SRS I'm done with dating and even trying to meet women.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GlassJoe, Jul 26, 2005.

1. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I'm sick of being lied to and I'm sick of being hurt over and over again. I would rather spend the rest of my life alone.

2. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

I would offer some advice and great words of wisdom, but 1. I suck at it and 2. I'm in the same boat.....:hug:

3. Spiral Out

Spiral Out Active Member

I;ve been single for the past 5 years and for the most part like it. I do miss some aspects of the dating game though. Overall, I like only worrying about myself and not having to call or worry about what another person thinks...

4. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

I've been single for the past 2 years and honestly, I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Sure I've dated alot and had my fun, but now I just wish I had someone to share life's experiences with. But my last relationship left me with many scars and I don't want to endure that pain ever again.

5. ffunderfire

ffunderfire New Member

It happens. Just got to press on. Take it as a Lesson learned and move on.

6. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

i've been single for years as well and don't really mind it.

I'd like a relationship but younger women, by and large, are trashy and self centered. They want to be flattered like a puppy. Forget that... I'll wait till I mature and they mature to where we interact on higher, less needy levels.

7. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I've taken too many lessons. Every girl I've ever met has fucked me over and kicked me to the curb. I'm done.

8. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

treat them like shit. it works.

9. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I agree 100%. I'm never getting married again, that's for sure.

10. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I'm not playing anymore of these stupid games.

11. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Your special someone comes into your life when 1. you least expect it, and 2. when you aren't looking for it.

:hug:

12. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I honestly don't care right now if she ever comes along or not.

13. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Heh. That's how I met my ex-wife-to-be. I can't speak for anybody else, but your adage isn't necessarily a good thing, IMO.

14. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Im sorry to hear you had yet another bad encounter. The more you want in life, the more troubles you get. Maby you are expecting things from life that just aren't there , IMO you should lower your expectations to a more realistical level. And put love and light into other people's lives and helping them out to rise on a more appreciating level in a relationship.

15. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

ive gone through that stage man, it will pass and im sure you will find someone wonderful in the future, just stay single for a little while and figure out what you want

you can't be happy with someone else, until you are happy being by yourself

16. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I don't ask for much. I'm just looking for a nice girl to date who shares some of my interest and won't play these stupid bullshit games. I've just about convinced myself that none of those girls exist.

17. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Then don't play it.

Look...you're bound to interact with many women over the course of your lifetime. Very hard to avoid when 50% of the population is female (might even be more then 50% last I heard). Try to stop looking at women like potential girlfriends/wives/lovers and just treat them as you would any friend.

Some will end up being good friends. The women friends are the ones you learn pretty inciteful stuff....unless you hang around mom all your life, where else do you get the female perspective from?

One day, that girl will come along who doesn't want to play games too. Then nature will take its course.

Don't think they exist? I just heard your exact situation from a girl friend last night who complained about the same situation when she fell for a guy who only recently revealed he had a GF and a kid. She's pretty tired of games too....

I grew tired of games myself some time back. My advice, just tell it like you feel it, let your heart guide you...when you feel ready again someday, then you take your chances again and go for it. You want an honest girl....be honest to her.

18. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I've never been anything but honest, polite, and considerate to every girl I've ever dated. They all just feel the need to shit on me for some reason.

19. Toasty

Then you need to adjust your sights a bit... identify the characteristics that somehow lead you to the same type of girls that are cheaters.

My girl friend last night said the same thing....4 of the last guys she met all turned out to be married or have GFs.

So if there's a pattern...identify it. Or, the next time you start feeling like you can take an interest in a girl...let her know this concern. She'll tell you the flat truth if the relationship is still without heartfelt commitment.

20. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I'm just tired of fucking with it. It's not worth the effort and it's not worth getting hurt over. I'd rather just be alone.

21. Toasty

Good. Then maybe that's where you need to be for a while.

22. johan

johan Active Member

Yup. Want to be alone? Be alone. It's good medicine.

23. Then identify what the problem is, accept it, and work to change it.

Your problem is that you put all of the blame on the girls that you have dated. Even if (and this is assuming ALOT) they were the cause of every single one of your eventual break-ups, YOU are the one who chose to be involved with them, and ultimately YOU are the one who got yourself into a situation to be shit upon.

Take a good hard honest look at yourself. Even a total egomaniac has to agree that they have some faults. Identify what yours are, I'm guessing that relationships with women is going to be high on that list. Now accept that you are obviously a bad judge of women that you would like to be in a relationship with. What types of women are you attracted to? Is there a (negative) pattern in your choices? Once you've identified and accepted your own fault, it will be easier for you to avoid it in the future.

I know that this sounds a bit harsh, but think of it as a slap in the face that is trying to get you to realize that you are in control of your destiny. You are the only person that is going to make you happy. Once you are happy and content with yourself, then it will be much easier for someone else to love you, and hopefully they won't shit on you this time.

24. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Consider homosexuality.

25. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

:ugh: