the mighty avengers...except if tony's going to be leading it :o

13. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I can't wait for my damn thor title to come back :hsd:

14. newjerseydude

newjerseydude New Member

i am so NOT done with marvel... after getting on axio's site and getting all the "Amazing Spiderman", i'll be busy for a LONG time

15. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

I used to read Marvel as a kid and got hooked on X-Men, Spider-Man, and Ghost Rider pretty much, but I never got to buy much except for anything drawn by Bagley that caught my eye. I didn't really start buying comics til about a year after Ultimate X-Men was out, at which I bought all the backissues of that and Ultimate Spider-Man and was hooked on Ultimate ever since (in fact, my friend sold me on the Bagley art in USM, since I pretty much stopped picking up random comics when he left Spider-Man).

Pretty much the only stuff I've gotten in the main Marvel U is New Avengers, but nothing much before that. I'm a whore for anything Ghost Rider, and I always thought Moon Knight was cool. Those, plus the great Extremis arc of Iron Man are what my core Marvel is. Oh, and I forgot to mention that if I'm a whore for GR, I'm a ...sluttier whore... for Silver Surfer.

But it's sad to hear that about Marvel Mr. Void. IMO, DC has been better than Marvel as a whole for a good 2 years, but since IC, Marvel has picked up the slack and DC has slacked off. So to me, it sounds like the comic industry (mainstream) is plummeting as a whole. Evidence? Ultimate Wolverine mini-series. Nuff said.

16. void

void oh yeah?

i'm sticking around for the ultimate U :bigthumb:

i'm just dropping all these bullshit titles i've sucked myself into buying

17. Bobbot

They're setting themselves up pretty fine in the UU (is that a kosher abbreviation?) USM coming to a climax and maybe more to come after that; UFF just getting better and better; UXM is ...getting Cable...(wasn't that a Liefeld creation? WTF are they thinking? Are they gonna un-Liefeldize him?). But Daredevil and Moon Knight are looking like they've got big roles coming up! And there's so much more that's left untouched.

The UU is like riding a virgin very very slowly and savoring every month of it.

18. void

void oh yeah?

i hope they don't butcher cable...but i also hope they don't go bonkers liefeld and have him as some crazy messiah from the future. maybe a clone created from jean and scott to take out a bigger threat (like nate grey from AoA).

19. Bobbot

Hmm, now that you say that kinda stuff about him, I kinda have hope now. I also remember the original vision of Ultimate, so they CAN'T do Liefeld ever, right?

20. void

void oh yeah?

jesus fucking christ i hope not

21. Bobbot

I figure the day they do Liefeld, I'll already be done with comics. Marvel is too invested in Ultimate to throw it away already.

On another thought, how much shame is Liefeld able to shrug off? I mean, he still has work! What is he doing right?

22. void

void oh yeah?

but they can't...almost every big entry into the MUU has been something believeable...i don't think they'll fuck up cable

23. Bobbot

It's so hard for me to believe that, just because it has Liefeld stink all over it. But I guess it's like a psychological fear. I'm gonna have to immerse myself in it if I'm to get over it.

24. Ando

Ando CDN Member

i'm hoping for and ultimate silver surfer soon. but the writters and going to have to salvage what Ellis left behind in ultimate galactus. the 3rd and final book was a thurough let-down for me.

"the reason why galactus is here is because he truly hates life!" Wow! that's clever! and how they got rid of him was just silly, so was the idea of galactus being a collective of machines that looked exactly like the drones in the matrix.

and multiple silver surfers? that were easily killed or dismembered? the silver surfer is supposed to be close to a god.

25. Bobbot

I actually thought using the baby universe to focus a big bang against Gah Lak Tus was a nifty idea, plus it incorporated continuity from UFF with the N-Zone arc. The rationalization of the 20% damage and running from harm seemed sound too.

However, I do think what they did with Silver Surfer was weak. But I think within 2 years, they'll expand into the cosmic realm of the Ultimate universe with Captain Marvel if they choose to feature him in an arc of Ultimates or UFF. I hope they can ret-con Silver Surfer in a tasteful way, too.