SRS Im depressed about my love life or lack there of

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Nov 10, 2007.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

This has become a complete emotional distress with me now. My family is wondering why I dont have a GF and havent in god knows how many years (actual relationships that is...girls that I can actually introduce to my folks, one night stands dont count). Everyone is wondering why Im still single. :o

My sisters and bro in laws dont bring it up with me, because they know it really bothers me and depresses me when I think about my lack of love life. My parents for the most part dont bring it up either, but I know (just like my sisters and bro in laws are too) are completely puzzled about whats going on with my love life. Am I ever going to get married? Am I even going to find a real GF for once? Honestly, I know im going to die single. Im never going to find my soulmate, let alone get married and have kids :(

It really makes me tear up inside. I cant tell my family how I feel because I know it would break their hearts knowing how I feel. My mom asked me tonight (for the first time in many years), if I have a GF and I said "no"...and she didnt say much, but I know she really wants to see me find someone special and be happy in life. My parents are getting old (in their 60s) and Im soon 27 (Yikes!), and I know my parents want nothing more than to see me get married and have a soulmate in my life. Im such a loner, I will never have anyone in my life. :(

And now especially going into the Christmas season and new years, this is the time where im the most depressed about my lack of love life. This is the time where im the most depressed about my lack of love life. :cry: Its the same thing every year with me...Im always single and IF i am seeing someone, really its pointless even introducing them to my family at around the holidays because I know one week later, or 2 weeks later the girl and I wouldnt be talking anymore.:wtc:

Anyone else feel the same way as me right now? Ive just had too many harsh breakups and experiences in the past that ive lost faith in being able to find someone real special. I dont want to sound like a whiner, but ive had nothing but bad experiences...Ive become so discouraged now when it comes to meeting women that I dont even engage with most of them. I dont have the ambition that I once did, now..Im just like blah, whatever. Had my heart broken a few times now, and really the only kind of women ive been meeting the last few years is ones who just want my money, car or whatever. The women I usually go for are either not attracted to me or are taken. Its a lose lose for me...always, and always will be.:wtc:

Im going to die single. Im never going to get married or have kids. :( As much as I want to find someone, its just not going to happen and its become a reality in my eyes.:(

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

To start, you need to change your attitude. You aren't going to attract a women being a sulky ass and moping around. Saying something will never happen isn't very smart, you never know what the future will hold, you could meet an amazing woman next week. You just never know, you have stay positive and persue all the chances you have, you really have no other choice.

3. AlliMae13

AlliMae13 New Member

First off you need to not be thinking this way. You have to WANT to find someone in order to actually FIND someone. If you go out in life with the attitude that you are never going to find someone, then you're not going to find someone because even if you don't see it, other people can get that vibe from you.

Your family wants to see you happy.

If you want to find someone, you need to cheer up and go out there and find someone. No ones going to pop up in front of you and be like "Hey Im the one for you"...You have to have the attitude that you can find someone if you want someone. But if you keep the attitude that its never going to happen, then its not going to happen.

Almost everyone gets their hearts broken, often times more than once...people have relationships that fail...but giving up is not the answer.

4. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

5. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

All the good ones are taken? Yeah I'm really feeling you there man.

6. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

Forget about your family for a minute, why DON'T you have a girlfriend? Or is this a question you're asking yourself also?

7. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

u need to live for yourself, don't live to find a girl

at least that's what i tell myself anyway.

8. JakobwithaK

I realize that but its much easier said than done. :wtc: Wish it was that easy, and even if I do manage to get somewhat positive about this all, then it doesnt last for long.

9. JakobwithaK

:wavey:

10. JakobwithaK

Sure seems like it. :hs:

11. JakobwithaK

Havent met the right person. I havent been in a serious relationship in like 5yrs....maybe even 6. Nothing but dead end relationships during that time that go nowhere but the gutter. Its like a big cycle for me, repeats over and over again. So I figure why even bother anymore.....save me the time and emotional burden.

12. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

I am single as well.. in much the same situation. Though I realized as soon as I cleaned up my attitude I got a lot more interest. Haven't found Mrs. Right yet, but its just a matter of time.

13. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:werd: :wtc: i try to stay positive much harder then is sounds tho

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  14. Schadenfreude1

Schadenfreude1 New Member

Desperation is a colonge that does not smell very nice to a woman.

Simply put: Keep (get?) your life in order. Relationships will follow.

15. pretty_n_ink

pretty_n_ink New Member

Self-confidence and being comfortable with himself are the most attractive traits in a man. Why don't ya hang with your buds, have a few laughs and have fun being alive? Us gals see a dude like that and feel comfy talking to him.

:blue: Just try going out and having fun.

16. Phat_J

Phat_J OT Supporter

I feel your pain bro. I'm only 23 but still it's been a while since any girlfriend. I know what you mean by it seems like a waste of time, money, and emotional stress to go out looking for women all the time. You have to try and stay positive. I try and hang with good friends of mine that I can really talk to about stuff to help.

17. lost04

lost04 justme

sigh** u are not alone my friend...been single all my life (20 yrs)
    i've just never really seen anyone that i totally clicked with...and all the ones that i did have chemistry with were always all taken. but you know what...it came to the point where i know exactly what i want..for i met him once...ome fine summer..we talked..laughed..and nothing more...he's engaged..and it's really hard for me to let other guys in now that i met the PERFECT guy..other guys just don't seem to measure up..
    i'm constantly looking for the potential "one" everywhere that i go..but you know what...i've found that it takes too much energy outta me to be hopeful with that mindset only to be disappointed every damn time.
    i'm not looking as intently as i once did anymore..i'm more laid back now. i've come to terms with the possibility that maybe love just isn't for me (i know...depressing, rite?). i want it. and i'll always be open to it and to the people that life throws my way...maybe we just have to meet a few wrong ones so we'll be able to tell when the right one comes along .. i don't know..but whatever the future holds...i'm determine to be happy either way...with or without a love.

18. triXx

triXx Im the crack being smoked by your dealer

i know where your coming from, sucks. i wanna find sum1 for me, problem is i wanna do it b4 i die, and im the last male in my bloodline so if i dont reproduce, i just killed it

19. Doc Love

Doc Love Guest

Here comes a painful post, be ready for it.

You need to look at yourself and realize why you have had such bad experiences with your ex's. Take a look at the women, see where you found them, how you found them and what state of mind you were in at the time you found them. I know for a fact that your state currently says I'm desperate, therefore you attract desperate women. These desperate women are not the most sane of anyone. They are normally the ones that damage men the most. Now to solve your problem, you need to work on yourself, gain a lot of self-esteem and stop this I feel like crap mood, because it will accomplish nothing. You need to stop putting this idea of I have to find someone in your head. You don't need to find anyone, you need to be happy with yourself. This may be something new to you but you're lacking major self esteem and that shows through with all the women you deal with. There's a lot more I can tell you, but this is a start. Good Luck.

20. Doc Love

Doc Love Guest

There is no perfect guy, get over that idea. Stop being so desperate, its a turn off to most sane men. The sane men aren't looking to get married at 20.

21. tman

tman New Member

I like the way she puts it:

22. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I'm 27, been single for 7 years, and not made sexy time with a woman in almost 3 years. I'm making great money, in phenomenal shape, but for some reason can't get a woman to acknowledge me. I'm also the only one left in my family who could reproduce, so it worries me that the bloodline will die too...which may not be a bad thing considering that my whole family is insane.

23. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

I'm just going to PM you about this so look forward to one from me.

24. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

. :sadwavey:

25. Xtreme2k2

Xtreme2k2 GTI Crew ಠ_ಠ OT Supporter

sounds like you need an outside view point on yourself.

you may be sending out bad vibes without realizing it :o