MIL I'm debating on getting out...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TRN, Jun 25, 2009.

1. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

[only to go right back in through the prior service recruiter]

I assume someone in here must have done this, so I was wondering how big of a hassle it is.

If I do I'll be going for a lat-move.

:noes:

:dunno:

2. Jbeanz

Jbeanz OT Supporter

Same there here man i was supposed to go on terminal Aug 1 but extended my contract 10 months for another deployment. Just do what i plan on doing and go reserves. As much as i hate the Marine Corps now i know 3 months out ill miss something about it and want back in...

3. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

the prior service recruiter calls me almost once a month asking me if I want back in, so I think they are probably hurting for guys

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

The longer you wait, the harder it is. I came back in after a little over 4 yrs. I lost all my time in grade, was just out over 4 yrs by a couple months, so I didn't get a reenlistment bonus. I would have rated 60% of a bonus had I come in before the 4 yrs. depending on how long you're out, that dictates how much of a bonus you will get if you rate one. 100%, 80%, 60%.

If your EAS is at the end, or close to the end of the fiscal year, you might be better off getting out and then coming back in, if you're trying to do a LAT move. Come Oct 1, pretty much all MOS's open up. Unless you get it in writing or the MOS you want is open/available, then in that case do it right away.

5. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member