SRS I'm depressed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TangyZizzle, Mar 3, 2009.

1. TangyZizzle

TangyZizzle Guest

It's affecting every aspect of my life. I wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep, repeat. I don't go out. I don't talk to my friends anymore. I'm in sales, commission pay. I haven't made any money in 2 weeks. I've lost all motivation. My grandmother, who I was very close to, died last month. My dad is a mess, depressed, just lost his job, mother & wife, in turn this makes me even more depressed

i dont know what to do anymore.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Depression is a hard problem to tackle, what you basically need is someone who will stick out a hand and drag you out of the swamp of depression that you are sinking more and more in.

The Asylum is such a place, however although we can guide you winning the war is up to you.

Life is easy in another way from another point of view, and depression is basically a voice saying 'you are doing something wrong in your life that is making you unhappy'

And usually its the way 'how' you approuch things.

I also had a period of depression and tried to commit suicide, but when i was crying while holding that rope into my hands to hang myself i felt an immense strong feeling saying 'this is not the way how to deal with problems, this is just an easy way out ,its a false door that only leads to more misery i was swallowed up with my life looking inward that i didn't even notice how much it would hurt my family and loved ones if i was gone.

And there you have it, imagine if you had died instead of your grandmother. Would you be happy to see her and the rest of your family in agony,pain, grieving for many many years in despair because you died, or would you like to see them to be happy as can be and live their lives to the fullest? Of course you want them to be happy, so instead of dying for your grandmother start LIVING FOR HER!

Yes life in itself is messed up beyond belief on a daily basis you hear misery everywhere, everyone is negative, the news is always bad. BUT does this mean we accept our situation, stand by and do nothing? Should I or you or anyone continuesly be miserable because every second 6 babies die somewhere on the planet? No Sir! , its opposite exactly because there is so much misery we should live our lives even more to the fullest.

I thought before that life was supposed to make me happy, i had sorta this idea of it being a hotel where roomservice would come whenever i belled and people would keep me company and would do everything to make me happy.

Unfortunatly life does not work that way, becoming more mature i know that life is what you make of it, and that there's nothing magical about it.

So in other words if you want to become happy you will have to pull your hands out of your sleeves to earn it.

You see anything that you want in or from life will require an investment of effort, you cannot harvest if you never took an effort to put seeds into the ground in the first place. Or in other words without effort nothing can be achieved.

So If you don't want to be lonely you have to step towards the right people. And in order to escape a path of loneliness, you have no choice but to work hard and make your own path.

If you are in a rut and stuck with your life, you need to give it a swing in a new and positive direction by carving a new path with your own power.

Do not expect leperchauns to appear and solve your issues, do not wait, be the dictator of your own life and take the situation in your own hands.

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

If change was just a thought, then anyone could do it. But reality is that you can't just sit around feeling miserable for yourself and the situation you are in while being punched in the face by the reality of life. Those thoughts of change, can't become real if you just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, if you want to change then why would you stay in a state of paralyzation? If that happens it means you do not want to change, you are simply waiting for the world and people to change around you as you see fit, therefore

Without walking, there's no way to move forward, you'll just end up waiting.

Start making an effort every day to put something new into your life, if you enjoy it add that to your life and repeat it each week, if you find something else to do that you really enjoy add that and repeat it each week, and keep adding things that you really love and enjoy to do, and then at one point the enjoyable things will outweigh the misery.

Stop watching the news, all the misery in the world is collected by journalist, who then pound it thru a tube or newspaper into your face. Don't believe doomsayers any more. In order to achieve anything in life a positive attitude is required.

There is no failure except in no longer trying.There is no honour in giving up. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our inherent weakness of purpose.

Don't blame your parents. Don't blame god. You are responsible for who you are. If you want to change who you are, fucking do it. Blaming your genes or your invisible friend and continuing to live the lifestyle you hate will get you nowhere. Accept that you dug the hole you are in, now you've gotta pull yourself out of it if that is indeed what you want to do.

Persistance is the key to succes
    While Lazyness is the cause of failures.

There is only one solution, and its internal. Nothing outside of yourself can solve your problems for you.
    Stop running, and face your problems. They arent nearly as hard when you're fighting them as when you're running from them.

Stay out of the way of other depressed people they'll only make you feel more miserable, but remember the meaning of life is to love and to help other people, this will bring hope,light and a reason to live into their lives.

Go help your father with all kinds of things, that would make him more happier and you'll become more happier if he is happy.

Instead of doing nothing after work, do meaningfull things and stay active, paint the house, raise a garden anything that will get you out of the gray mill of everyday and doing things that are constructive and make you happy are just fine. Volenteer help other people.

Look , we have a saying here that 'if there is no work i'll make/create work'
    Instead of sitting helpless like a little bird in a cage go help your father find a new job regardless of what sacrifice it takes.

Moreover you have to consider yourself like a salmon, going against the negative current of the river of life, and the goal to reach the finish that is up the mountain, if the salmon goes up a waterfall that is too high and which it can't reach, then it rests for a while and tries again, yet it never gives up.

You also should NEVER give up and ALWAYS go for gold in your life.

Your life is in your hands its up to you to save yourself.

3. TangyZizzle

TangyZizzle Guest

i quit my job

4. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

what are you planning on doing next?

5. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

Go join the Army. :dunno:

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Great, so he can mix PTSD with his depression.

7. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

Or he could end up gaining some confidence, life experience, and marketable job skills without going thousands of dollars in debt to attend college. He also would not have bills of any type to worry about, including food. He would also have all of his college, and rent paid for, for 3+ years after discharge. Not to mention the value of VA benefits like confirmed home loans.

Or he could get shot in the face / wind up horribly maimed and mentaly broken.

Either way, I think the option deserves a lot more serious consideration than your quip gives it.

8. Julius

Julius Guest

The military can work wonders, but it's exclusively what you make of it.

Yeah, because everyone in the army is bound to have it :hsugh:

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

No, not everyone in the Army is bound to have it, but armed combat to the death does tend to induce PTSD, especially in the theatres we're fighting in now. I just don't think that's a good thing to mix with depressive tendencies.